Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $60.00
from $55.00
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews poon hill day trek everest base camp short trek making sure guide kumar oxygen levels managing director an amazing experience other companies sleeping bag cho la pass namche bazaar hot shower every evening kala patthar well taken care
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Can't fault anything. Everything was organized by Dolakh, from the time I arrived in Nepal, the entire 8-day trek, our stay in Pokhara up until I left for the airport, we were well looked after by the team.

The highlight was definitely the ABC trek. I have to mention the team, Tembi our guide, Ram, our assistant guide and porter, and Rahul, our porter too, who had been patient whatever my pace was. To Ram who was always one step behind or beside me especially when I kept slipping and sliding during our descend. Three of them made sure we were always alright, well-fed, well hydrated and also made sure we had decent places to sleep. They all made my first big trek as safe as possible, I never had to worry anything. Can't thank them enough!

1  Thank 183mainep
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We ( 4 portuguese friends and 2 new Australian friends ) performed this October the fast Everest base camp experience, words can not truly describe all the emotions that we experienced throughout this 10 days . Mountain mart was absolutely exceptional, starting from the boss of the company who gave us a really detailed briefing ,to the airport pickup, the amazing level of communication, organisation of the trip and support . Our guide Ram was all we could ask for, humble, really knowledgeable and supportive, we had some episodes where members of our team were not feeling great and words can not describe the level of support and friendship this individual showed toward us . Ram always went the extra mile to make us feel more comfortable throughout the whole trip, showing a high level of sensibility and education , his knowledge of the local culture and history made the trip that bit more special. After this trip our crew felt that there is no better company then mountain mart to team up and have an amazing experience and therefore we would strongly recommend their services .

1  Thank Andre P
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We engaged in Mountain Mart's services for a one week trip to Nepal, including an assisted trek with porter and guide to Poon Hill. It was our first trip to Nepal, and a very memorable one.

The agency's managing director Dolakh was very approachable and responsive to our needs. Every step of the trip was well taken care of, from airport transfer to finding good hotels for a comfortable stay.

Our guide, Ram (Rechard Banjara) is incredibly knowledgeable about the trek, mountains, politics, and history of Nepal - he shared them readily throughout the trek and it made the journey a very enjoyable one. He is also very attentive to our needs, always ensuring we are well taken care of. He is well versed in English, and extremely friendly.

Our porter, Rasik was also very helpful, assisting us in the tougher parts of the trek. He will also always ensure we had proper rest throughout the trek.

I will highly recommend Ram and Rasik to be the designated guide and porter for anyone looking for a trek package under Mountain Mart.

1  Thank Ng H
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We are exceptionally pleased to have done our first trip to Nepal to do the Poon Hill trek with Mountain Mart.

Dolakh is prompt with responses and queries to make arrangements for a comfortable stay especially in Pokhara and Kathmandu. They respond with a positive attitude to feedback.

The best part of the trip is of course the trek and we were taken care of by Ram (Richard) Banjara as our guide along with a cheerful and helpful porter Rasik.

Ram is knowledgeable about the mountains and shares good stories about them and he also made very good arrangements for our stay in the lodges. If you like good conversation on a long walk he'd be a good guide to have around to learn a bit more about Nepal and local perspectives.

Our porter Rasik was also always ready to lend a helping hand on the tougher parts of the trail.

Both Ram (Rechard) Banjara and Rasik have been great companions for this trip and I will highly recommend them as guide and porter for anyone looking at assisted treks in Nepal.

Thank you Mountain Mart for a great trip!

1  Thank TheRealGavin
Reviewed October 19, 2017

My partner and I recently completed the 10-Day Rapid Everest Base Camp with four other new friends we had made from Portugal. I had put through inquiries with a number of different local trekking company but chosen Mountain Mart Trek for our first time trek because not only we were able to fit within our scheduled holiday but also thanks to Dolakh making our booking seamless and prompt responses to all the questions I have.

To make the rapid trek possible, the credit is definitely given to our guide Ram. From the first day to the last day, he did his absolute best to ensure that things flow smoothly for all of us. From pick up from our hotel, organizing to make sure we had the first flight out of Kathmandu to Lukla knowing how the weather plays a big part in departure. When we got to Lukla, he introduced us to the 3 sherpas (Jai, Matrika and Biman). Throughout our journey, Ram ensures that we are looked after (food orders, food serving, drinks, snacks) and being comfortable on trek and off trek. He provides us explanation of the surrounding, sharing his local knowledge, always answers any questions that we have, chats and laugh with us, always making sure we are going ok and comfortable after every overnight stop and a thorough briefing of each day's itinerary the night before. I had altitude sickness as well during the trip but I made it through the trip with the great support of Ram and the sherpas. I won't have been able to have completed the trek without their support.

Our flight was cancelled out of Lukla but you could see Ram was trying his best all morning to make sure we are able to leave Lukla as he's on the phone constantly to find us a solution (helicopter).

If we were to go back to Kathmandu and decide to another trek, we would definitely seek Mountain Mart (trekking company) and hopefully Ram to be our guide (if possible). We definitely would highly recommend MMT to all our friends, family and anyone who would like a great adventure trekking in Nepal.

2  Thank Christina L