“Wonderful, welcoming hotel”

Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Sacred Valley in is in an excellent location, just a short walk from the lake. We had a room on the top floor (14) that led onto the roof terrace. The views were beautiful. There rooms were clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was always excellent quality and served with a smile.

Ailsa, Ganga and Bishnu were the most welcoming hosts throughout our stay. They organised a trek, flights transfers and recommended excellent places to visit and eat.
I also stayed at their sister hotel in Kathmanhu which was also excellent.

I will certainly return here if I am fortunate enough to visit Pokhara again

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on the top floor (if you are able to walk up a lot of stairs)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Been visiting Pokhara for years and this little place is a gem! Cheap, clean and secure accommodation at a great location on Lakeside. The food was fantastic - the organic coffee in particular! Bishnu and the staff were all uber helpful and really ensured we were looked after. Don't hesitate, book it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back which will be less noisy than those on the front road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at Sacred Valley Inn in Pokhara for 3 nights in early April 2014, as a good friend who lives in Nepal recommended me. Everything went very smoothly. I highly recommend this friendly, comfortable, clean, and inexpensive hotel to anyone traveling to Pokhara.

a) I inquired and booked via email, and Ailsa's replies were always timely and courteous. The checkin process was easy.

b) I had a middle floor room for US$25 per night. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I had hot shower! I consistently had very good WiFi signal for my iPad. It was nice to wake up to birds' chirping, not motorcycle noises.

c) It was sunny, and I could see Machapuchre and various Annapurna mountains from the room balcony, and, especially, from the top floor.

d) I had a nice breakfast on the open front area one morning. There are lots of breakfast places throughout town, but if you want to relax in the hotel in the early mornings, they serve good breakfast here.

e) SVI is located on the Lakeside Road (it's paved so it's not dusty!) which is rather busy depending upon the location, but SVI is on a quieter part of it. Still, many stores and restaurants are within an easy walking distance. In other words, it's quiet without sacrificing the convenience.

f) SVI has a driver and a car. He was available on 2 occasions for me, so I just used him, instead of getting a taxi. How convenient!

g) Checkout was again easy. I used a credit card issued in the US, and they didn't have any problem processing it. Just as any other places in Nepal, the denomination will be converted to Nepali Rupee.

I have seen many hotels charging a lot more not as nice as Sacred Valley Inn. This is a great find, and I will stay here again if I come back to Pokhara. You just need to book your stay early, as it is quite popular now for a very good reason.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for several nights following the recommendations on TA - and weren't disappointed. The rooms, halls, garden and restaurant are spotless.
The food was so fresh and nutritious and the staff were very friendly.
This place was so popular that they couldn't accommodate us for our whole stay- as they were booked out. We went to their sister hotel further into town, but came back for the Dal Bhat.
Beds were soft and linen fresh off the line out the back.You can even use their clothes line. Best thing was sitting out the back sipping on organic coffee and listening to all the birds in the trees

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff were beyond helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were perfect and just what we needed. We arrived late and the staff were still polite and helpful. Breakfast was yummy. Shower was cold but we didn't care much. Didn't see the roof bar which was a shame. Great find in Pokhara.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We would 100% recommend this inn as the most friendly in pokhara. We r a couple travel for several months and needed to watch our money yet we value staying in clean and tidy and friend hotels. The sacred valley was perfect the rooms (we stayed in several both on the ground floor and middle floor - prices cheapest on the ground floor) were always clean and spacious, but minimally furnished which was fine as we had so much trekking gear with us.
The staff I cannot thank enough, all of whom went out of out their way too look after us when we were sick for several days and made us feel really cared for - thanks guys. They we also really informative about the area and ideas of what to do during the day.
The breakfast although not included was the best I had in pokhara, especially on the roof over looking the Annapurna's - they know their eggs - soft boiled and poached highly recommended!!
I have no hesitation to recommend this hotel, they made our month in Nepal amazing - thank you. Sally and simon

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The inn is tucked in from the main road, across the street from the old palace. Small shops and boat rentals line the main road for half a kilometer to one side and restaurants and more "touristy" shops for another kilometer to the other side.
Rooms are simple and clean, generally each room has beds for three people. No heating or air conditioning in the rooms we had but plenty of blankets for the night. As with all of Nepal, electricity is limited but a generator starts around 8pm. Internet is solid but slow at times.
Staff are very courteous, helpful, and really make your stay enjoyable. There is also a Sacred Valley Inn run by the same owners in Kathmandu which I haven't tried but would checkout myself the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Room 6 on the second floor is a corner unit which is exceptionally quiet. There are also rooftop roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends