“Home away from Home - Where the Heart Is"”
Review of Fuji Hotel

Fuji Hotel
Ranked #49 of 452 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I am forever grateful to the owner Mr. Pradeep Pakhrin and the general manager, Mr. Laxman of the Fuji Hotel. During my time in Nepal, I was robbed. Pradeep provided me not only with tremendous comfort but also provided me with genuine concern. From the goodness of his heart he gave me free board, provided meals, and transportation, acted as an interpreter, went to the police station with me, made sure I saw the highlights of Nepal, let me use his phone, and insisted I take money so I could get back home to my family. He asked for nothing in return. Pradeep considers each guest family. He takes time to meet and chat with everyone. Now that I am home, my heart is definitely at the Fuji Hotel, The glory of Everest pales to the generosity of this wonderful man. Janet from NY

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and the hotel is nestled between other hotels and shops. Best to get a room on...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet M
There are newer reviews for Fuji Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Because this hotel is located on a back street just off the main road it is a perfect location in Thamel. Its away from all the noise but bang in the heart of the excitement. I was on a budget after volunteering for 2 months in a village outside Kathmandu but I wanted to treat myself for a day or two before leaving. I got exactly what I hoped for! A very clean, bright and comfortable room, which had an exceptionally clean bathroom! The hotel itself is clean, has a resturant, free wifi and garden seating area. There's also a book shelf on the lower floor and a big scale for measuring suitcases which are both pretty handy. I would 100% recommed this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2011

After days of cross country travel, I finally arrived in the middle of the evening. They allowed me to check-in early w/ no hassle. I had just returned from Northern India and Southern Nepal and Kathmandu was the resting point before venturing off to Tibet. Since I was planning to do a lot of hiking, the Fuji Hotel stored all my unnecessary baggage until I returned at no cost. Location is perfect w/ 24hr security. They honored any special requests including scheduled transportation and always offered much helpful info. Many great restaurants just walking distance. At breakfast, the owner would sit and say hello. He always made sure that our stay was absolutely comforting...A Wonderful Place!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank HMS71
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed at Fuji Hotel as part of our GAP Adventures trip. My girlfriend and I also booked an extra two nights. We were impressed with this hotel. The service was good, our room (5th floor) was excellent and the location can't be beat. Breakfast at the hotel is decent and well priced. If you're looking for friendly, clean and reasonably priced accommodations in central Kathmandu, Fuji Hotel is the place.

Room Tip: The two rooms on the fifth floor are best.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rondirection
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Traveled back to Kathmandu and am staying at my most favorite spot. The Staff make it special and I am always so comfy here---thanx!!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This hotel is an average budget hotel. However, the breakfast at the restaurant is the worst I've ever had. The breakfast included with our room was eggs any way. No matter how we tried to ask for our eggs to be well done, they came back runny every time. Even my husband who likes his eggs to be on the moist side found it to be too undercooked. I had to send my eggs back three times to get them cooked 'hard'. Every type of egg I ordered was the same way- horribly undercooked. And they were accompanied by toast and tea.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mandk1010
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Fuji Gueshouse was a haven after our first hotel in Thanel, which was a total Dive. Fuji was clean, comfortable, and at half the price of the other place. The staff was efficient and friendly. The rooms were simple but tidy. They were is good shape and didn't have the general shabbiness that is the standard in Kathmandu. The shared bath was cleaned daily and also in good condition. The water was hot and consistent. The wifi was available as promised. They even had computers available for guests to use. The hotel is located on a side street in Thamel, so that road traffic is at a minimum and there is little or no noise and NO TOUTS!! The rooms on the north side can be a little chilly in the winter months, but there are plenty of clean blankets available to keep you warm!

We stayed here twice during our time in Nepal and recommended it to others while we were there. Everyone who stayed there agreed that it was great value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple