All reviewsinfinity poolaustralian embassyrooftop barexcellent facilitiesexcellent hotela short taxi ridemy home away from homering roadtop floorfront officerestaurant staffbreakfast spreadindian foodbusy kathmanduclean hotelcouple of nightscomfortable stay
Reviewed September 21, 2017

I stayed in this Hotel and in KTM its an oasis !

Having to spend a few days in some really bad hotels this was like heaven on earth, staff are brilliant and efficient, food was great, Western food and the roof top bar and pool made the stay feel like I was in a normal country!
If I am ever unfortunate to have to got to Kathmandu again I will insist I stay in this place! t

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Namaste,

I was so pleased to read your excellent review on your first stay with us here at Shambala Hotel.

It fills me with great joy to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much and you found my team to be the most attentive and helpful.

Rest assured that I will be sharing your kind words and comments to the whole of the team and they will be just as thrilled to learn that you had such a great experience with us.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Kathmandu.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2017

In a quiet location, away from hustle and bustle. Nice staff, very good food, nice, comfortable and mostly very clean rooms...Kathmandu view from hotels roof is amazing! Oh, and the pool on the roof is a winner!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Greetings from Shambala Hotel Kathmandu!!
Thank you for taking your time to review us here in Trip-advisor. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and you are so right about rooftop infinity pool; it's absolutely stunning & the view loved by all. We will definitely look forward to seeing back on your next visit.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Hotel with infinity pool and beautiful view of mountains if the weather is clear. Located in the central place. Although Kathmandu doesn't offer much for tourist, as the ancient temples are not in a good condition due to effect of earthquake (2015) and worst conditions of roads and traffic jams, so enjoyed most of the time in hotel.
The hotel staff is very welcoming. Spend 4 nights in the hotel. Hotel restaurant serves delicious food. The hotel didn't provide us Pick and drop service but they do hired a cab for us at best price. While checkout cabs were not available near by, so they dropped us to the airport by their own tourist cab. Overall it was a good experience to stay at Shambala

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Spent 5 nights there and it was a great place for us to stay and visit. The staff are excellent, the place, clean safe and of high quality. The food was delicious and we felt very comfortable and happy to be there after visiting around Kathmandu for the day. The pool on the roof an added luxury.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Reviewed August 19, 2017

This hotel is near the airport which is a plus especially since my flights were at odd hours, arriving close to midnight and leaving close to midnight as well. I really do appreciate how accommodating the hotel was in acceding to my request for a very late check out at 6 pm - the very latest check out I had. The staff are very nice. My booking had free breakfast which gave me a good idea of Nepalese food. The wifi was surprisingly very fast. And the room was nicely appointed and very clean. I didn't bother to go out at night and opted to order room service all the time, which did not disappoint. What also did not disappoint was the infinity pool at the rooftop, which provided a good view of the city. Overall, I would recommend this hotel because it is very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Namaste,
Greetings from Shambala Hotel, Kathmandu!

Thank you for taking time to share your reviews with us here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed our rooms and were well looked after by our team during your stay with us. Your kind words will be shared with our team members and it will definitely motivate us to strive even harder to ensure you have an unforgettable experience with us in the future.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Kathmandu.

Kind regards,