Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition (P.) Ltd. Day Tours

I will come back!

Reviewed February 24, 2018
Marco C
Jakarta, Indonesia

All reviews international guest house traditional nepalese excellent knowledge service provided experienced guide everest region tara stops mr pace itinerary airport sights accommodation earthquake trek
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Tara is a very experienced and knowledgeable guide. We felt very safe and we would love to go back and do rafting with him.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I was a solo traveller in a fabulous trekking organized by Mr. Tara in the first week of December, great period to go to the Everest region if you want to stay clear off tourist crowds. Everything was perfectly organized, was handled with professionalism, overall, my trekking experience was beyond my expectations. The package included airport pickup and drop-off 2 days in a very good 3 star hotel in Kathmandu, a round trip ticket Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu, a cultural program, a price, and many other facilities usually given to large groups. My trekking started as for any tourists, from Lukla airport with Mr. Dipak, a very professional and experienced guide and also a great travel mate, open to any kinds of conversation all along the trek that lasted around 12 days. I added 2 extra days to visit Kathmandu guided by Mr. Tara who also helped me to get a special price for my extra days’ accommodation. I am a very happy and super satisfied trekker who keeps on recommending Mr. Tara’s agency, to friends and acquaintances. What I found really amazing, is I felt like travelling together with my best friends. I am going to repeat it adding Imja Tse peak.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I definitively can recommend doing the one day private tour in Kathmandu valley with Nepal Mountain Lovers. We got the most for little money! !!

The tour was very interesting as our guide Tara has an excellent knowledge about Kathmadu, Nepal and its sights. Within a day we explored the traditional city of Kathmandu, visited impressive temples,  palaces and other fabulous points of interest.
As we wanted to benefit the most, Tara even extended the time without charging more!
Thank you Tara for the great day.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

My son and I have had a wonderful trek to Everest Base Camp superbly organized by Tara. The guide and porter he selected were professional and took good care of us throughout the 12 days trek.
Tara was our guide in Kathmandu and the area. All the site he selected were interesting to visit and see. All the recommendations he made either met or exceeded our expectations including the small hotel in the middle of the city and close to everything. Tara was also extremely flexible to adjust his plans and schedule to our last minute request.
My son and I plan to go back to Nepal for another father and son trip and we will use no one else but Tara and the Nepal Mountain Lovers agency.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

We contacted Tara over 2 years ago for the Everest Base Camp Trek, but the earthquake made it impossible. We had already given him the deposit for the trip. No problem, 2 years later, we were finally able to meet and do the trek!

When we got sick going up, he added a day for use no problem. The guide he chose was reliable, flexible, fun and he knew his business. Tara called us on the mountain to make sure everything was okay. His advice made it possible for us to get to the base camp and to summit Kala Patthar.

When we got back, we booked a small cultural tour of Kathmandu. Tara was our guide. Always smiling and laughing. He made this trip a delight. Very happy to have met this man. 10/10 would recommend and use again!

Reviewed May 7, 2017

My friend and I had only a few days spare to visit Nepal, but as soon as I contacted Tara at Nepal Mountain Lovers I knew we would be able to arrange a trip that was full and worthwhile.

Tara replied very promptly to my initial message and had designed an itinerary that suited our time frame very well. He was there to greet us at the airport and drive us straight to the International Guest House in Thamel district (we'd requested a budget trip and were pleasantly surprised with how nice the place was). Once we were settled in the hotel, Tara sat us down with the map and asked if we would like to do a trek that was a little more challenging than our initial itinerary - which we were more than happy to do.

The trek itself was fantastic. The uphills did leave us a little breathless but were well worth it as we were rewarded with stunning views of the Kathmandu valley and the surrounding mountains. Along the way, Tara was full if interesting facts about Nepal - it's religion, politics and anything else we asked about. The pace of the trek was good, with plenty of breaks and stops to take pictures - at no point did we feel rushed. We also had no problem finding hotels to stay in along the way. Upon returning to Kathmandu, Tara took us on a walk through Bhaktapur, an ancient town full of fascinating architecture and historical curiosities. Our final evening was spent at a traditional Nepalese dinner, with dancers and musicians to entertain the guests, showcasing the best of Nepalese culture.

