“5 day short trek mt. Everest”

Mountain Mart Treks & Expedition
Book In Advance
More Info
$60.00*
and up
Private Namo Buddha Full-Day Tour from Kathmandu
Ranked #1 of 931 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Mart Treks & Expedition is specialized in small group holidays package in Nepal. We offer daily sightseeing tours, hiking, and private day tours inside Kathmandu valley. Also we operate multi day trekking programs.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great experience with our guide Lochan and our porter BJ. They were both very helpful and nice. Everything was included in the price, so that was a plus (flights, food, hotels, permits).

The only thing I would warn other travellers about is that the 5 day trek is too short, if you're spending this amount of money, you might as well take the full trek to the Mt. Everest base camp because the views will be a lot better (you can't see too much on the 5 day trek). You can even do it without a guide if you want to save money. Also, if you don't have any hiking experience like me, you will be very tired and might fall sick a lot easier, which might take away from your overall experience.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just completed the 12 day Everest base camp trek with Mountain Mart. I had such a great time, the trek was hard at times but we took things slowly and everyone in my group managed to get to base camp. We were blessed with some great weather during the trek and had some beautiful views. I felt quite unwell (headache/sick) on one of our acclimatisation days and was well looked after, luckily the next day I felt much better and was able to carry on. The places we stayed were variable, but about in line with what I expected. My guide was Nabin who did such a great job, I felt lucky to have him as my guide. He looked after me well, making sure I had everything I needed and especially when I felt unwell. Shout outs too to guide Gokana and porters Sudip and mapesh (sp?) who were all fab.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

My brother and I did a short round trip trek from Lukla to Namche Bazaar with our wonderful guide, Bhoj, and porter, Shukbir. The views of the Himalayan mountains were spectacular, including a clear view of Mt Everest! Bhoj was very patient as I took a long time to climb uphill in the high altitude. I feel very lucky to have had Bhoj as our guide. The biggest downside was the uncertainty of the flights to and from Lukla. We waited about 5 hours for clouds to clear enough to fly and were very worried we wouldn’t fly at all. Overall, it was a great trip. I recommend Mountain Mart for trekking in Nepal, they will take good care of you!

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We did the 5 day trek from Lukla to Namche Bazaar. The highlight of the trek was our guide and porter, Bhoj and Shukbir. They were excellent and willing to accommodate anything we asked and more. They made everything easy and flow smoothly and were a pleasure to travel with. We were lucky to have the trip alone with them, although that isn’t guaranteed so check with mountainmart if you require that. The accomodations and food were adequate, though be prepared for very gross bathrooms on the trails and at most restaurants. The downside of the trek was the weather - we did the trek in May and were very lucky to have one clear day out of 5. We were also extremely lucky to be able to fly to and from Lukla on the days we planned, and many flights were cancelled. Doing it earlier may be safer but colder. Also, I don’t remember if the website mentions it but substantial tips ($100+) are not included with the trip. Luckily our guides really earned them. The trip was overall great!

1  Thank Kevin P
See more reviews
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends went on a private tour from Lukla to EBC and back. The trip was very well organized by Dolakh and the agency. Everything went as planned and as we were told. Both Prem and Ram, our guides, were incredible. They speak very well, they are very polite and very helpful. I got AMS whilst there. They both took great care of my health and advise exactly and promptly what I had to do. I recovered really fast and went all the way to EBC. Thanks to all the team for a great effort and care.