“Highly recommend Everest Base Camp trek”

Team Himalaya - Private Day Tours
Ranked #302 of 930 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Team Himalaya Day Tour leads to one of the interesting Buddhist religious sites and monasteries of Kopan and White Monasteries near Bouddhanath and Swayambhunath area.Our tour and city guide will keep you well informed about the places of visit as we have cultural city guides for all types of nationality to explain in different languages on request beside English speaking guide.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 14, 2016

I had the pleasure of hiking up to Everest Base camp with Shyam in 2010 along with two of my closest friends. It was a daunting expedition for a novice such as myself at the time, but from the moment we met him we felt at ease. Shyam is friendly & warm, highly skilled and has a wealth of knowledge about the region. Our hike was challenging but Shyam was with us all the way and even when we got sick, he was exceptionally kind and supportive. During our downtime, Shyam was a pleasure to chat with and always had an interesting tidbits of facts to share with us about our trek and the surrounding region.

Shyam had also hired two excellent porters whom he treated very well. He has excellent work ethic, communication skills and leadership qualities and I wish him & Team Himalaya the best.

1  Thank Kanwar S
in 5 reviews
"trek"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2016

In 2010, my friends and I decided to hike to Everest Base Camp. At the time we booked through another company that Shyam was a guide for (the name of the other company escapes me). We had not traveled to Nepal before and were unsure what to expect. Shyam ended up being our guide on the trek and he made that trip as memorable as it was. He went out of his way to make our trip enjoyable. He was knowledgeable about local geography and customs and was more than happy to teach. On the first day of our trek I celebrated my 23rd birthday and Shyam liased with the guesthouse to bake an amazing chocolate cake that we all shared! It's little things like this that made the trip what it was. Everyone will get to their trekking destination regardless of the company they use but not everyone has Shyam as a guide. Now I learn he has a new company and I could not be happier. I know for certain he will instil that same work ethic into his team. Highly recommend this company and the great people behind it.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of trekking to base camp with Team Himalaya. It was an incredible trip made possible by the Sherpas and our guide. We were expertly guided to ensure our health and safety was a priority. From a customer service view point, we were so humbled by their kindness and "can do attitude". They even arranged a birthday cake for my husbands birthday :) We highly recommend using this company if you are trekking in Nepal!

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Always - "safety first" - very good guides with lot of experience and knowledge. Special Rajendra has been my guide on 2 treks and he is excellent. kindley and very helpful .
Beautiful landscapes, nice guesthouses, smiling and welcoming local people.

Nepal is fantastic - TRY IT....