Overall we were extremely pleased with the service provided. The cost was very reasonable and it left us free to enjoy Nepal's beautiful landscapes without having to worry about anything! Tara was an excellent guide, a friendly man who was very accommodating to our needs. We're already talking about returning to Nepal to do the Everest base camp trek.

If you're planning a trip we would highly recommend getting in touch with Nepal Mountain Lovers.

1  Thank bradleyhillas
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Tara's services is highly recommended!

Me and my friend were supposed to travel to Nepal on an earlier date and have done final arrangements with Tara (initial deposit was made for the tour), but due to some unforeseen events- me and my friend needs to cancel the trip. Tara have told us to take it easy as he is very flexible and that we could still take the tour any time we will be free.

True enough, we have arranged again the trip with him on a later date and even if our schedule is very tight, he made sure that we were very much accommodated on what we want to experience during our stay. He is also very informative and knows a lot about the country and its culture.

We fell in love with Nepal and now we are planning to take the base camp trek. We will definitely get his superb services again!

1  Thank raziellieee
Reviewed January 27, 2016

Travelling as 2 females we were a bit anxious about what to expect when arriving in Nepal. We were told by people at the airport that the costs of fuel would hinder us being able to get transportation and food. This was never the case. Tara was right there at the airport waiting for us with a sign with our names on it. We were greeted by him and our driver and taken to the International Guest House which was perfect for our stay. Tara had absolutely EVERYTHING taken care for us! Everything. He arranged our accommadation, our flights to Lukla to go trekking, our guide and porter, and even changed our itinerary while we were there to cater to our needs. He took us around Kathmandu, got us sleeping bags, walking sticks and down filled jackets for our trek which were included in our price. Although Tara never came trekking with us, he sent us with a very knowledgeable and lovely guide Badri and our very kind and lovely porter Dan-Kumar. We had an epic time trekking and went for 5 days around the Everest Region. Tara always called to check in with our guide daily to ensure we were doing well and there were no issues. Upon our return from trekking, Tara was there once again to greet us with a smile and eager to hear about our trip. The next day he took us on a tour around Kathmandu to see the temples, stupas, etc. It was perfect. Aside from seeing Everest, our highlight was dinner with Tara one evening at a traditional Nepalese resturaunt. Beautiful meal with the beautiful company of Tara :) We were so well taken care of by this beautiful soul! The price was right and it certainly exceeded any of our expectations! If you are looking to go trekking or simply tour around Kathmandu, contact Tara and his company Nepal Mountain Lovers! You will not be let down!

1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed November 30, 2015 via mobile

Tara sorted out all the practicallities of my stay, very helpfull, permits, pickup from the airport, flight tickets, guide/porter. All in I was very pleased with the service provided

1  Thank Morten N
Reviewed September 7, 2015

Travelling anywhere alone can be intimidating, but when you are made to feel as welcome as Tara made me, that intimidation disintegrates. Although I am an experienced traveler, to come from India and how they treat their guests, in direct comparison with Nepalese welcomes, I know which place I would likely to be returning to.
Tara took me around Kathmandu, checked me in to a fantastic (far better than expected hotel) and although he did not conduct the trek I was made fully aware of the itinerary and what I could expect. Upon my return a day early, even though it stated I would be obliged to pay for any additional nights, Tara took it upon himself to take care of the booking and the additional nights accommodation cost. A truly grand gesture when you have just come back from Everest , trekking an average of 9 hours a day and can’t feel your legs any longer.
Nepal itself, was a truly wonderful place. From Kathmandu to the Everest base camp, a great time was had. And it was all the more helped by the hospitality I received. I was there approx 2 weeks before the disaster, so I cannot comment on Kathmandu’s current state, but just pray that all who I met, including Tara and his family, are safe and well.

2  Thank Jonathon B