“Good service and food”

Newa Momo Restaurant P. Ltd.
Ranked #59 of 994 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: American, European, Chinese, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Newa Momo is centrally located in the heart of Thamel. Newa Momo provides you with a range of traditional Nepali, Newari and Indian cuisines. Newa Momo is a family run business with years of experience in making authentic Nepali and Newari dishes.
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Friendly service and good food. The ginger tea without milk is really good. Had a great chat with the lady boss during dinner.

Date of visit: July 2018
NewaMomo, Manager at Newa Momo Restaurant P. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Newa Momo. We hope to see you again. Wish you the best!

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I came here for dinner after hearing it was very nice and I was not disappointed!! The food was delicious and freshly prepared - there was a small wait time but this is to be expected. The family who run the restaurant are very friendly and offer a cooking course so obviously I enrolled for a few days later. The cooking class was lots of fun and I feel like I learnt a lot, I have a new found appreciation for momos as it took me multiple attempts to shape them and still no luck. Wonderful teacher and hospitality - I will be back next time I'm in Kathmandu!

Date of visit: June 2018

So great to hear from you, Hayley. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you soon too. Best wishes from Newa Momo family.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Was glad for the last reviewer to mention Rosemary’s Cafe - much easier to find the alley as there is a sewer excavation right in front of the alley.

The owners are really lovely. We had potato cheese momo that had a little curry or some spice mixed in that was delicious - fried is best. We also had the chocolate fried which I think is Nutella - I enjoyed those as well - more doughy than the savory.

Lastly we had the buff chili and liked it as well - the buff is well done but kind of crispy, well stir fried onion and green pepper (capsicum), and the owner added some hot peppers to spice it up at our request. Heat wasn’t over the top. Our food had been lacking salt in our recent travels and this dish came through for us.

Date of visit: June 2018

We are so happy that you managed to find us. We are glad that our food could meet your expectations. We hope to see you again. Thank you for taking your time to write a review for us. God bless.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Hard to find small family Resturant, but worth the search! Tip: turn right into the alley just after the Rosemary Cafe & Kitchen.
I had the spinach and cheese momo’s, they were absolutely delicious! The prices are super cheap, it’s hard to beat!
The best momo’s I had tasted on my whole trip in Nepal.

1  Thank L4343OYvictoriam

Thank you for the lovely feedback and also for the recommendation. We are so glad that you love our momos. Please do come again. And continue to spread the word to others. Wish you a great day!

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

My Nepali friend brought us to this place for momo. It was in the ally, but we were super happy that we came. Simple menu with great momo. If you are a momo lover, you will want to come here.

Date of visit: May 2018
NewaMomo, Manager at Newa Momo Restaurant P. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thank you for the compliment, Amy! We are so happy that enjoyed your time at Newa Momo. We hope to see you again. Wish you a great day ahead!