“Chhatra Karki - a great guide”

Nepal Eco Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nepal Eco adventure is Kathmandu based local adventure trekking activities organizing company own by Chhatra Karki, professional in tourism of Nepal since two decades. We are specialized in Sight-seeing tours,Eco Tours,adventure trekking and travel tours trips in Nepal.
Granada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Chhatra Karki - a great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We did a trek with Chhatra a few years ago and he is stellar. You won't find a more likable guy. A Nepalese with a Scottish accent?! What? How? I have recommended him to several friends that have returned to him over and over again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kyrksjon
Nepal Eco Adven... P, Public Relations Manager at Nepal Eco Adventure, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Namaste

Kyrksjon !!

Firstly thanks for commenting about ascent and huge thanks for your beautiful words. Team Nepal Eco Adventure is really happy to get him, as you stated in your wide review.

And coming to this 2014 we have got a brilliant team with fluent English speaking guides and helpful members. We are sure to make your next trip to Nepal again more memorable and will make you to feel like coming Nepal again. And as you stated for others Trip to Nepal will be with outstanding team of Nepal Eco Adventure.

Thanking again for your short but focused review about us, i.e. team NEA. We will make your another trip awesome with us. Its promise for better than before.

Kind Regards,
Team Nepal Eco Adventure.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Florence, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“No other guide, but Chhatra ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

After first trekking with Chhatra in 2008, when I came back to Nepal in 2012, i had no doubt: Chhatra would have been again my guide! Enjoy your Nepal trekking with Nepal Eco Adventure :-) Francesco

Visited October 2013
2 Thank checchi19
Nepal Eco Adven... P, Public Relations Manager at Nepal Eco Adventure, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you Francesco !!
Nepal Eco Adventure is pleased to have your worthful words.
Coming to this year of 2014 we have got a very delighted team with us. Our team of guide, translator, fixure and local porters is doing its best for satisfaction of our guest. We are sure that, your next trip to Nepal will be excellent with us. NEA team is well-organized for all sorts of activities for your holiday.

Thanks for recommending Nepal Eco Adventure for Nepal trekking.

kind Regards,
Team Nepal Eco Adventure..
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“echo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

it's really amazing n awesome. please starts from chitwan, pokhra and nagarkote only. not from kathmandu. during dasera festival in durga puja time all roos are closed.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank shyamal170
Nepal Eco Adven... P, Owner at Nepal Eco Adventure, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Namaste Shyamal170,
Thank you for your review and recommendation on trip adviser for Nepal Eco Adventure. We are pleased to hear that you have great tour kathmandu,Chitwan and Nagarkot. You are happy with the trip and service provided by our company. Hope you come back to Nepal again. on your next trip to Nepal we will provide you even better quality service.
Best regards,
Nepal Eco Adventure team.
Wollongong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All aspects considered and covered fantastically!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My friend and I spent almost 2 months in Nepal during August-September. Our experience was enriched greatly by having the expert guidance and support of the Nepal Eco Adventure company. Chhatra Karki was an invaluable guide who provided non-stop answers to our multitude of questions before we had even left Australia. It is so wonderful to have emails responded to sensibly and swiftly, particularly when planning a major overseas holiday. Excellent public relations! We were assisted with every single aspect of our stay (and he showed incredible attention to detail and consideration of our individual wishes and requirements): including: airport pick-up, accommodation, dining recommendations, tuktuk/transport hints, language tutorial, card game tuition, trekking adventures (2 treks during our stay), internal tours, he even lent us a mobile phone (which was actually his fathers, but he was yet to make the lengthy journey to deliver it to his father - hence we had use of it for a few weeks!)...
I am desperate to return to Nepal to experience another trek with Nepal Eco Adventure (and to see Chhatra again)... this time I will bring my husband who was unable to make the initial journey. I want to share the wonder. Thankyou Chhatra and Nepal Eco Adventure group!

Visited August 2013
Hello Heidi D,

Thanks for this beautiful review on behalf of Nepal Eco Adventure. Thanks more for making us proud by saying invaluable guide from Nepal Eco adventure. To give answer to your each and every curiosities is our work, and hence our team is dedicated team. We are please to hear that you have got wonderful time in Nepal with us.

Yeah while planning holiday in overseas everybody expect to get alert with all the possibilities, and we help our client in this case by giving answer to their each and every quires. Not just through the mail, but also through Skype and phone calls. Its our pleasure to help you with truth about the condition and geology.

Really appreciate you for stating about lenting of phone, yeah we do our beest to serve our guest/client as this is our work and we are dedicated to these works. Our whole team is dedicated to help you, assist your every step while you are in Nepal with us and fulfill your demands as soon as possible.

Thanking to your huge valued words in trip Advisor, we hope of serving you again in Nepal. And for sure the next time with your husband will be awesome holiday, and we will arrange better trip for you again.

See you again.

