“wonderful hotel”

Ranked #94 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
usa
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Hotel Courtyard is amazing.
The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The owners, Pujan and Michelle just the best hosts, you could imagine-friendly, welcoming, fun.
They are readily available to help their guests with any problems they may face while in Nepal. You can have a feeling that you are in "good hands", and in case of any emergency, there would be somebody competent who could help you.

The hotel has a wonderful library, with many books and magazines for the guests to enjoy. The breakfast is great, prepared to order-eggs, pancakes, etc... There is always hot water for drinks in the dining room.
Also, the location of the hotel is very good-central, but not loud. In the future, I will stay again at this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.
Thank you Pujan and Michelle for everything.

1 Thank AWD38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place is, as everyone has already outlined, a real find in Thamel here in Kathmandu, Nepal. The staff are friendly, the service is exceptional. The rooms are spacious, warm and inviting. The beds are, well, after a long trek you just die and go to heaven.

I stayed a total of three days. Check in was swift and problem free. All the facilities worked and there was HOT WATER!!!! This is hard to find in Kathmandu and when you do find it, you value it a great deal. In addition to hot water there was Free WiFi which is like breathing air for the modern traveller.

In short, this is great little hotel and is extremely busy because of it so book early no matter what! The owner Michelle is just a great person and nothing seems to be a trouble for her and her staff.

Enjoy your stay. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you are travelling in a trek team and need to meet to discuss the plan and go over the plan, choo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pattaya Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for five nights as a 'tourist' not as a 'trekker'. I stayed here because of the revues on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. Its not a 'Holiday Inn' type of hotel. The rooms are basic but very clean and comfortable. I used one of the hotel taxis for seeing the tourist places . The driver was excellent with a good knowledge of the sites and the rates were good value. Very good location, the only downside being pestered by taxi touts and the like in the road outside the hotel. A very enjoyable stay and would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: There are numerous power cuts at the hotel. (the power suppliers problem, not the hotel). Take a sma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KeithfromPattaya
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The location for this hotel is awesome. It is in the heart of Thamel but down a quiet side-street. The hotel itself boasts some awesome rooms and a great included breakfast. However, I found some of the staff to be less than helpful when trying to print out plane tickets. It took 3 attempts before one would direct me to another cyber cafe (even though they claimed to offer printing in the lobby). I also found the owners to be a bit odd. One always had her dog around and would occasionally bark and growl at guests. I like dogs but not at the hotel I am staying at.

Wickham, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great spot and great hosts< nothing is too much for Michelle and Pujan, stayed elsewhere in Katmandu and Nepal and this was definitely the most comfortable (even had hot water), wish we had found this place at the start! will definitely recommend this hotel to other Aussies!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cairns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wow! We arrive into Kathmandu for our first time at night and are driven into the Hotel Courtyard where we are met by both Michelle and Pujan and ushered into the library for complimentary welcome drinks. From this beginning, we only continued to be incredibly satisfied with our experience. We stayed here for total 7nights in between trekking. Pujan is an energetic person with an impeccable skill in coordinating. Anything you need he can get for you whether it be flights or permits for trekking. Obviously well-respected entrepeneurs in Thamel, they have the who's who in trekking stayjng with them. We met a couple of mountaineering celebrities during our stay at this fun relaxed oasis. The rooms are uniquely different but all elegantly styled. When we returned from trekking, lazing about the hotel was an enjoyable as we sat on the leather couches in the courtyard with drinks chatting with Michelle and Tibby and swapping stories with other international travellers. There are burger nights, steak nights and Slideshow nights run by Chris Biel. They got it all, highly recommend!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated, none will disappoint
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Well what can I say,

This was my second trip to Kathmandu and my second time at the Hotel Courtyard in Thamel.

This hotel which is owned and run by Pujan and Michelle, such a formidable team.

Upon my arrival I was whisked away to the bar, while my luggage was taken care of. What a great way to start the holiday.

Eventually, when I made it to my room after a lenghty re-aquaintance with the bar and meeting some new guests, I was soooooooo ready for a nice hot shower. A must in Kathmandu

I stayed in a suite room, which was huge and very welcoming. I slept so well the first night, as it is tranquil oasis once you come through the security gates of the hotel.

Breakfast is basic, but for me totally sufficient, especially as I was able to eat bacon, lol. I live in Kuwait so do not have this luxury.

Pujan, Michelle and their staff are so helpful at anytime of the day. Just ask for help if you need anything and they will be there.

You must also experience the culinary delights of Pujan. He is an amazing chef. You can taste his passion through the delicious meals he cooks.

Having come back for the second time this year I feel and am treated like family.

I have to tell you I am planning to go back again. I left my heart in Kathmandu.

I would like to thank all my friends at the Courtyard for making my stay such a wonderful and memorable experience.

Best Wishes

Brian

Room Tip: All the rooms I am sure will meet you expectations.
1 Thank cygnetboy69