Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$82
Expedia.com$90
Hotels.com$90
Travelocity$90
eDreams$82
Agoda.com$82
All reviews an oasis the penthouse the hustle and bustle busy thamel thamel district wonderful stay rooms are clean visit kathmandu hot water prem heart nepal trek chaos sanctuary tibetan culture
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

I have not seen the others but this place is the best. Extremely friendly, very clean, great food and situated very well. It is also very inexpensive both room and food.
Live band on Fridays and end soon enough for next day early travelers.
If you need a place to stay in Kathmandu, this is it.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Namaste Seetravel12

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate sharing your experience. It was such a pleasure hosting you. Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and your compliments motivated us more.

Dhanyabad for choosing Dalai-la.
We will see you soon. Until then take care.

with regards
Dalai-la boutiqye hote

Reviewed August 26, 2019

I had an excellent stay at this incredible accommodation. Dalai-la has a very hospitable staff with an amazing ambience. I had one of the best breakfasts there.
I highly recommend the stay. Looking forward to the next time around there.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Namaste R-Aakriti,

Thank you for taking the time out to write us a wonderful review and sharing your experience and also thank you for choosing our Hotel. We are really glad to know that you enjoyed our dining. We appreciate all the compliments and will pass it on to our team.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

I didn’t stay at the hotel (wish I had) but I went for drinks and snacks in their beautiful courtyard. A real haven in the middle of Thamel. Great food and even better cocktails. A must for travellers craving a bit of luxury.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank RaeS684

Namaste RaeS684,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we have put effort to improve with each and every visit of the guest. Our team was pleasured to host you and review like yours motivate and encourage our whole department to serve our guests better.

It will be our honor to host you again in your next visit to Nepal.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

I could not leave a better review of our stay at Hotel Dalai-la. The staff here are beautiful and will make your stay an absolute pleasure. From the meals, to the rooms, to the location, to the hospitality you will not finder better value in Kathmandu. The staff members here took care of me when I was injured and even spent the night at the hospital with me. The manager Tenzing constantly went out of his way to make sure I was ok and we were well taken care of. Much appreciated to everyone at Dalai-La for making our stay an excellent one! Muri muri dhan'yavada - Kyle / The Weight We Carry

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Namaste Kyle,

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing our Hotel and also for taking the time to write a review. It was our honor to host you and your group. We feel sorry that you have to face many difficulties due to the accident that happen to you and we are pleased to help you in your difficult times. Our priority is to always make our guests stay smooth and relaxing and we feel happy to hear such warm reviews from you.

Hope to see you and your group again in the coming years.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

I'm a month late leaving a review I'm afraid. Myself and my husband were visiting my son in Nepal as he works in Surkhet. He, and his girlfriend, knows this hotel well as he uses it when travelling to Kathmandu. My first impression was WOW! It is really lovely and luxurious looking with great attention to detail and also a world away from the madness of Kathmandu. I stayed in 203 which was a lovely room and there is air conditioning thank goodness. Oh, make sure you shut the door properly or an alarm goes off-oops! I didn't visit the gym, gallery or yoga unfortunately. We ate there few times and the food is varied and fabulous. We drank there often, we discovered Ghurkha beer-our new favourite lager. I loved the Eggs Benedict. Purists will say it's not Eggs Benedict but I think it should always be served that way. We visited Surkhet then came back to Dalai La for our last day. This time we got room 104 which was even more fabulous. The staff were amazing, so friendly and efficient. Apparently the owners wanted to build a hotel that they would love to stay at and they have hit the nail on the head.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank laurahudson72
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Namaste Laura,

On behalf of our entire team, Thank you for choosing our Hotel and also for taking the time to write a beautiful review. I will surely relay your warm review and appreciation to the entire Dalai-la Team. It was our honour to host you and your husband and we are glad that you loved the upgrade. Hopefully, when you visit next time you would have enough time to enjoy our gym and other facilities as well.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we put an effort to improve our service in every visit of our guest.

We hope to see you in the near future.