Team Nepal Eco Adventure
New York City, New York
“Trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hi, my review is long, but I hope you’ll agree, worth the read. Chhatra at Nepal Eco Adventure was my guide for an unforgettable 23 day trek, last March, from Giri to Gokyo, Cho La Pass and finally onto Everest Base Camp, then back to Lukla for our flight back to Katmandu. On arrival, I was greeted at Katmandu airport with a friendly face and reassurance that Chhatra would look after me while in Nepal. We had previously been in contact by mail and I’d felt I knew him before we had meet from his mail correspondence. Chhatra organized the accommodations in Katmandu, as well as each night along the trek, all the necessary visas into the parks etc. I had a fairly rough idea of where I wanted to visit along the trek, before reaching the main goal of Everest Base Camp as the highlight. I had a few last minute supplies to pick up before the trek and Chhatra was very helpful taking me around Katmandu to pick these up as well as a tour of Katmandu’s main attractions the day I arrived and more attractions following the 23 day trek. Day 1 comprised of an 8 hour mini-bus twisty ride to Giri. It was a good experience, enjoying the local daily on-goings as well as providing an intro to Nepalese life, while providing a buildup to starting the trek. Along the trek, Chhatra was very informative of the surrounding village’s main attractions, local mountains etc. and any local info that was worth mentioning. I did have a porter and felt a little guilty at times, but Chhatra reassured me that I was providing employment in the area.
We stopped off at Chhatra’s parent’s village for a night to meet up with his family and see the various local projects, which Chhatra helped secure the financial backing for and helped with securing local labor, providing jobs for the local community. One of the many projects in his village was a new school, built from the financial help of a Scottish group which Chhatra guides on a frequent basis over the years. I have to say that Chhatra is a friend that’ll watch your back, tend to your every need and provide the upmost service that you require on a once in a lifetime trip, that you won’t forget. If you want to experience Nepal at its best from a trekker’s point of view, I’d highly recommended starting your trek from Giri, if you can afford the time. It’s also a great way to acclimatize your body to the altitude. This is similar to the route that Sir. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay took while on their way to conquer Mt. Everest, so you’ll be walking the route that’s been part of history for the past 60 plus years.
For the first week of the trek, I only saw/met a handful of trekkers. It wasn’t until we joined the main route to EBC, that within the first hour, I’d saw at least 100 tourist trekkers. Starting the trek from Jiri gave me more of an appreciation of the Nepalese locals and scenery, away from any tourists. A majority of the trekkers are in the 50 – 70 year range. This must be due to the fact, that this type of trek is a once in a life time trek for them, or on their so called bucket list. You’ll notice a majority of them won’t make it all the way to EBC, due to altitude sickness. The route can vary from, normal hill walking to steep hill trekking. We passed by the famous Gokyo lakes and climbed the 5,000 plus meter Gokyo RI mountain peak the following day for a fantastic view of Mt. Everest and local glacier. The only deviation from the trek was that we could not trek over the Cho-La-Pass due to heavy snow blocking the route. This wasn’t an issue, we just took an alternate route and kept on schedule. The alternate route was just as impressive. I was glad that Chhatra kept my safety in mind.
You can build in rest days, which is recommended, not only for rest, but to visit local sites while acclimatizing. Chhatra will help you tailor your trek to your liking and time constraints, but you can’t predict the weather at times, but Chhatra kept us on schedule. My trek started on Feb 28th 2013, for 23 days and had no major issues with the weather apart from the odd rain and snow shower. The trek is very manageable, but you do need to be fit. The Giri-Gokyo-Cho La Pass and finally Everest Base Camp trek will guarantee you fantastic and unforgettable views along the way, especially of the mountain peaks the higher you get. The snow covered hills and mountains can be surreal at times, with Everest and surrounding mountain reaching up to 8,000 meters. As soon as we reached our daily destination, Chhatra was on the case of organizing my room for the night. Before he and the porter got their room, I’d have my bags in my room and the low down on the t-house, regarding the shower and meals available. All you need to do for the night is pick a good book and put your feet up, chat and plan your next day’s route.
When my wife came to visit me following the EBC trek, I booked a separate trek, again through Nepal Eco Adventures, with Chhatra and the porter to Phoonhill, to witness an unforgettable sunrise. She was feeling a bit under the weather at the time, but Chhatra stayed by her side for the duration of the 3 day trek. No matter how long the trek took, Chhatra stayed with her and treated her with the utmost respect, which we are very grateful.
Chhatra and his guides will help you sculpt the trek you’ve always dreamed of, focusing on your schedule and objectives from your bucket list trek. He’s a very trustworthy guide and companion. He speaks fluent English and is very knowledgeable of the routes and locals along the way. You’ll enjoy amazing hikes each day, where you can get into in-depth conversations with Chhatra or he’ll leave you walk away, while you listen to your favorite tunes or eBooks.
There’re plenty of trekking companies out there, but I can’t recommend Chhatra and Nepal Eco Adventure Ltd highly enough to book your next trip with. His rates are very competitive, but companionship, trust and most of all an unbelievable guide, which is priceless away from home. I hope you book your next trip with Chhatra’s company and have the unforgettable trip as I did.
All the best,
Pat.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank pat_mcauliffe
Nepal Eco Adven... P, Public Relations Manager at Nepal Eco Adventure, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Namaste From Nepal,

Our team is heartily thankful for your this beautiful and informative review in this platform. Your title of the review itself is really inspiring for peoples, thanks for title as well. You have given a story of a traveler here in this review, each and every steps of the days and hours, this makes huge sense for our company.

You talked about the porter trekking guide and their co-operation with you during your trekking and tour. We are really happy to listen such beautiful criticism about the company. Review like yours are making us proud and more proud among travel agency in Nepal.

You have written about our school project and home stay at village as well, yeah this is our concern that our clients can get more and more chance to explore the culture and tradition of our place. So we generate the itinerary as per your need and demand, relatively suitable for your life style too.

Thanks for your long and detailed review on this platform.

Handful of thanks for recommending Nepal Eco Adventure for Nepal Holiday.

Kind Regards,
Team Nepal Eco Adventure.