Review Highlights
Lovely tour with unique insights

Shiva was a wonderful guide who offered us a walk through the culture, religion and history of... read more

Reviewed today
aleCCaratas
Barcelona, Spain
Great guide with perfect English

Shiva is a great guide with a lot of experience. During my 2 month stay he is the best English... read more

Reviewed today
Twan189
via mobile

All reviews walking tour monkey temple great tour free tour free walking highly recommend this tour hour tour meeting point great introduction happy to answer any questions real kathmandu nepali culture wealth of knowledge private tour local life an excellent guide durbar square
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019

I wanted to experience some of the popular sights around Kathmandu while visiting but didn’t know what was going to be worthwhile. I am extremely happy that I found this walking tour. I had done some wandering and research on places to see and things to do but it made a world of difference to be shown around by a local on this tour. Shiva was the best! His smile, enthusiastic attitude and calm warming nature made everyone in the tour group feel welcome and comfortable throughout the entire experience. He is extremely knowledgeable in the history and traditions of the local temples and communities throughout Kathmandu. He took us from Thamel all the way to the Swayambhunath Temple (Monkey temple), taking us through small alleys to markets and temples we probably would never have found on our own.
If you need something to do while in Kathmandu, I can’t recommend this tour enough!
P.s Shiva is also a registered trekking guide who owns his own trekking company based in Thamel called himkala adventures. So if you are interested in exploring nepal through some trekking it may be worth your while to shoot him a few questions :)

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Shiva was wonderful in bringing us to the less trotted areas outside of Thamel. The entire walk was very engaging as Shiva shares many anecdotes on Nepalese way of life, culture and religion. We thoroughly enjoyed our time, and highly recommend this to all.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

I had an amazing and unforgettable experience with Himkala Adventure! After going on the ONLY free walking tour in Kathmandu I decided I wanted to do a bit of trekking in the nearby Valley Fringe. I came to Shiva, Himkala Adventure’s director, to ask him what he thought was the best next step. Before I knew it, he had come up with a complete itinerary for 3 days and 2 nights with some fantastic sightseeing included. Shiva was an excellent guide! He is easy going, kind and very knowledgeable. If you are looking to do some trekking in Nepal, I very highly recommend going with Himkala Adventure!

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Had the pleasure to be on a city tour with Shiva. He is a very knowledgeable guide, I have learned a lot about Nepalese life, Kathmandu and different religions in Nepal during our 3-hour tour.
My personal favourites were the hidden courtyards spread out across the city. I would bever be able to find these myself!
Definitely recommended!

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

Shiva is an extremely knowledgeable guide - I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon together, exploring the hidden corners of Kathmandu. He will take you off the beaten track and show you the real Nepalese side of the city, rather than just tourist-ridden Thamel! Thank you again!