$117
$95
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$22
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $25/night.

$56
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

Dwarika's Hotel(Kathmandu)
$240
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $291/night.

Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
$130
$49
$31
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $43/night.

Travelocity
All reviewsinfinity poolaustralian embassyrooftop barexcellent facilitiesexcellent hotela short taxi ridemy home away from homering roadtop floorfront officerestaurant staffindian foodcomfortable hotelcouple of nightsbuffet breakfastcomfortable staykathmandu valley
Reviewed August 19, 2017

This hotel is near the airport which is a plus especially since my flights were at odd hours, arriving close to midnight and leaving close to midnight as well. I really do appreciate how accommodating the hotel was in acceding to my request for a very late check out at 6 pm - the very latest check out I had. The staff are very nice. My booking had free breakfast which gave me a good idea of Nepalese food. The wifi was surprisingly very fast. And the room was nicely appointed and very clean. I didn't bother to go out at night and opted to order room service all the time, which did not disappoint. What also did not disappoint was the infinity pool at the rooftop, which provided a good view of the city. Overall, I would recommend this hotel because it is very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Namaste,
Greetings from Shambala Hotel, Kathmandu!

Thank you for taking time to share your reviews with us here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed our rooms and were well looked after by our team during your stay with us. Your kind words will be shared with our team members and it will definitely motivate us to strive even harder to ensure you have an unforgettable experience with us in the future.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Kathmandu.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Plus
1. Major attraction : infinity pool at 8th floor gives u a spectacularly amazing view of the city/valley. Ur line of sight will have mountain ranges, clouds and frequently flying passenger aircrafts.. pool is just 3.5 feet deep and is not manned by a life guard which is okay if u r mature enough to handle things ..
2. Very safe area. It's an embassy area.. no nonsense crowd..
3. Cloud 9 restaurant: pool side restaurant with perfect picturesque to spend ur evening with loved ones. U can talk ur heart out at this place with the only distraction being beauty of nature..
4. Clean and hygienic rooms. Rooms at 6th and 7th floor gives amazing view..
5. Breakfast menu though limited and short but yummy
6. Nearest casinos: hotel shangrila and hotel radisson (not that great)
7. Service staff is really nice n smiling people

Minus
1. The staff at reception. They are not problem solving people and understand the situation of a customer. Every hotel gives complimentary pick and drop from airport. But they refused as it was not mentioned at the time of booking. Since the booking was done on phone. I had no record to prove. But isn't it obvious and they should confirm or re-confirm about the drop. On notifying that I do need. All u got is U haven't informed in advance. I m telling u a day before my check out, isn't it an advance. If u ask to talk to their superiors the response u get is we cannot call them at this hour (8p.m).. trust me 8.. then comes the relationship manager . She heard the story all again n asked to provide but we have to pay from our pocket for the drop. If I had to pay then wt is point of asking u guys. I ll step out of the hotel gate .. stop a cab n go to airport. After a long debates and an hour long waiting they decided to finally give a complimentary drop.

Word of wise : do mention explicitly in writing that u need one. Else u might land up in the same situation.
Now I m confused to give the rating..

All well that ends well
Happy travelling

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank PrateekGulati

Namaste,

Thank you for your preference and for reviewing your Shambala Hotel experience.

Whilst we are glad to read your positive comments, it is disappointing to know that some areas of your visit fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused and rest assured that your valuable comments were brought up to the teams concerned for their necessary actions.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the heart of Kathmandu!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We stayed 4 nights while on tour. The lobby had plenty of seating for hanging out, the rooms were spacious and very clean. We did ask for a second luggage rack and it came quickly. While we were there men were digging up the road to put in water pipes, they worked through the night and amazingly the work was completed by morning and traffic was back to normal. While I am not a fan of Indian food they did have a menue to order. Also, a short walk next to the mall was a small restaurant on the second floor that made banana splits. All the servers were deaf and did a fine job.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzette60

Namaste,

Thank you for your charming review. We are most grateful of you taking the time to share your experience of Shambala Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I am delighted to read that you were comfortable, enjoyed your stay and look forward to returning to the hotel in the future.

I hope to welcome you back to the Shambala Hotel in the near future, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

taking in consideration that you are in kathmandu where is number of good hotels are limited i will consider this hotel is very reasonable rooms are ok although those who are not facing the sun may smell bad from humidity so you have to be selective room in general spacious ,clean and may have bath or shower food is ok comparing with other places location is good in terms of near shopping places but the pollution is very high in this areia so you have to be careful although pollution are everywhere in kathmandu staff are ok if they avoid asking questions about the guest and the reason for his visit

Room Tip: any room facing the sun
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Namaste Mr. Saleh,

Greetings from Shambala Hotel, Kathmandu!

I was so pleased to read your review on your recent stay here at Shambala Hotel.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip at Shambala Hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I stayed at Shambala for a week, and their high standard of hospitality did not cease to impress me. The hotel is spotlessly clean, very spacious rooms, very professional staff, and good food. Hot water and electricity around the clock. The pool on the rooftop is of course a wonderful perk, with beautiful sunsets daily. I stayed for work and used their conference facilities. We were followed up very closely by the hotel staff, and all the technical equipment worked as it should.
The only slight drawback of the hotel is the location, as you need a taxi to get to the city center. If you skip the taxis right outside the hotel, the rates drop significantly.
I absolutely recommend Shambala and cannot imagine styaing anywhere else in Kathmandu after discovering this top notch hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
SunjoyG, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Namaste Ms. Betty,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you found my staffs outstanding. I do have a great team who are all very passionate about delivering only the very best service at all times to ensure all guests feel special and at home.
Once again, thank you for leaving such wonderful review about your stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Shambala Hotel in the near future.