“Food not Tasty, Takes LONG Time to Serve”

Tea Time Bamboostan Cafe
Ranked #54 of 321 Restaurants in Pokhara
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 27, 2013

For me, the menu and the actual servings did not match! They took a long time to serve after our order, and that also after repeated reminders!! The pizza we ordered was really awful, we ordered chicken toppings but literally there were NO toppings!

Will not go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent hours and hours here reading, watching the world go by. Breakfasts and coffee very good, nice vegetarian thali, staff were attentive but not overbearing. It's a comfy mellow place to hang out inside or outside, love it!

2  Thank Catharine B
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Tea Time Bamboostan is a place I visited often during my four month stay in Pokhara. A few times I went there for dinner, sometimes just to enjoy one of their delicious milk teas (!!!) and also one time for actually using the excellent wifi.

Staff is very friendly, helpful and caring towards the clients. Once we went to the restaurant with 17 people who ordered dinner. Because the staff knew it was going to take a bit longer than normal orders, we got a few shisha's to compensate the longer waiting period for our large order. Very nice, indeed!

I had the mac and cheese pasta which is served very generously, accompanied by an additional salad and bread. Also the pizzas, the thali set and other pastas were tasty.
I think the prices are very reasonable considering the big portions you get. Teas, coffees, soda's, ... have a similar price range as the other restaurants in the main street of Lakeside.

Indoors as well as outdoors, it is a lovely place to chill out. Inside you have very comfy, spacious seats and outside the chairs, provided with soft cushions, make it so much more comfortable to just relax, have a chat, stare at the people passing by, etc.

3  Thank SilkeVD
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our gang used to go there and just sit for hours and hours together, talking. Staff was always friendly and never glowered at us to get up and go. Don't know much about their food but the English breakfast was one of my favourites. I still miss it... so much!
And my friends.. and those saturday brunches!

2  Thank joyi49
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I ate here on numerous occasions - not necessarily for the food (a bit hit and miss... main menu items tended to be better than the sandwich/Burger options) but for the friendly staff and the amazing seats! Definitely the best place to be if you plan on plonking yourself down for a few hours to enjoy the wifi.

2  Thank natttyjay