“A Great Trip In Nepal”

Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition
Ranked #2 of 23 Nature & Parks in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Service oriented Agency, professional and well experienced staffs, reasonable cost for any sort of activities and specially for day hiking, highly dedicated towards clients who are connected with Destination Himalaya for their day hiking, trekking, climbing, sightseeing tours throughout Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Qingdao, China
“A Great Trip In Nepal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We went to Pokhara by bus.Then a driver of the HOTEL CENTER LAKE came to pick us up.After that,we check in the room.The boss and the staff in the hotel are all kind to us.We began the sightseeing at the second day.The driver drived us to a cave , David's Fall,a temple and the regional museum.He knows about all of this very well and told us everything about what we saw.We chatted in the car happily and he is very friendly to us.We were going to do the plaglanding but because of the rainy weather we didn't do it.It's a pity.Finally,the three -day trip ended up happily.
PS.The scenery is beautiful outside of the hotel.We can see the snow mountains at the top of the hotel.

Visited July 2014
Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you Wang. How are you and Mum doing? See you soon in Nepal.

Min Gurung

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great 2 days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have just spent 2 days in Nepal for the first time in my life. i had booked through online for hotel and flight to visit Himalaya but suddenly weather became rainy and all planned activities cancelled. i searched on internet and i found trek with Destination Himalaya have a lot of recommendation. i spent 3 hours to found his office and finally he arranged for me and my wife a water rafting activity in level 4 river and visit to chitwan with Jungle walk activity, elephant ride, canoe and cultural night.

thanks Davaraj for you smile and cooperation.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mohamed F
Dear Mohamed,
Many thanks for your review. Pleased to see this on this forum, appreciate... See you some day again.

With Regards
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great trekking holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I had a lovely time. My guide (Ramesh) was excellent and the service was great. Highly recommended. I loved my time in Nepal and will definitely be coming back in the future. Thanks you very much Destination Himalaya for a wonderful holiday.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank D5490BRJamesR
Dear James, Namaste
Great to see your compliments on Trip Adviser about the trekking you did. We are so much looking forward to see you in Nepal.

Greetings
Morzine, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent trekking company with very knowledgeable guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We have trekked twice in Nepal, in 2008 and again in 2013 with our 18 month old daughter. Tika was our guide both times and both times he was superb. His knowledge of the area is excellent and he knew how to look after us and our daughter really well. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank AlJudge
Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Judge and family,
Thank you for sharing your experience through the Trip Advisor and let all the people to read. We really appreciate. We all miss your little baby. How is she doing? Hope to see you all soon.
Greets
London, United Kingdom
“Great price and wonderful guide (Tika Dhakal)! Don't book through an agency in your home country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've done two treks with Tika Dhakal at Destination Himalaya Treks. The first I did was Mount Everest Base Camp in 2006 and the second Manasalu circuit trek in 2013 (I visited in March 2013 but Trip Advisor won't let me go back that far) and I very much intend to return to Nepal and do another trek with Tika!

Both treks were absolutely fantastic and both were made much better by the fact we were with Tika. His English is good, he is very funny and always upbeat and encouraging, making it easier to carry on during some of the harder days. We shared some wonderful times with Tika and met his lovely family. Despite suffering from mild altitude sickness on both treks I was incredibly well looked after by Tika and I honestly can't see myself trekking in the Himalaya's without him. A side point here - the treks were both absolutely stunning and had some of the most breath taking scenery I've ever encountered.

The price we received was very good (although if you are on a tight budget the all inclusive food isn't a necessity if you are willing to eat Dhal Baht every day like we did and sacrifice treats like chocolate and Coca cola) and I would highly recommend booking through either Tika or the company direct, rather than booking through an agency in your home country as you will pay far more to trek with a big group! For example one agency in England charged over double the price we paid to go with a group of 14 whereas we were in a group of 2.

All in all two incredible treks for a great price. Thank you Tika and thank you Destination Himalaya! See you again soon.

Visited September 2013
Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Cat,
Thank you for your review. We really glad to see this on this travel forum. Your review will see people from all over the World who watches this site.
You know one thing.... We all from Destination Himalaya went to new route survey for a day hiking. It is a very good route for day hiking which will be launched on site very soon. How are you all doing by the way? Here all and every one okay. Look forward to seeing you soon in Nepal.

Greetings