“The people, the patio, the panoramic views- unbeatable!”

Hotel Pilgrims Pvt. Ltd.
Ranked #83 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
Bangkok, Thailand
“The people, the patio, the panoramic views- unbeatable!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed in Hotel Pilgrims for several nights with a friend of mine and we both found it to be the most accommodating and accessible spot in town. Upon arrival was given a welcome drink and a tour of the property, when I mentioned I was looking for a little more than juice to drink they quickly inquired after my preferred beverage and instructed me to head to the top deck and someone would be right up with me request. By the time I climbed the stairs all the way to the top I was stunned by the 360 degrees of unexpected beauty this backstreet gem was hiding. Within minute my new best friends was there with a delicious pinot noir (that I know for a fact he had to go out and buy) and a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. As the time passed other expats found there way to the top and we had a lovely meet and greet before all deciding to hit the town together. The hotel is situated in perfect walking distance to anything you want to see and do in Thamel. They were happy to store our bags while we went trekking and were ready to greet us with more wine and popcorn on our return. The whole experience was surprisingly delightful and I still dream of my sunrise yoga sessions and happy hour cocktails on that rooftop. Excellent value for the money. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hadera, Israel
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed at the hotel last week. The hotel is at very central and convenient location.
The best thing about the hotel is staff. They are extremely kind and helpful, and always smiling. The staff are very reliable and trustful. The rooms are comfortable, and there is 24 hours hot water. The lobby is very comfortable, fast WIFI and lovely garden on the 6th floor.
Tsippy and Tal

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kathu, South Africa
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Its wasn't first time at Nepal i have been several time at kathmandu. i was stay before at different hotel . A friend of mine he recommend at this hotel & i stay at their 2 night before my tripe to everest base camp. what i found is great location , its bit far. from the main street , charming management , loyal friendly staff them staff they always tacking care of them guest, clean & comfortable room. with amazing hot shower & amazing roof top garden restaurant where you can see whole kathmandu valley i could say its amazing place to stay at kathmandu .

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Cant speak highly of this place, fast internet, brilliant breakfast, great rooms and great view of the city on the rooftop. The staff are something else, very special group of staff, they will go out their way to help in any way. Always smiling and make you feel like a celebrity. Thanks Kapil, Shankar and staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in March 2014. We had a fantastic view from our room, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. There is a lovely rooftop garden and we spent a lot of time enjoying the sight of the city. The thing that makes this hotel stand out is the staff. Roshan who worked on the desk took the time to teach a new Nepali word every day. Sean the manager is lovely, and all the staff including the kitchen staff, the gardener and the lovely cleaning staff were friendly, kind and helpful. I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Room 603 has a fabulous view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

wonderful accommodation in kathmandu Thamel. I was in Nepal for a week holiday first week of January. I have cheek several hotel in kathmandu from my Home Canada through internet. also one of my friend recommend me Hotel pilgrims in Thamel Z- Street. when I was at Hotel pilgrims I found Excellent atmosphere. friendly staff, lobby with huge space, roof top garden. everything was amazing!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very good personnel, they helped me a lot when I need some medicine for my friend.

The rooms are clean and quiet, what else you need ;)

The location is also convenient!

Stayed here for 3 days when have my trip around Nepal.

• Stayed April 2014