“Excellent 5+ Star Service and Value!”

Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Have stayed at Sacred Valley Inn a few times now - and they continue not to disappoint! The rooms are spacious, extremely clean, comfortable and great location. The staff are excellent - very helpful and can arrange airport pick ups, guide and transport. VERY very good breakfasts and light meals on offer and the views from the roof cannot be beat. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for good value and an enjoyable place to stay. It is a definite 'find'!

Room Tip: top floor has wonderful views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara

Reviewed February 5, 2013

An excellent service, most comfortable bed, delicious and perfectly cooked omelettes in the morning, and friendly and helpful staff.

I arrived in Pokhara rather unwell and was happily surprised to find a very spacious room with very comfortable bed and lots of warm and clean blankets. A very hot shower at all ours of the day. The room was very bright, with llots of natural light (nothing unusual in Nepal, though) a great balcony with a view of the HImalayas. The terrace had great views and a fantastic place to have breakfast.

The staff at reception were extremely helpful, sorting out all my travel requirements and giving useful advise for local adventures/sightseeing.

Most recommendable!

Room Tip: It's not for those who look for deluxe accommodation, but very comfortable, no hassle hotel. Of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The first place I booked online (Mt Fuji Guesthouse) was great but expensive at $30 for the category of hotel in Nepal. This place offered rooms to exact the same standard, the beds were equally as comfortable, location excellent, it was clean and the hot showers were the best I had in Nepal yet at $15 a double, it was exactly half of what I had been paying for a near identical room. The managment was also friendly and helpful. Overall, it was the best value for money I found in Nepal, having stayed in 6 different hotels and various trekking lodges.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed in Sacred Valley for a few days after my EBC trek. They picked me up from the bus station promptly and checked in quickly. I arrived a day earlier then my booking, but the manager managed to find me a room. I ended up staying for a week.

It was located across the previous king's palace, 5 minutes' walk from the main strip of Pokhara lakeside. Really quiet.

One don't stay here for the mod cons - after all, I only pay USD 10 - but for the quietness and exceptionally friendly services from the manager and the staff. The shady compound and reasonably good food and cheesecake from the Monsoon Cafe is definitely a plus, so is the great roof top views. Had my breakfast at the balmy rooftop most of the mornings - loved it.

Room Tip: The two rooms at rooftop cost a bit more, but the view is well worth it. There is a small compromise...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Sacred Valley Inn is ideally located lakeside with clean,cosy,spacious rooms and is great value for money.We stayed in one of the rooftop rooms ($20) and it was great waking up every morning to a view of the Annapurnas or sitting out in the afternoon with an Everest beer. The staff were extremely professional,reliable,helpful and friendly. They really go out of their way and made our stay what it was, friendly people like that make all the difference when you wake up and come back to somewhere every day. Any complaints I have seen on here are due to a lack of understanding about Nepal's power situation (isn't available for certain periods of the day but hotel has a generator for high usage times that worked fine) and the fact that this is a budget hotel, a great one at that..Would definitely stay again and was sad to leave.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After staying int he Sacred Valley in Kathmandu, we picked their sister hotel in Pokhara also (Actually the Pokhara Inn was firstly established). The staff was very professional here as well. We stayed int he 2nd floor in a double bed room with balcony, but as their rooftop is excellent, balcony is not really needed, and 1st floor room would have been a better deal. We arranged the Poon Hill trek through Sacred Valley (we completed it in 3 days by the way), which was absolutely fantastic. Tek was a great guide and a nice guy, we highly recommend him.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

There is not too much to say about The Sacred Valley Inn, except that you must remember that $20 can only go so far. The excellent ratings gave me a perception that The Sacred Valley Inn would be comfortable, but it wasn't.

Such as no hot water, no TV, no electricity (they told us that the generator would work but it didn't during our stay 2-3 days). When you go for walks in the in the Pokhara area you want to come back and have a warm shower!

But the service was good and whenever I requested a driver and food it came promptly (except once, I think that was more an exception rather than the rule).

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone travelling on a budget, but if you want a little bit more I would avoid the Sacred Valley Inn.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a rooftop room for the view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacredvalleyinn P, Manager at Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest
First of all thanks for your comments which we take seriously so we can look to improve our service. Thanks for the positive remarks about the service and for the recommendation as a budget hotel and I do agree that it needs to be stressed that this is our category. Also we are quite clear about not having televisions in the guest rooms in our Pokhara hotel although we do have a tv lounge area with heater.
Sorry to hear that you did not get a hot shower while you were with us and I know how important this is. We do try our best but sometimes a combination of dull days (which means little solar) and the crippling national power cuts which are now over 12 hours per day all over Nepal means that there are occasions when the hot water has all been used.. We do use our generator for pumping up the water into our tanks and for the evening - however we limit its use so guest are not disturbed through the night.
We hope we can welcome you back another time.