“Last visit they scam the customers ... read more in this review”

New Everest Steak House
Ranked #170 of 323 Restaurants in Pokhara
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Pokhara. Each visit (more then 10 in the last 12 mnts) we eat in the new everest steakhouse. I put 2 reviews on TA earlier wich are great. But the last time they scam there customers. How ........ there steak is 400 gr (or more) and you pay about 795 npr (incl all tax). One of the last times we visit this restaurant we spoke on our way back to the questhouse that it look less meat then the times before. So the last time we eat there we looked better to our plates when they served the steaks. And indeed they where not 400 gr. Not even 300 in our opinion. I called the cheff and told him that our steaks where cut in half . 1 half on my plate and 1 half on the plate of my wife. He looked at my plates and made an appology, took them and brought back to times 400 gr of steak a few minutes later. It was a mistake he said. Hmmmm .... sure. So look out for this type of scam if you gonna eat there. The steaks btw are still great. But if he do that another time i never gonna visit this place again.

After this incident we visit also the pokhara steakhouse. This was even worse. I also wrote a review about that restaurant.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you love steaks, don't miss this fabulous steak house, tucked away on the top floor near Pokhara's main intersection. I've had great steaks in Texas, Ireland, Roatan and San Miguel, Mexico and this ranks right up there with the best.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The size of the steaks is just unbelievable. I was a bit hesitant to eat meat steaks in Nepal, as most of my friends told me horror stories, but here I ate a huge steak and I have survived. The meat is grill well. the location is a bit off the main touristic area, but if you are longing for a nice piece of steak, just run and enjoy!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

After some travelling in North-India and Nepal we we're reluctant to eat some beef in Pokhora
however not all the places met the expectations.
New Everest Steak House exceeded expectations, amazing steak and a nice roof top restaurant
A wide range of choice as well

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Brilliant for a post- trek carnivorous indulgence. Huge slabs of very good and tender steak , with a wide choice of sauces and accompaniments. Good value for what you get