“Rather disappointing, misleading menu”

K-Too Beer & Steakhouse
Ranked #179 of 824 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was rather looking forward to the "homemade tagliatella Alfredo" on the menu, but instead it was store-bought boxed penne. When I asked the manager, he said they used to make fresh pasta, but not anymore. Well, at 525 rupees I could have had 3 or 4 pasta dishes elsewhere. No change in the price, no information from the waiter in advance that they no longer served fresh pasta. The sauce was overly wet and bland as well. I should have probably trusted my instincts since the place was almost empty, and it's connected to Kilroy's, where years ago I had my worst-ever meal in Kathmandu.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Three of us had lunch here after our trek was over. A narrow passageway leads to a pleasant little courtyard. The food arrived within a reasonable period of time. The chicken sizzler looked terrific and my chicken burger was very tasty. There is also an upstairs section but that would be more for the evening.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A group of us went for our farewell meal here after a trek. It was busy and had a good atmosphere. I ate steak provencale which was steak with a pepper, onion tomato sauce. It was tasty and made a change from the low/no meat diet we had been eating for 3 weeks on trek. For starters I ordered a chicken skewer which was good. The chips went down well with the group and most seemed to enjoy their meal choices. Most drank beers but I fancied a glass of wine so had a glass of white wine - ok, chardonay type wine which is expensive everywhere in Kathmandu. One issue was the toilet had no water to wash hands with which was poor for hygiene. Maybe just a problem that particular evening.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The non-meat options were very poor. Tasteless and not matching the menu. 'Homemade Tagliatelle' turned out to be processed macaroni! The sauce was bland and tasteless. Overall it is overpriced. Better options available which are far cheaper.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Good food and great service! It's a great location with real meat! :) The outdoor seating is nice and beautiful! The Irish coffee that is complementary left something to be desired, but it was free. Burgers and steak were good, and the homemade chips (fries) were superb!