“Good place to stay in terms of value for money and safety”

Hotel Encounter Nepal
Ranked #24 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Dubai
“Good place to stay in terms of value for money and safety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

It was a good trip, and we all really enjoyed our stay in Encounter Nepal and the arrangements Mr Sujan made for us during our stay was excellent. Thanks to Sujan and his team. Also, extend my thanks to his Boss and his family.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank fgfdgdfg
EncounterNepal, owner at Hotel Encounter Nepal, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us and visiting Nepal, you have such a great family and specially your children are cute. As you know our place is not high endfacilities but trying to possess the nepalies cultures and hospitatlity. From your suggestive suggestions and comments it always keep us higher and higher.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

I found this hotel ideally located for my four day trip to Kathmandu from Dubai. I could walk to all my preferred destinations such as pubs, museum and the local shops.
The hotel staff were superb and responded to my every need and even cooked my breakfast eggs and bacon to my receipe. Sajun, the front desk manager, sat down with me after I had breakfast and gave me ideas where to visit and also assisted me with plans and visa for my next trip which is to Tibet.
The staff confirmed my return flight to Dubai and provided transport for me to the airport.
I am a budget traveller, next time I go to Nepal (March 2011) I will be staying with my friends at the Encounter Hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Jackleaskull
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

First encounter with the hotel in 2003 ther after we have been back 4 times. This will without doubt asy how much we love the place. As we approach the hotel from the main road it doen't give you any impression about the place. Once you enter the court ward...the whole feeling changes.You are like in a different world, peaceful, quiet and very warm welcoming with the beautiful colourful flower court yard.You will be feeling very well at home.
This place is wonderful, lovely and friendly staffs, helpful and they make you feel at home.The service is excellant, room are spacious and clean.It is only a stone throw away from Thamel where all the shopping are located.
The dinning room provide a good 3 square meals and they are reasonable in price.There is also a trekking service where they can organise wahtever activities you want to do in Kathmandu.
With all that above where else you want to stay i Kathmandu but to be Home Away From Home.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kai L
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

we arrived one evening and immediately felt at home. The fire and the staff were very welcoming. Our room had everything we needed and great views of the city. Very convenient for restaurants and shops. The hotel provided lots of information on local tourist attractions and maps of how to get there. Day trips and the treks could be booked from the hotel as well as international ticket bookings.

My kids had the time of their life and didn't want to leave. we all made friends and met other travellers we have stayed in touch with since. we will definitely go back in the future.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Dotlot
EncounterNepal, Owner at Hotel Encounter Nepal, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your experince review of Hotel Encounter Nepal. As a owner of this property, I am honor to you and your family who has given this oppertunity to share your experince with us. Yes! nothing is 100% perfect this world, but we continuously upgreading services, hospitality, aminities and infact the way our clients feel " Home Away From Home". We want to give you the best value for what you paid and Nealese Hospitalies with personalised service, this is only possible through your suggestive comments and suggestion. Thank you agian and I look forward to see your friends, family and fellow travellers who are willing to Visit this This Himalaya Country of Nepal. Thank you. SP
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have stayed there in 2003 and in 2009 and I really like it. The location is great, just outside of Thamel. Easy to go out for food, to the bars, go shopping and when you are done, you come back to the inner garden and the craziness of Thamel is just gone... Super friendly staff and easy to meet fellow travelers there. Not fancy but good value. The restaurant is pretty good too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank AlbertaCat
Dubai ( I am working in Dubai)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

I booked the hotel when i saw the website, i didn't know anythings before i arrive at the hotel, finally i found that this was the best hotel in kathmandu and staff was very friendly and helpful.

This is only 4 minutes walking distance upto the centre of the Thamel. If you wanna visit Nepal and looking for the nice hotel, do't go anywhere else and stay at Hotel Encounter.

They always try to make you happy eventhogh you are tired.

So finally don't stay elsewhere except Encounter. The most important thing is that it;s quiet palce to stay with a nice Garden has different flowers

joealapatt@rediffmail.com

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank SanthoshLivingDubai
Shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

very nice staffs, the location is good, it's just a street accross Thamel. It's much more quiet than staying in the center of Thamel, but still very convenient to every sights. The hotel also can help you to arrange the whole trip. The drivers and guides are very nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends