All reviews home away from home free tea and coffee homely hotel real home hot water trekking company away from the hustle and bustle friendly place hotel owner quiet street rooms are clean busy thamel side street thamel area hotel is located an oasis kathmandu valley
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

We book through email and they manage pickup from Bhaktapur, wow it's free. We stay in Annapurna room it's so nice and specious space. They have lovely breakfast menu and great staff hospitality. WiFi and hot water was perfect. See you again highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Stayed here in August 2016. Very friendly staff always looking out for their guests and how they can help you. The rooms are what you expect for the price so value for money is great. Very central location near Thamel so you are within 5 minutes walk from
the tourist centre of Kathmandu. Thanks Mi Casa!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giorgio5492
hotelmicasanepal, Manager at Hotel Mi Casa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Namaste
Thank you for your stay in micasa and give us great review here.Please count micasa if you need anything form nepal . we are happy while our guest feel comfortable in micasa. Thank you hope see you again.
Shaila and Micasa team.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Well ... where do I start. I was traveling around the world and knew I was in Kathmandu for a week with kind of a plan to do half of the Everest Base Camp Trail. I was in Thailand then Cambodia and it hit me ... I still don't have a place to stay in Kathmandu and I better get on it. Trip Advisor ... here I come. Based on photos and other TA reviews ... I booked two nights at Mi Casa. I got there on a Saturday evening after long travel day and Rupak picked me up. I went around the world and KAT was my 4th country ... and going through customs at the airport was a trip ... and coming outside and seeing a dude with your name on a placard ... it was good. We had to wait around for a bit as they were picking someone else up or waiting for the shuttle ... I was a tiny bit nervous but when you travel ... relax. The van came and it was awesome after that. The place is great, I went a grabbed a few beers and snacks at a mini mart around the corner, Rupak told me where to go (great English ... very, very nice young man in fact everyone on staff is very nice and friendly), I got my items and came back to the sanctuary of Mi Casa. It is a slice of heaven in a crazy, scooter, horn honking town! Anywho ... got up next mornign and met Shaila the proprietor ... he runs a great ship. He walks the talk as far as "you are part of our family" mantra they talk about on their website. It's the truth - Shaila and everyone on staff is genuine and true.

Here comes the fun party ... I wake up next morning (a Sunday) and I'm in Nepal for a week and no plans yet. I had done a ton of research about the Everest Base Camp Trail .. but the weather looked dodgy. I didn't want to do that trek if was going to be raining and cloudy the entire time and I wouldn't see a thing. This was my concern. So ... I wake up Sunday morning, go for a quick walk after the great breakfast they serve ... and come back and meet Shaila ... around 9:30 a.m. He asks about what I want to do ... tell him my story .. we talk about the Annapurna trek and how the weather might be better. I'm listening .. and then he clues in on how much research I've done on the Everest Base Camp Trail .. I knew about the flight to Lukla, the different stops, Namche Bazarr ... and the way back down. He said, "I can tell you want to do that trek and I know someone who knows more about that trek than me ... let me call him." HE LISTENS .. IT'S NOT ABOUT HIM ... IT'S ABOUT YOU. Next thing you know ... I meet his buddy Gokul who runs a trekking company and I'm on a chopper to Lukla within 3 hours (not cheap) and I'm starting my 5 day EBC trek up to Tengeboche to go see Everest ... which is what I wanted to do!

Bottom line ... this place is awesome and I loved, loved the outdoor terrace/patio spaces at the property. Mustang and another one have the patios ... which are mandatory for me traveling. Sitting outside and night, enjoying a beer and watching the birds and hearing the sounds - way better than a hotel room with no view. Just book the place - you won't be dissapointed ... great service and great location in Themal district!

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank PortlandPolv

Namaste
Thank you for your time to give us great recommendation , Thank you for sharing your experience , we are ho happy that you feel comfortable in micasa .Thank you so much .Hope see you again .
Shaila and micasa team.

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Mi Casa is one of the hundreds of small guest houses located in a narrow side lane at the entrance to Thamel, the labyrinthine backpacking and trekking suburb of Kathmandu.

I have stayed in many hotels on Kathmandu and there is little about Mi Casa that would classify it as a hotel. It is certainly hospitable, and comfortable, and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, as they are in most of the smaller guesthouses I have stayed in over the years.
It is accommodation that suits the mid-priced budget recreational traveller to Nepal, rather than those visiting on business. While I stayed, Mi Casa appeared popular with female travellers, possibly due to its glowing reviews on TripAdvisor.

Mi Casa's location is good, on Trivedi Marg at the main entrance to Thamel, with numerous taxis at the lane entrance. It is only 100m from the wonderful Garden of Dreams. Fire and Ice Pizzeria is opposite the lane, and the local Starbucks clone, Himalayan Java, is also only metres away. All of Thamel's many hole-in-the-wall boutiques, trekking supply stores, restaurants, cafes, and bars are literally on the doorstep.

Mi Casa is small. Basically a four story house with nine rooms, each named after a mountain peak. Three rooms have access to shared outside courtyard spaces. The two highest rooms (including their suite) have outside access by a steel fire escape staircase - not ideal in wet weather. Like most older buildings in Thamel, there is no elevator.

The guesthouse reception is off a small gated courtyard. There is no off street parking. There is a lounge waiting area with bookcases on the ground floor.

Also off the courtyard is the undercover open-air dining area, with small kitchen and four tables. Breakfast is included. There are three set chioces; omelette, pancake or porridge, with fruit, toast, croissant and tea/coffee.
Tea and coffee is complimentary throughout the day for guests. Soft drinks and beer are also available, along with an array of teas.

Rooms are comfortable, with wooden flooring, Nepalese furniture, good aircon, flat screen TV, telephone, safety box, complimentary WiFi, and basic bathroom. Rooms are only serviced on request, not automatically or daily. Hot water is heated by solar power. Water pressure in the bathroom was very erratic although that may have also been due to the fact I was on the fourth floor.

Like all accommodation in Kathmandu, electrical power was supplied by generators at various times in the day due to the continuous rolling national power cuts known as "load shedding" which affects all businesses in the city.

Airport pickup is available for US$10 by prior arrangement. The Mi Casa management also own the the trekking company Take Me Trekking, which is located next door to the hotel/guesthouse.

2  Thank 780brettm
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I book through email and they offer me free pick-up,I stay in manaslu room with attached bathroom and balcony ,it so cozy and nicely decorated room ,clean hotel and helpful staff ,I will back here again

Namaste
Thank you for choosing micasa and left great review here. Yes we do have FREe pickup for direct email booking .we are so happy that you feel comfortable in micasa. Have good time ahead , hope see you again.
Micasa team and Shaila