Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Adventure Thirdpole Treks tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Adventure Thirdpole Treks
from $1,908.67
More Info
All reviews anyone's control heavy load beautiful memories lo manthang day trek cultural tour went the extra mile amazing country the entire trip upper mustang farewell dinner an amazing guide monsoon season wonderful trip his knowledge took great care every step of the way
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For the third time in three years, I took a 4WD tour of Upper Mustang with Adventure Thirdpole Treks. This tour was to attend the Tiji Festival in Lo Manthang. Based upon my previous experiences, I had recommended that my well traveled friend accompany me. I was confident that he would be satisfied with Adventure Thirdpole Treks services and most importantly - performance.

My confidence and trust were once again rewarded as well as justified. As happens in tours to the isolated and under-developed region of Upper Mustang, challenges beyond anyone's control happen. Our guide, Raj, kept us informed at all times of issues. We were informed of possible solutions and were involved in making the final decision on how to adapt to the changing condition. Raj had everything under control so we never felt any anxiety. In the end the challenges only added to our adventure and in no way took away from our enjoyment of the tour. Raj took very good care of shepherding us through airports, checkpoints, and other confusing situations.

Although this was my third tour, Adventure Thirdpole Treks was still able to make this a unique experience for me. We visited some new places and stayed at a couple different guesthouses.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a day trip booked in pokhara to explore the city, raj (our guide) was fantastic and kind, he took us out for a lovely local dinner a few nights before our day trip to introduce himself, we met him again in pokhara for our tour, his English was fantastic and he was very knowledgeable. We had some issues with a different tour company and raj went above and beyond to help us rearrange our trip and find an alternative. He was a genuine, lovely person and on our next visit we will need to look no further than third poll trek.

Date of experience: March 2019
Rajendra Man D, Owner at Adventure Thirdpole Treks, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you Bianca L for your kind words!

Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful time with Raj! He made our time and tour in Pokhara excellent. He even met with us and hosted us to dinner in Kathmandu. He went above and beyond what we would have expected. I would highly recommend using them for any tour, even if not listed, ask and I'm sure they can make it happen.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Aleks L
Rajendra Man D, Manager at Adventure Thirdpole Treks, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Dear Aleks L, Thank you so very much for your kind words!

Reviewed November 21, 2018

We spent several days in Kathmandu and travels to the east and north.
Deepak arranged jeep for travel from Kathmandu to Bhaktapur and Dhulikhel, and then from Dhulikhel to Melamchi. Excellent drivers and so nice to have transportation taken care of. From Melamchi we went to Raithane and Deepak had a jeep ready for our return trip to Kathmandu which was seamless.

Excellent planning and all around great experience. Deepak is a wealth of information both locally ("raithane!") and beyond and a very kind and welcoming soul!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

I must thank Adventure Third Pole Trak for organizing such a wonderful trip for me to photograph Nepal’s hidden jewels towards the unbeaten path away from the norm and into the hidden. And to top it off the experience of having to feel and touch the true Nepalese traditions in a homestay has firmly brought my feet to the ground.

Travel is not only to see touristic places, a true traveler needs to explore deeper, to hear the silent flutters of humanity that a country offers, and that said, Third Pole Trak has successfully made it happen.

Many thanks to Third Pole Trak for an experience that goes beyond the norm, and I fully recommend any traveler to engage them for their travel needs, be it in a bustling city or the hidden gem of a traditional village that makes you want to get away from your city life more and more.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Where do I even begin about Thirdpole?
Have you ever felt at home when you're not exactly at home?
At peace at thee most unexpected place. Well, Thirdpole brought us there.

LANTANG TREK AND GOSAINKUNDA PASS

Langtang offered a more unpopulated and cultural significance. We were so glad that we picked this trek. After having pass the jungle part of it all, the mountain and valleys were breath-taking. The trek is definitely not as easy and the internet says, but manageable. Hence having a good team of porters and guide is very important. The view up in Kyanjin-Ri was just no less than perfect. The steep incline up from Kyanjin-Gompa is definitely worth it. During our trek we managed to do a little cultural tour to a traditional nepali house. It was definitely the highlight of my trip. The hospitality and love from these people were just so heartwarming. We got to try yak milk and boiled potatoes with masala dip, they tasted so good. Langtang is definitely underrated and a must on the Nepal’s trek list.
The Gosainkunda pass was an enlightening one. The hard pass was so beautiful. The endless picturesque lakes within the pass and the challenge of it all just took our breath away. Literally might I add. Haha. The views of the pass definitely has jaw dropping sights throughout which is why this pass is highly recommended.

THIRDPOLE STAFF

Adarsha Mahat
Adars is an exceptional individual, both as a guide and a friend. We couldn’t have ended up with a better guide. His knowledge on Nepal’s mountain ranges, Nepal’s geographical facts and cultural history are impeccable. In between walks he would generously share his knowledge on whichever location we were at, and they were often! Adars’s mantra for trekking was simple, ‘Don’t think about the whole trek, just take it day by day’. Hence this made us worry less, making us enjoy the trek a whole lot more. Words could never justify the bond we made with adars, it was just so pure, fun and understanding. To top it off, he was still amazingly the responsible, diligent and professional guide he is.

Tara Bahadur Tamang and Ram Bahadur Tamang
Tara’s character oozes out the fun fatherly figure. It was never a bore with Tara walking behind you. Despite his limited English linguistic abilities, communication was a breeze with him. His encouragement and keen eye for your safety are admirable qualities. He often lulls the traditional nepali folk song while trek with such heavy load on him, astonishing.
Ram is no stranger to us as this was our second trek with him. Ram’s playful character uplifted our spirits mid treks. He was also very accommodating and helpful to our needs.

Date of experience: October 2018