Tripadvisor
Kathmandu
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Nepal Eco Adventure tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Kathmandu
from $1,538.47
from $1,280.00
from $60.00
from $1,400.00
1,267 results
All reviews annapurna circuit day trek sleeping bags assistant guide oxygen levels gokyo ri lang tang cho la pass chola pass making sure trekking poles answered all my questions every evening wonderful trek flora and fauna great company an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I had a wonderful time doing the 15 day Langtang Trek. Chhatra (the owner) was extremely helpful and responsive as we planned our trip. Shyam (our guide) was an impressive, experienced and professional guide. He was very knowledgeable and shared a lot of great information about the culture and natural surroundings. He was also cognizant of the potential for altitude sickness and ensured we took our time, avoided potentially sketchy foods and no one got sick.

Shyam was also very flexible as half way through the trip, my friend hurt her ankle and we had to switch our plans, drop her off, and continue on for a week with just myself, the guide and porter. As a solo female treker the second week, I felt very comfortable with Shyam and our porter. Highly recommend this company and Shyam for Langtang or any trek!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Had a wonderful and successful trek to Annapurna Base Camp with Nepal EcoAdventure.
This was my first trip trekking in Nepal and as a female solo traveler I had a lot of concerns about difficulty of trekking.

But everything right from the start was really clear and easy: booking the tour, pick up at airport, all trekking adventures were well organized. We reached ABC on Jan 1st!

My guide Basu Sigdel was good and helpful, always taking in-to account my fitness level. So, trekking was challenging but not uncomfortable. He had plenty of knowledge to share about mountains and Nepalese culture along the trek.

I would highly recommend Nepal EcoAdventure to other travelers.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Completed a successful and fun trek over 12 days to Everest Base Camp with Keshab as our guide, and Dilip and Santar as our porters in December 2019.

Highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventures as they are well-versed with the nuisances of travelling in the mountains - when trekking in Nepal it is important to be flexible based off weather conditions and they did a great of advising us every step of the way! They adjusted the pace of the trek to suit the team, and really took care and consideration of our health and safety and encouraged us to drink lots of water and take breaks to mitigate altitude sickness. For reference point - we saw many (8 people) other groups not make it, partially as they did not choose to take the 2 acclimatization days typically scheduled for an EBC trek.

Additional details:
-I was a solo traveler, but the overall group size ended up being 4 people so fairly intimate. The group sizes vary significantly depending on the time of year you go - so just remember to ask closer to departure for the final group size, if it of interest for you to know.

-Going in the off season was an excellent choice - we had lots of space within the teahouses and the routes were not at all crowded.

-Keshab and team were extremely thoughtful and considerate - in the mountains you have to be flexible, and in this case they saw the weather conditions were snowy/icy, therefore we were advised to get crampons - which I found to be a very wise decision.

-Chattra is extremely prompt in his responses to any questions, concerns or inquiries you may have through email prior to your trip. Don't hesitate to ask.

- Due to weather conditions, I was provided the option to shorten my trip from 15 to 12 days and skip the Gokyo circuit due to heavy snow in that route. It was a good decision by NEA to recommend, as the route did appear to be snowed in and would not have been traversable at the time. I'm happy the option was recommended to me.

I would not hesitate to recommend Nepal Eco Adventures or Keshab and his team for anyone interested in trekking in Nepal!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Our group completed the Everest Base Camp Trek with Nepal Eco Adventures in December 2019. It was an amazing experience and it would not have been as great as it could have been without Nepal Eco Adventures. Our guide, Raj, was very experienced and had very good English, explaining everything about our trek very well. We also had great communication before our trek started with Chhatra via emailing, who was very responsive and extremely helpful in organising our trek. Furthermore, it was very affordable compared to other companies, hence why we ended up going with Nepal Eco Adventures. I strongly recommend this company to anyone wanting to complete Everest Base Camp Trek!

Reviewed January 14, 2020

I joined a group to do the Annapurna Circuit in December, and had an absolutely amazing, stress free, perfect trip. Our guide Basu was fantastic, took great care of the group and just went above and beyond to make the trip memorable and wonderful. Suman, our porter, was more like an assistant guide, super supportive and just a lovely person.
100% would recommend this company to anyone looking at trekking in the beautiful country of Nepal