“Wonderful hotel in great location with amazing staff, another home from home”

Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at Sacred Valley Inn in Pokhara numerous times during April as it was my base for 2 treks in the Annapurna region. The rooms at Sacred Valley Inn are spacious and very clean. The staff are incredible and happy to sort out all manner of trips. During my stay they organised my second trek and paragliding. I stayed here with friends and alone. It's in a great location, just a short walk from the lake and the roof terrace has amazing views over the lake to one side and the mountains to the other.
The food here is great and you absolutely must try their desserts. Chocolate brownies are to die for and the special when I was there was Lemon Cheesecake, absolutely delicious. A huge thank you to all the staff, especially Bishnu, Ailsa and Ganga, who made me feel so welcome and did so much to make my time in Nepal so incredible, looking forward to going back in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were very happy to have stayed at the Sacred Valley Inn. Friends of ours had recommended it to us from their stay and we were equally as pleased. The rooms are clean, spacious, and nice. The internet worked, meals were very nice and the staff was incredibly helpful. We booked an 8 day trek to Anna Purna Base Camp through SVI and were so happy. They set up a porter for us (who we loved), arranged transportation at the start and end of the trek, stored our luggage while we were away and were a great source of knowledge. We would definitely stay with SVI again and plan on booking future adventures through them as well.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back off the main drag in Pokhara so it is quiet, which we appreciated. The rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andinomoly
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights and most say everything was great! Really helpful and friendly people.Helped us with everything from tours in the city to trekking information.Great clean hotel, next to thamel street but also very quite.We also stayed at their sister hotel in Pokhara which is also amazing.
Both places recommended

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Sacred Valley continues to be like a home away from home. Friendly and welcoming, nothing too much trouble, comfortable beds, clean spacious rooms and bathrooms, generator back up when needed and delicious food and convenient location.
If you find it is booked out ask for another of their hotels called the third eye just back from the Main Street at lakeside . It provides the same service comfort location etc in a new building. ( see review ) .Also when in. Kathmandu same ! ( see review )
Can't imagine staying anywhere else .....

Room Tip: All are fabulous, middle or top floors means no one walks past your window, try the muesli and curd...
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Sacred Valley in is in an excellent location, just a short walk from the lake. We had a room on the top floor (14) that led onto the roof terrace. The views were beautiful. There rooms were clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was always excellent quality and served with a smile.

Ailsa, Ganga and Bishnu were the most welcoming hosts throughout our stay. They organised a trek, flights transfers and recommended excellent places to visit and eat.
I also stayed at their sister hotel in Kathmanhu which was also excellent.

I will certainly return here if I am fortunate enough to visit Pokhara again

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on the top floor (if you are able to walk up a lot of stairs)
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Been visiting Pokhara for years and this little place is a gem! Cheap, clean and secure accommodation at a great location on Lakeside. The food was fantastic - the organic coffee in particular! Bishnu and the staff were all uber helpful and really ensured we were looked after. Don't hesitate, book it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back which will be less noisy than those on the front road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at Sacred Valley Inn in Pokhara for 3 nights in early April 2014, as a good friend who lives in Nepal recommended me. Everything went very smoothly. I highly recommend this friendly, comfortable, clean, and inexpensive hotel to anyone traveling to Pokhara.

a) I inquired and booked via email, and Ailsa's replies were always timely and courteous. The checkin process was easy.

b) I had a middle floor room for US$25 per night. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I had hot shower! I consistently had very good WiFi signal for my iPad. It was nice to wake up to birds' chirping, not motorcycle noises.

c) It was sunny, and I could see Machapuchre and various Annapurna mountains from the room balcony, and, especially, from the top floor.

d) I had a nice breakfast on the open front area one morning. There are lots of breakfast places throughout town, but if you want to relax in the hotel in the early mornings, they serve good breakfast here.

e) SVI is located on the Lakeside Road (it's paved so it's not dusty!) which is rather busy depending upon the location, but SVI is on a quieter part of it. Still, many stores and restaurants are within an easy walking distance. In other words, it's quiet without sacrificing the convenience.

f) SVI has a driver and a car. He was available on 2 occasions for me, so I just used him, instead of getting a taxi. How convenient!

g) Checkout was again easy. I used a credit card issued in the US, and they didn't have any problem processing it. Just as any other places in Nepal, the denomination will be converted to Nepali Rupee.

I have seen many hotels charging a lot more not as nice as Sacred Valley Inn. This is a great find, and I will stay here again if I come back to Pokhara. You just need to book your stay early, as it is quite popular now for a very good reason.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo