Hotel Encounter Nepal
Agoda.com
$27
$22
  • Restaurant
Shree Tibet Family Guest House(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
$11
$9
$101
$98
$64
HotelQuickly
1,055 results
All reviewskathmandu grillhot waterrecommend this hotelbeautiful gardenthe hotel managergarden restauranttravel deskgreat place to stayspecial thanksrooms are cleansecond homehome away from homevisit kathmanduthe hustle and bustlethamel areamrnepal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I love this hotel due to its facilities and services provided. Lovely and friendly staffs. the garden restaurant with good food for morning breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really quite place for relax. We have stay week its wounderful experience. Thanks Pramod for everything.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Carmen L
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Well, due to the fact that there just aren't that many decent budget hotels in Kathmandu, my girlfriend and I stayed here for all the days we were in the capital, totalling to about a week all together.
The Good: The beds are big, the rooms are clean, there is TV with English, the prices are cheap(if you book beforehand...otherwise they will try to rip you off. We went there for the second time after we got back from trekking and they tried to charge us 40 dollars a night instead of the 24 like earlier, and it took about ten minutes of back-and-forth before they agreed to those prices again.
The Bad: The staff is impudent and there is a real sense of falsity to everything they say and do. I was at a few other hotels while in Kathmandu, visiting and whatnot, and didn't notice this in other places. Furthermore, the kitchen closes so early that you are just out of luck if you get hungry after 9.30 pm. We spend New Year's Eve there, and I couldn't even get a pot of Nepali Tea at 10.00pm, and whenever I asked for anything they give you a look like: "What business is it of theirs?".
The Ugly: On the last morning I had breakfast before leaving for the airport, and I don't know if this was a special going away present or an accident, or what, but I got food poisoning and spent the rest of my day travelling in, shall we say, abdominal discomfort.
All in all, beggars can't be choosers, but I don't think we'll give this place another try.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don020
EncounterNepal, General Manager at Hotel Encounter Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Dear Guests,

First of all thank you so much for your stay with us at Hotel Encounter, we highly consider all the note you have written on the review however some are conditional that rates will flactuate on the basis of demand and supply, so the prices will be varies every day and week, please understand. The restaurent will accept the last order by 9.30 pm, inspecial case we might consider if you speak at the front desk.

We always maintain the higine on food preparation, all vegetable and foods are always fresh, we use allways ISO certified drinking water the AQUA 100.

I am sorry for your stomach upset after the breakfast but sometime it is the case of body reaction that our body are too acidic.

Thank you so much for your stay with us and looking forward your next stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We returned on 3 occasions during our 2 week stay in Nepal.

The place is clean, friendly and provies everything you need. For $28 a night we had a comfortable warm bed, heater, tv and hot water.

As with all of Nepal there are common black outs but the generator will give you enough power for a light in your room.

Staff here are great and tend to every need with great efficiency.
We ate western meals one night and had a breakfast which were fine, but then chose to eat at restaurants for the remainder of our trip.

• Stayed: January 2012
7  Thank MeanderingMoose14
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have traveled lots of place and stay in hotel but i found hotel encounter different because of good service and brilliant staffs who are very nice to us. The owner Pramod Gajurel is excellent personal by his commitment for providing service. i have spent 4 day before my trek 2 days and 2 days after trek.The facilities inside the hotel mean me to stay long but i need to go back my other destination. any way i hope to come back again and recommend other to visit that hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor with trace outside.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jodan S
Reviewed January 17, 2012

One of the great property lovely and Heavenly environmental Hotel in Kathmandu is hotel encounter Nepal. While we were there the hotel staffs provide the greatest of Nepal traditional experience. I have to give lots of thanks to Mr Pramod Gajurel of his good and warm respect to us for organising every activity. Kathmandu have no electricity as seem 14 hour per day but encounter provide generator service which make feel us that we are at home with good light and we are able to use our computer, listen music and watch TV. The room provided to us is very comfortable and great with beautiful view of mountain ranges. Our five nights stay never feels unconformable and it was my pleasure to appreciate for hot water, wi-fi, quite and clean room. The staffs are very sensuous for providing each and every need of guest. I found Pramod Gajurel a most gorgeous person. We have great enjoyment on Christmas and New Year 2012 in Thamel center.
I say Nepal is everyone dream place because of Natural beauty and good people. I must recommend those who will travel Kathmandu Nepal try some nights stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor Balcony Room
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple