“Another awesome trip to Kathmandu!”
Review of Hotel Courtyard

Hotel Courtyard
Ranked #96 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Another awesome trip to Kathmandu!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a few days off and were looking for a place to go not too far from UAE. Nepal came to our mind again since we had such a great time 2 years ago. Of course, without hesitation we went back to the Hotel Courtyard. Once again everything was perfect, great room, awesome service, great ambiance, and best owners ever. Michelle and Pujan recommended we do a rafting trip, and this was the best advice ever, we had a blast, would love to do it again. Next time we go back to Nepal we will definitely go back to the Courtyard, and this time we will do a good treck, which I will not hesitate to let them organize for us.

Room Tip: Room 401 is awesome, one of the bests.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YannLavoie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've stayed at the Hotel Courtyard twice in the last four months and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Hotel Courtyard is so much more than a hotel, it's a community where you will be made to feel really at home. Michelle and Pujan really take the time to get to know their guests, and will introduce you to other people staying. I was travelling on my own both times, but was made to feel really included. On my second visit, Michelle and Pujan took me out for dinner on my first night to welcome me back to the hotel - in fact, on my second visit I no longer felt like a 'guest' but a friend, which is a welcome feeling when you're travelling alone.

The hotel itself is stunning... the rooms are huge, with beautiful parquet floors and enormous beds. There is a gorgeous little library where you can sit and chat/read/email if you don't feel like going out - although with Thamel on your doorstep, you have plenty to go and see.

I look forward to going back to Kathmandu, and when I do, I'll be staying at Hotel Courtyard.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 7Weekend
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is exactly what you need after average accommodation experiences elsewhere in the city. The rooms are very spacious with high ceilings, the beds extremely comfortable, the service exceptional, and the price excellent. We stayed in places almost double the cost of a standard room ($56us), which were not as good. Close to Thamel shops yet quiet, this place draws you back..

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bonnieandstan
Wollongong
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is okay but not value for money. Michelle is friendly and helpful with information about where to go to purchase items and what to see. The reception staff are grumpy, I didn't see them smile in 5 days. The room was large but worn (especially the very dated bathroom with worn, old towels). The bed was hard and the room dark but there were some nice features like the wall lamps and wooden floors. As there was no lift, it was 8 flights of stairs to get to the 4th floor. The hotel was a bit of a maze and I constantly found it hard to find my way to our room and it didn't help that the number had fallen off the door. After a fire a few blocks away during our stay, it made me realise that in the case of a fire, I would never find my way to the staircase from the room and there would be no other exit, therefore a death trap. The breakfast was okay. Everything was okay but based on what hotels cost in Vietnam, Bali and India, this was expensive. Maybe Nepal is expensive. We paid $65 per night but with taxes it was $81. The guy at reception added 4% for a credit card payment which we thought was very steep considering the shops usually took 2%. Location is very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank watsonfam
Melbourne
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel courtyard was the nicest place I have stayed in during my travels in India. the staff are very polite and helpful. The rooms are absolutely top notch and well appointed.
But the star of the plane is the building itself. The courtyard us fantastic and has awesome spaces where you can snuggle in with a cup if coffee and a good book or just listen to the water features.
The small library and bar are really cosy and good for hanging out during the rain.

Communication us also good with emails to the owner receiving prompt replies.

All in all an awesome stay

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank noeledge
Pascagoula, Mississippi
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

From the minute we encountered the hotel driver, our experience with the Hotel Courtyard was perfect. When we arrived at the hotel, in the heart of Thamel, we were made to feel like friends, not just hotel guests. After a lovely dinner out, Michelle and Pujon ensured that our too brief stay in Nepal was perfect. We had a car and driver, Sita, and saw as much as we wished. Our second night Pujon cooked dinner for all. There was no problem with interrupted power supply, and the beds were very comfortable with lovely linens. An experience that we will not soon forget!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel three times over recent weeks and whilst it was a good base in Kathmandu, the location was good and well away from the bustle of Thamel, I would not rate the hotel as highly as others here have done. We thought it was a bit grubby and dingy and rather overpriced. The suite we stayed in was very large but had black walls, and we preferred the standard rooms which also had quite comfortable beds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends