“Excellent company”

Himalaya Guide Nepal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Himalaya Guide Nepal is leading organization in Nepal more than decade in Himalayas Nepal, during long years an experience we organize Trekking, Peak Climbing, Hiking, Sightseeing Tours, Jungle Safari and Rafting in Nepal. Our staff are well experience and came from different part of mountain region. We are based in Kathmandu Nepal and we have representative in USA, Europe and South Africa too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 3, 2018

Our third visit to Nepal and once again we received excellent service from Himalaya Guide Nepal Pvt Ltd. We tend to travel with very little notice and Chandra always manages to organise everything in time for us. Chandra's younger brother, Dinesh, was our guide again and we marvel at how quickly he is learning and expanding his knowledge of the english language. Along with that he has an amazing ability to problem solve - our first day of travel was wrought with many difficulties due to heavy rains and muddy roads (like nothing I have ever seen before) and I observed Dinesh constantly arranging changes in our mode of transport and helping others out of tight spots. He ensured we eventually made it to our destination but I know it wasn't easy. Throughout the whole trek Dinesh always put our best interests first making sure we had enough to eat and were feeling well. He is very kind, gentle and caring whilst showing great strength and endurance capabilities. We trust this company implicitly and once again have no hesitation in recommending them.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank JaneRobertsNZ
All reviews
"younger brother"
in 4 reviews
"annapurna circuit trek"
in 8 reviews
"no hesitation in recommending"
in 4 reviews
"amazing experience"
"my friend"
"great trek"

Reviewed May 2, 2018

My friend and I recently returned from EBC on a trek organised by Chandra at Himalaya Guide Nepal and I would have to say that it was one of the best trips of my life.
Right from the start when I contacted him via email Chandra was extremely helpful and quick to respond to any concerns or questions we had.
When we arrived (very late) in Kathmandu, representatives were waiting for us at the airport and ferried us to our hotel with no hassle, before our sightseeing trip around Kathmandu the next day. It was a very nice, but long, day but our tour guide was great and very knowledgable.
Then the trek itself. It goes without saying that the scenery is unbelievable, but what else can I say except it was amazing. Our guide Nurbu and porter Lakpa took care of absolutely everything and made us feel very welcome throughout the whole 12 days. Nurbu was was extremely informative, very patient (especially with my friend, who was rather slow) and most of all great fun to be with. We looked forward to his nightly briefing with eager anticipation!
Everything ran like clockwork, with breaks, meal times and teahouses seamlessly organised so that we never had to worry about a thing the whole trek.
The only problem we had was with flights in and out of Lukla (we ended up paying extra for helicopter trips due to time constraints), but even then Chandra organised a full refund for our cancelled plane flights with no questions asked.
Then when we got back to Katmandu, Chandra took care of us once more, checking to see if we were ok and taking us for a celebration dinner.
What made it more special were the little touches, the fresh fruit after dinner each night, the plaque presented to us upon comlpetion and the silk scarf given to us as we left for the airport after an exhausting, but highly enjoyable 15-day trip.
It was a superb experience and I would highly recommend Himalaya Guide Nepal to anyone wishing to trek the EBC route.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Myself and 2 other friends trekked the Annapurna circuit in November of 2017, which included a side trip to Tilicho Lake. Our guide Dennis and porter Birzing were very hospitable and flexible. They both went out of their way to create an unforgettable experience high in the mountains. I definitely recommend trekking with Himalaya Guides. Can't wait until my next journey to Nepal, I will be getting in touch with Dennis, Chandra and crew to guide me.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We had an amazing tour with Ramesh, our guide. He was charming, friendly, helpful, and funny. And the Annapurna circuit was amazing. We would definitely recommend going, and we'd recommend going with the Himalaya Guide Nepal team. We had a great experience.

We're giving them four stars because of a few things that could be improved and would have made our trip better:

1. Clearer communication about who would be our guide. We worked with Chandra pre-trip, and thought he would be our guide. But when we arrived, we found out Ramesh was our guide, and spoke very little English compared with Chandra, who we had been emailing with. Ramesh was wonderful, but we would have preferred to know this ahead of time.

2. A better orientation for the trip. We started off with a very rough idea of what we were up to, and missed out on some basics— we thought potable water was included (it's not) and we didn't realize how much money we'd want to supplement the provided meals (and didn't bring enough).

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank BenjaminB3923
Chandra G, Owner at Himalaya Guide Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Hello Benjamin,
Thank you so much for your very good review our trekking company Trip Advisor link, and you had enjoyed a trip with our trekking guide and with our Himalayan nature during your trip to Annapurna circuit in Annapurna region. And Himalaya Guide Nepal Pvt.Ltd. is always happy to well come you as well as your recommended friends, when they are looking holiday in Nepal. Your recommendation always well comes thanks.

At first, it is true we had communicated about trip details and I am a trip organizer of Himalaya Guide Nepal Pvt, Ltd. so it could not possible to trek with you both but I think misunderstanding between us. I am agreed with you Ramesh has less English compare to me because of everything. and upcoming further time I promise that I will send you well Eglish speaking guide for you when you are with us and we are happy to do that.

It is quite unclear for you sorry for that and you did not read details of itinerary what I had mentioned details what is included and not include before to fix a trip and I had provided you printed itinerary when you arrived in Nepal too. and meal full board means you can eat full for your stomach and if it confused you could be asked for your guide. Thanks for your nice suggestion I will note it all thanks again.

Best Regard