“An amazing experience Everest Base Camp”

Himalayan Smile Treks & Adventures - Chandragiri Day Hiking
Book In Advance
More Info
$85.00*
and up
Day hike in Kathmandu valley
Ranked #386 of 805 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Chandragiri day hiking one of the best day hiking around at Kathmandu valley. The hiking start Hindus Temple at Matatirtha or Hotel Outlook INN. The clean environment makes you different and you feel relaxation in your mind. Also you can view panoramic view of the Langtang and Ganesh himal range. From outlook Inn hotel the trail lead to Chhap Bhanjyang at 2275m through the small villag
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

My friend and i wanted to trek to Everest Base Camp, normally we would do this solo without the use of guides as we travel frequently.

We decided that using a Company in Nepal would make things easier for us and as such we could enjoy the trek without the hassle of having to organize accommodation etc.

We emailed KP at Himalayan Smile at very late notice and attended the office in Thamel on our arrival to Kathmandu.

KP despite our short notice immediately organized a private trek for us departing without delay the next day. For a great price.

KP then introduced us to Chandara who would be our Guide for the entirety of the Everest Base Camp Trek. Chandara was a polite and friendly Nepali gentlemen with a good command of English. Chandara immediately took us on a tour of the Thamel district and helped us organize Sim cards for our phones sorted our permits and took us shopping to get the extra clothing we needed. Chandara's assistance saved us time and money and we learnt a lot about the Thamel region under his guidance.

Himalayan Smile organized a great room for us in a lovely hotel Apsara Boutique. (included in the price of the Trek). They also supplied us wth great sleeping bags and duffle bags to store extra items that the porter would carry.

Chandara organized everything for us, checking us in at the airport making our trek completely stress free. Every time we arrived at a destination for the night Chandara and out porter Manoj would
have every thing organized so that we had absolutely no worries and could just enjoy the trek and take in the magnificent views and the amazing culture of the Khumbu Region.

Being experienced Trekkers (both ex military) Chandara was happy to let us go at our own pace which we really appreciated and he really looked after us so that we had absolutely no worries. Every thing was taken care of from start to finish. Chandara also translated for us when needed assisted us with purchasing anything we needed and his intimate knowledge of the Region really made a difference to our trip.

We were making great time and Chandara was happy to accommodate this and when we finished a few days early he worked constantly to get us on a plane out of Lukla to Kathmandu so that we could experience more of beautiful Nepal rather than be stuck in Lukla.

Over all, i highly recommended Himalayan Smile. Exceptional Service. Chandara was an amazing guide and even our porter Manoj became a good friend and both treated us with the up most respect.

Himalayan Smile made our trip stress free and we enjoyed it immensely. The price was very reasonable.

Along the way we met a lot of people traveling without a guide and honestly they seemed to be struggling with some parts. Having Chandara with us every step of the way took away any stress we might of had attempting this trek alone.

All reviews
"porter"
in 8 reviews
"culture"

Reviewed February 21, 2017

You will not be disappointed!
The staff at Himalayan Smile Trek is more than just accommodating. I feel like I made new friends! From the first contact, about 3 months before my arrival in Nepal, till my departure flight from Nepal, KP Sudie, owner/manager of Himalayan Smile Trek, was attentive, informative and accommodating to my needs and interests.
I chose the Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek. However, KP was able to customize the trek since my time was limited in Nepal. I had a guide and a porter with me during my trek. They made the journey unforgettable; we shared stories and laughs. My guide, Pramod, was extremely informative about the land. I was grateful to learn all about Nepal.
The Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill was full of culture and beauty. This was my first trek so I do not have a point of reference but if you are looking for casual trekking submerged in the mountain and local culture, Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill is the spot!
All transfers and transactions were smooth. KP meet me at the hotel in Kathmandu whenever needed. He was there to greet me upon my arrival to Nepal and my return from the trek. Pramod, my guide was always conscious of my whereabouts. I felt I was well taken care of and safe - not that you should worry about safety too much in Nepal. Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and nice!
As appreciation for my business, I was treated to a traditional Nepali dinner by KP. The restaurant, food and staff were delightful.
Many thanks to the staff at Himalayan Smile Trek. I 100% recommend their services and will return if I should chose another trekking adventure in Nepal.

See you soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

trekking from Lukla to EBC was a unique experience ! Himalayan Smile owner/manager KP assisted our team of 4 with all planning, reservations, gear check and a first class guide (Mr. Ganesh).
Having had some spare time, KP also managed to organize other trips, to southern Nepal and Buthan.
All swiftly and easy.
Congrats KP !

PS - for the ones trekking on the Kala Patthar, starting at 4:00 am, don't forget to dress warm and grab a breakfast : )

Reviewed August 26, 2016

My experience with Himalayan Smile Treks was fantastic from start to finish. I ask a lot of questions and KP was there to answer all of them! Pramod was my group's guide and was an absolute pleasure to hang out with the entire time. He is ridiculously knowledgable about the surrounding areas and just a really nice person in general. Definitely request him for your trek!
The Poon Hill trek is beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking.
I wasn't a huge fan of Chitwan National Park, as most of their tourism relies on elephants (rides, "baths", etc.) which I am vehemently against. This is no reflection on Himalayan Smile Treks whatsoever, but I encourage you to choose where you spend your money wisely and boycott Chitwan National Park until they remove elephants from their tourism program. You will see dozens of elephants chained to poles with no more than a few feet to walk (in the government facility no less!).

To sum it up:
Email KP today.
Setup your trek.
Request Pramod as a guide.
Boycott Chitwan National Park until elephant tourism is banned!

1  Thank MelegaStudios