“Terrible over priced food...”

Laxman Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #216 of 321 Restaurants in Pokhara
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Looking in at the candles...I was enticed to a nice quite dinner...I ordered Pumpkin soup and Spaghetti...definitely the worst food I've had in a year! The soup was like salt and garlic hot water and the spaghetti was like 2 minute noodles soaking in cream...I took a photo...but it's hard to see. The ambience is lovely, fire is great...maybe I'd go three for a tea rather than a Western meal. Huge Mistake!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Laxman doesn't look like anything special from the outside, especially when it has so many other restaurants to compete with along the main street.
We were pleasantly surprised with this restaurant, with a cosy fireplace and was busy on a weeknight at 5pm (tourist season is also winding down so we found we were dining in very quiet restaurants most nights in Pokhara).
I had a chicken salad which was absolutely delicious and presentation was great, my boyfriend got the chicken sizzler which was decent in portion and also tasty. Looking around we found other customers also ordering a lot of sizzlers, and those that ordered dal bhat were always offered seconds.
Great restaurant - we wish we had discovered this restaurant earlier!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Laxman is located on the most relaxing portion of lake side road, near the Hotel Glacier. We stopped by for happy hour (4-7pm) which provided popcorn and a large beer (Nepali Ice - a good beer not found in many places) for 270Rp. Grabbed a table near the entrance for street scene and lake viewing.

We decided to have dinner there and were very happy we did. The Indian food was exceptional, much better than we expected. We ended up returning to this restaurant two more times, each time very happy with the Indian cuisine and overall value. Malai Kofta & Veg Biryani were our favorites.

They have a nice relaxed atmosphere, good background music, attentive staff. Would definitely recommend to my friends.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The first time I visited Laxman was in 2009 and now in 2012 the place haven't changed must. They still serve great Indian food, good breakfasts and the pancakes are the best I have tasted in Nepal. Also, the price there are good compared to the alternatives. The service are good and the guys working as waiters are fun to talk with.Only negative thing is that the kitchen is very very slow..even with few customers so if you are in a hurry, it's not the best place to go. However, the wait is worth it's time and you better try the indian food there...and all the pancakes.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I’ve found Shangri-la in the Himalayas. The Chicken Tikka Masala in this restaurant is the best curry I’ve found having travelled to about 100 countries in 40 years – including India 6 times. The previous best was the Chicken Madras at the Royal Bengal in Stockton, England, but this place eclipses it! I went back nearly every night I was in Pokhara and it was consistently great. The perfectly cooked rice, cheap ice cold beer and excellent staff were a bonus.
p.s. I asked for it spicy.