Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Adventure Thirdpole Treks tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Adventure Thirdpole Treks
from $1,908.67
More Info
All reviews anyone's control heavy load beautiful memories lo manthang day trek cultural tour went the extra mile amazing country the entire trip upper mustang farewell dinner an amazing guide monsoon season wonderful trip his knowledge took great care every step of the way
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

I must thank Adventure Third Pole Trak for organizing such a wonderful trip for me to photograph Nepal’s hidden jewels towards the unbeaten path away from the norm and into the hidden. And to top it off the experience of having to feel and touch the true Nepalese traditions in a homestay has firmly brought my feet to the ground.

Travel is not only to see touristic places, a true traveler needs to explore deeper, to hear the silent flutters of humanity that a country offers, and that said, Third Pole Trak has successfully made it happen.

Many thanks to Third Pole Trak for an experience that goes beyond the norm, and I fully recommend any traveler to engage them for their travel needs, be it in a bustling city or the hidden gem of a traditional village that makes you want to get away from your city life more and more.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Where do I even begin about Thirdpole?
Have you ever felt at home when you're not exactly at home?
At peace at thee most unexpected place. Well, Thirdpole brought us there.

LANTANG TREK AND GOSAINKUNDA PASS

Langtang offered a more unpopulated and cultural significance. We were so glad that we picked this trek. After having pass the jungle part of it all, the mountain and valleys were breath-taking. The trek is definitely not as easy and the internet says, but manageable. Hence having a good team of porters and guide is very important. The view up in Kyanjin-Ri was just no less than perfect. The steep incline up from Kyanjin-Gompa is definitely worth it. During our trek we managed to do a little cultural tour to a traditional nepali house. It was definitely the highlight of my trip. The hospitality and love from these people were just so heartwarming. We got to try yak milk and boiled potatoes with masala dip, they tasted so good. Langtang is definitely underrated and a must on the Nepal’s trek list.
The Gosainkunda pass was an enlightening one. The hard pass was so beautiful. The endless picturesque lakes within the pass and the challenge of it all just took our breath away. Literally might I add. Haha. The views of the pass definitely has jaw dropping sights throughout which is why this pass is highly recommended.

THIRDPOLE STAFF

Adarsha Mahat
Adars is an exceptional individual, both as a guide and a friend. We couldn’t have ended up with a better guide. His knowledge on Nepal’s mountain ranges, Nepal’s geographical facts and cultural history are impeccable. In between walks he would generously share his knowledge on whichever location we were at, and they were often! Adars’s mantra for trekking was simple, ‘Don’t think about the whole trek, just take it day by day’. Hence this made us worry less, making us enjoy the trek a whole lot more. Words could never justify the bond we made with adars, it was just so pure, fun and understanding. To top it off, he was still amazingly the responsible, diligent and professional guide he is.

Tara Bahadur Tamang and Ram Bahadur Tamang
Tara’s character oozes out the fun fatherly figure. It was never a bore with Tara walking behind you. Despite his limited English linguistic abilities, communication was a breeze with him. His encouragement and keen eye for your safety are admirable qualities. He often lulls the traditional nepali folk song while trek with such heavy load on him, astonishing.
Ram is no stranger to us as this was our second trek with him. Ram’s playful character uplifted our spirits mid treks. He was also very accommodating and helpful to our needs.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank nuramalinab1
Reviewed October 24, 2018

I toured Upper Mustang in Oct/Nov 2017 with a group organized by a third party with Adventure Thirdpole Treks doing all the logistics. Based upon my experience on that tour, I contacted Thirdpole for a tour this year for just my wife and me to attend the Yartung Festival in Lo Manthang. My faith and confidence in Adventure Thirdpole Treks was rewarded and affirmed. First of all dealing directly with them was significantly cheaper. Since we were traveling in the monsoon season we were warned about the possibility of travel difficulties and of the potential cost impact if those difficulties were encountered. Well there were difficulties - cancelled flights due to weather, impassable sections for vehicles at certain sections of roads, and schedule difficulties. The bottom line - we had a great trip and Adventure Thirdpole Treks did a commendable job of fixing all the issues and problems (however not the weather or the roads - LOL). They kept us informed of all possible problems, alternatives, and potential cost impacts of all alternatives. When traveling to remote areas such as Upper Mustang, there will be situations that develop beyond anyone's control. I expect to be informed of the situation, possible alternatives to resolve the situations, and to be part of the decision on how to resolve the issue. Adventure Thirdpole Treks performed admirably and met all my expectations. Our guide, Raj, made countless calls back to Kathmandu to ensure that we always had adequate transportation and lodging despite what obstacles we encountered. For me that type of performance defines a great tour company - the ability to adapt,and perform to deliver to their clients. Another plus, was that I was never worried or stressed by changing conditions and situations because Raj and Thirdpole were always on top of things. We arrived in Lo Manthang on schedule and enjoyed our tour greatly. Our experience was so good that I will use them again for a return personal tour in the Spring.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Allen H
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Adventure Thirdpole Trek’s service was remarkable, hence, my friends and I decided to trek with them again this year. We did a 12 days Langtang – Gosaikunda Trek this time round. Though the trek can be pretty challenging at times, I’m glad we had a strong team.

I’m thankful that we had an amazing guide; Adarsha Mahat – the best guide anyone could ask for. Not only is he knowledgeable, responsible, funny & also caring. His knowledge of the trek is impeccable, he imparted a great deal of knowledge about the trek & Nepal’s culture to us. He sets the pace well & constantly motivates us. At times, he will crack some jokes to lighten our mood when the trek get tough. I vividly remembered how he took care of me when I was battling with terrible AMS. Most importantly, he was very accommodating to our impromptu change of plan so that we can have an extra day to explore Kathmandu.

Not forgetting about our mountain mafias (porters); Tara Bahadur Tamang & Ram Bahadur Tamang. Both of them made a great pair. Even though they’re friendly and amiable, yet, they’re as fit as a bull. It wasn’t easy to carry our heavy load of bags & constantly having to serve us food and drinks during meal time after a tiring trek. I’m impressed at how much pride they took in their work & went the extra mile for us even though they didn’t have to.

I’m sincerely grateful for Mr Deepak to invite us over for a farewell dinner at a local wedding, it was indeed an eye-opening experience for us & Adarsha, for allowing us to pay a quick visit to the local’s house/village.

Thank you Adventure Thirdpole Trek for treating us like a family & for all the beautiful memories. We genuinely appreciate your marvelous hospitality & soaking us into Nepal’s culture! Highly recommend Adventure Thirdpole Treks to everyone out that!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Adeline_Wee
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

It is hard to explain with words. The people I met in Nepal were so wonderful. Raj and Jaya are the two most awesome men. They are always so nice and positive, no matter the situation. I would go back to Nepal with the group I went with in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: July 2018
Rajendra Man D, Owner at Adventure Thirdpole Treks, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you Max for your kind words!

Raj