Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$82
Expedia.com$90
Hotels.com$90
Travelocity$90
eDreams$82
Orbitz.com$90
All reviews an oasis the penthouse the hustle and bustle busy thamel thamel district wonderful stay rooms are clean visit kathmandu hot water prem heart nepal trek chaos sanctuary tibetan culture
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

I didn’t stay at the hotel (wish I had) but I went for drinks and snacks in their beautiful courtyard. A real haven in the middle of Thamel. Great food and even better cocktails. A must for travellers craving a bit of luxury.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank RaeS684
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Namaste RaeS684,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we have put effort to improve with each and every visit of the guest. Our team was pleasured to host you and review like yours motivate and encourage our whole department to serve our guests better.

It will be our honor to host you again in your next visit to Nepal.
Thank you once again for your beautiful compliments.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

I could not leave a better review of our stay at Hotel Dalai-la. The staff here are beautiful and will make your stay an absolute pleasure. From the meals, to the rooms, to the location, to the hospitality you will not finder better value in Kathmandu. The staff members here took care of me when I was injured and even spent the night at the hospital with me. The manager Tenzing constantly went out of his way to make sure I was ok and we were well taken care of. Much appreciated to everyone at Dalai-La for making our stay an excellent one! Muri muri dhan'yavada - Kyle / The Weight We Carry

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Namaste Kyle,

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing our Hotel and also for taking the time to write a review. It was our honor to host you and your group. We feel sorry that you have to face many difficulties due to the accident that happen to you and we are pleased to help you in your difficult times. Our priority is to always make our guests stay smooth and relaxing and we feel happy to hear such warm reviews from you.

Hope to see you and your group again in the coming years.

Thank you once again for your beautiful compliments.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

I'm a month late leaving a review I'm afraid. Myself and my husband were visiting my son in Nepal as he works in Surkhet. He, and his girlfriend, knows this hotel well as he uses it when travelling to Kathmandu. My first impression was WOW! It is really lovely and luxurious looking with great attention to detail and also a world away from the madness of Kathmandu. I stayed in 203 which was a lovely room and there is air conditioning thank goodness. Oh, make sure you shut the door properly or an alarm goes off-oops! I didn't visit the gym, gallery or yoga unfortunately. We ate there few times and the food is varied and fabulous. We drank there often, we discovered Ghurkha beer-our new favourite lager. I loved the Eggs Benedict. Purists will say it's not Eggs Benedict but I think it should always be served that way. We visited Surkhet then came back to Dalai La for our last day. This time we got room 104 which was even more fabulous. The staff were amazing, so friendly and efficient. Apparently the owners wanted to build a hotel that they would love to stay at and they have hit the nail on the head.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank laurahudson72
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Namaste Laura,

On behalf of our entire team, Thank you for choosing our Hotel and also for taking the time to write a beautiful review. I will surely relay your warm review and appreciation to the entire Dalai-la Team. It was our honour to host you and your husband and we are glad that you loved the upgrade. Hopefully, when you visit next time you would have enough time to enjoy our gym and other facilities as well.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we put an effort to improve our service in every visit of our guest.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Love the surrounding of this Hotel. Rooms were big n clean! And they have live band on every Friday and it’s very nice to chill down here. This place was recommended by a friend and would definitely come back again the next time we come to Nepal

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
dalailaboutiquehotel, Manager at Dalai-La Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Namaste valued guest,

On behalf of our entire team, Thank you for choosing our Hotel and also for taking the time to write a beautiful review. I will surely relay your warm review and appreciation to the entire Dalai-la Team. It feels honour that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and hope to host you again in the coming future.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

My friend and I stayed here before and after trekking Thorong La-Pass. Rooms are sparkling clean and very comfortable, the location is perfect - in de middle of Thamel (main travellers hub in Kathmandu), the amenities were great for me (I used the yoga studio a lot during the day when there were no classes on) but above all hospitality of the staff was outstanding. The staff are kind and very accomodating to any request we had.

The hotel organised our trekking to Thorong La-Pass and did an amazing job making sure our trek was a once in a lifetime experience. Always staying in touch to make sure that we had everything we needed and flexible enough to make amendments to our itinerary when needed.

All in all, we had an amazing experience with this hotel and couldn't have wished for a better base for our Nepal adventure.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Namaste Simone,

On behalf of our entire team, Thank you for choosing our Hotel and also for taking the time to write a beautiful review. I will surely relay your warm review and appreciation to the entire Dalai-la Team. It was our honour to host you and your friend.

We hope to see you in the near future.