“best vegetarian meal”

Green Organic Cafe and Farmers Bar
Ranked #23 of 765 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Nepali, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This cafe has its own farms in three different locations;from where the vegetables, grains, dairy, fruits are produced and delivered. The restaurant is two storied with garden terrace, hi-speed free wi-fi, bar, low sitting,natural decorated, clean rest room separate for female.Freshly prepared Soup and Salad are No. 1 here. Veg. and non-veg. both are welcome. Freshly squeezed seasonal juice, Lassie, Shake and the best menu of fresh herbal tea is the special here.Location is just opposite of Road house cafe, Thamel. Next to Hankook Sarang Korean restaurant.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“best vegetarian meal”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tried their vegetarian set dinner with brown rice, so delicious. Best seated on the balcony while look on the busy street below.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
“An Oasis”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently returned from a six month visit to Nepal (September 2012-March 2013). I lived in Kathmandu between treks and ate almost nightly at the Green Organic Cafe and Farmers Bar. I lost count but probably had at least 50 meals there. "Health in a Bowl", a large serving of vegetable and legume soup, was one of my favourites and it kept me well nourished over the long term. At one point I had a cold though and a nightly, tall glass of their hot rum punch, made with a simple but especially delicious mix of spices, was soothing - so much so, in fact, that I ordered it even when I was back on my feet. The Vegetarian and Chicken sizzler are also to be recommended. I found the staff friendly and professional. The washroom was kept very clean and stocked with a plentiful supply of individual small cotton towels (the norm in many places is often one towel to be used by everyone). I also really enjoyed a nightly read of the local and international newspapers provided. There was also free wi-fi.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Healthy and fresh”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I ate at Green Organic Cafe and Farmers Bar today for lunch and everything we ordered was superb: a generous serving of the Healthy Soup, the Garden Salad and the Pasta Pomodora. With two teas, the bill came to Rs. 1,300.

Our only complaint is that the wait staff seemed to forget about us after our food arrived. We had to wave our arms several times to get their attention.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York, USA
“Slow, Healthy, Fresh Food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Green Organic Cafe and Farmers Bar embraces the concepts of slow, healthy, and fresh food. Despite their mantra that attracts (or scares away?) costumers, their food is simple and delicious. Walking in, you see fresh ingredients on display and it has atmosphere that invites you to hang out, eat, check mail. The service is good enough for local standards; they don't rush you as you sit there using the WIFI nor neglect you. The menu offers maybe too ecliptic of a mix; I can't imagine they are good at everything (brown rice at last!). On a recommendation I tried the health vegetable bowl of soup (which is enough for a small meal) and it was delicious - simple fresh flavors, good hearty ingredients. Overall, this is a place worth visiting, for coffee, a snack, or a meal when you are tried of yet another meal of dal bhat and momos.

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best organic food in Kathmandu”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very happy to follow advice from other travelers on this one.. amazing food, great service and a comfortable rooftop setting. The manager took the time to talk to us about where the food comes from, how it is taken care of and prepared, A refreshing change to the rolling of the dice traveler's routine we were in. Felt safe and highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013