Review Highlights
Highly professional local travel agency

As a solo traveler from Germany I did the two weeks Annapurna circuit with a guide and porter... read more

Reviewed May 13, 2019
123iii
via mobile
Trekking magic

Adventure pilgrims was recommended to us by friends from Canada. I was so grateful as there are... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2019
Annaauditore
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

All reviews langtang valley beautiful moments lovely company guide krishna every request his brother capable hands his team thorung la pass making sure two weeks day trek every evening nice guide an unforgettable experience a lot of fun big thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019

We booked a 14-day Annapurna Trek with Adventure Pilgrims that started early in November. The four of us have done a few treks in the Andes and this was our first trip to Nepal. We found Adventure Pilgrims after searching on-line and even though they were highly recommended there were a few doubts. It became very clear not long after starting the trek that we had made excellent decision in selecting Adventure Pilgrims

Our Annapurna circuit trek was well planned and executed. From the start Porshu, our guide kept a close watch on all of us to ensure we were adjusting to the altitude and would be ready for the hike up to Thorung La. While the hike up to Thorung La was hard, the trek in overall was not difficult and a lot of fun. The fresh fruit we had every evening made us the envy of the other trekkers and to top it all off our guides arranged for a cake in Muktinath to celebrate my son’s birthday.

Govinda, Porshu and Krishna treated us like family. We have no hesitation in recommending Adventure Pilgrims to anyone considering a trek in Nepal. When I have a chance to return I will definitely book again with Adventure Pilgrims.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank GBBB
Reviewed April 15, 2019

We hiked the Annapurna Circuit with Adventure Pilgrims in the fall of 2018. Adventure Pilgrims provided excellent service leading up to the trip, answering all of our questions and provided detailed explanations of the trip we were about to go on.

In Kathmandu the owner, Govinda, was waiting for us at the Airport to drive us to our hotel. He then thoroughly explained the trip and ensured that we had all the right equipment to be comfortable.

The trip was amazing. The guide, Parshuram, and the two porters, Mama and Pawan, provided an excellent experience. The team took care to ensure that we were happy and healthy throughout the trek. Parshuram ensured that we did not go to fast as to over exert ourselves or be at risk for altitude sickness. All three were extremely knowledgeable about the trail, the communities we passed through, the religious sites we visited, and the local flora and fauna. Their knowledge ensured that we were always staying at comfortable tea houses with safe food, were hiking in a safe manor as to avoid traffic or washed out trails.

Once we were back in Kathmandu Adventure Pilgrims was able to organized a handful of tours of Kathmandu even though we did not book them in advance. Our new guide, Krishna, took us to several important Buddhist and Hindu sites in the city and provided us with detailed explanations of the sites, local customs, and history.

If I ever get the opportunity to return to Nepal I would without a doubt use Adventure Pilgrims again. The provided excellent service with every detail taken care of.

Jeff

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Spend a short time on poon hill circuit and chitawain national park.
My guide parshu was great and everything was well organised from govinda and the team. Some of the best hiking I have ever done,will be back for Ebc or mustang.

Highly recommend!

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Adam H
Reviewed April 3, 2019

22 years ago i had a amazing trekking with Govinda Panda.. all these years we have exchanged wishes... and this year i come back and Govinda helped me to relive beautiful moments and have memories that will last for all my life.
thanks Govinda , Krishna and all the staf of Adventure Piligrims for the beautiful moments ..

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Emouloudaki
Reviewed January 16, 2019

We landed in Kathmandu on Dec 31st in the afternoon, and were eager to try and find a trekking team (guide and porter) to start our trek ASAP. The office was already closed when we got there, but after having their downstairs neighbors give them a call Krishna communicated with us and let us know he would greet us in 30 minutes, which he did. He then proceeded to give us extensive information and his opinion as to what treks we could do for 10 days (our goal), as well as calling our assigned guide so we could meet him and have a better chat with him. We ended up deciding for the Langtang Valley trek, which took us up to Kyanjin Gumba.

The golden part of this review is the experience we had during the trek. Parshu Panta, our guide and Krishna's brother, made us feel instantly comfortable, and his level of English is mindblowing, it was like talking to a native English speaker! Even before the trek started two days later (on Jan 2nd), it was easy to communicate with him and get questions answered (such as the temperatures we were to expect so we could better prepare). The day of the trek we met him again, this time with our Nikesh, our porter.

Our happy team of 4 (me, my husband, Parshu, and Nikesh) had the time of our lives trekking for over a week. We got along lovely from the get-go. They were both super friendly and made is feel like a family from the get-go. Parshu's extensive knowledge of the geography, the history of each town and Nepal, the fauna, the flora, etc. further enriched our experience. In addition, both Parshu and Nikesh took good care of us during the whole duration of the trip, making sure we acclimated well to the altitude, kept an eye on symptoms that could indicate we needed to go slower or rest, and giving me the right tips to help me feel more comfortable at close to 4000m of altitude. As well, when the altitude started hitting me, they were both incredibly patient with my slow pace, constantly reassuring me that taking it slow is the right way to acclimate. I not once felt pressured to go faster, and instead was always encouraged to take it slow and enjoy every second :)

The cherry on the top, which is a testament to how well we got along, was that during our last day in Nepal Parshu invited us to his home so that his adorable wife, Shobha, could teach me how to cook Daal Bhat (the typical Nepalese meal).

Needless to say, we miss them dearly, and really hope to go back to Nepal and do another trek with them again. :)

Date of experience: January 2019