“MoMos - the best in Thamel”
Review of Thamel Momo Hut

Thamel Momo Hut
Ranked #40 of 764 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Namaste-Welcome to the"Thamel Momo Hut" The place is an international standard hygienic fast-food chain with it's frist outlate ate tourist hub of Nepal,Narshing Chowk Thamel,Kathmandu with objective of serving more than 14 varieties of momos and many other Asian,Indian,Chinese and Continental food.In additional to momos we have Samosa,Lassi,Nepali chiya(Masala chaya)Coffee and Bhutanese Brown Rice with cheese and chilly. We have international menu with more than 200 incredibly delicious recipes.you can have breakfast in the evening,or dinner in the morning-only you decide what you eat,or when,or how much.you can take away any dish.The Momo Hut Restaurant welcomes you with traditional wooden interior and unique momo bar.you can also order food by the phone and free WIFI from 2 dedicated lines Electricity is always on.
Melbourne, Australia
“MoMos - the best in Thamel”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

On my first visit to Nepal I had MoMos at another Restaurant in Thamel as they were recommended as 'the must try' delicacy of Nepal and they were terrible and I vowed not to eat MoMos again.

However my arm was twisted to give MoMos 'one more go' at the MoMo Hut - what a pleasant surprise. Great variety, good service, DELICIOUS and well priced.

Went back a second and third time....................that says it all!

If you don't go to the MoMo Hut you are missing out on a great food experience.

atish a, Manager at Thamel Momo Hut, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest!

Thank you so much for taking time to provide such a nice comment about a meal with us.We're really happy to know you found our food and service great and we hope to see you again whenever you come to Kathmandu.

Thamel Momo Hut team

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Awesome Momos!! Awesome server!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We got tipped off by our trekking company to come stop by the momo hut for lunch, but my hopes weren't really high since they also owned the place. Luckily for us, these bad boys are super dank! We went twice and one day and got the special mix veg and non veg plates both times (~600 rps). Sure, you can get a lot of good Momos in town but you won't go wrong coming here. I don't know what people are talking about bad service: after 5 months of traveling in Asia, our server Sushila was the best we had in that time! She was very friendly, refilled our glasses 125 times, and always smiling. Very clean (which is appreciated after 18 days trekking). Free wifi. Free mineral water. Only minuses are that is a tad more expensive than others and the milkshakes was not impressive after having the best ones ever in Pokhara.

atish a, Manager at Thamel Momo Hut, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear guest!
Thank you for writing such a nice review about us on a tripadvisor.
Your radiant comments about Momo Hut has made our day !
We are the most happy and delighted when we can meet with our guests expectations and will always try to do so !
And Waitress Sushila is so pleased to hear that his service was great too.
We look forward to your return !

Thamel Momo Hut team
Buffalo, New York
“Good food”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good choice of momos, moderately priced. Prices in menu does not include service tax, but a pretty good place to have a bite after spending time shopping

1 Thank srinaith
atish a, Manager at Thamel Momo Hut, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear guest Namaste!
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about us on tripadvisor.
We really appriciate it!It is the best thing to hear for us when we are able to make
our guests happy. Thank you for choosing Momo hut and hope to see you and serve you some nice food again.

Momo hut team
Rotterdam
“Food is good, 10%+13% service charge and tip excluded”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The momos are well prepared and tasty. However, the venue is quite expensive, though this is what you can expect when you dine in Thamel. I paid 200RPS for chicken momos (including service charge + tax which is not included in the price. I don't like this kind of pricing), whilst in other areas you can get the same for 120.

The staff is friendly and they provide you with WiFi

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very good food, excellent service!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I decided to try Momo Hut because I had recently discovered Nepalese momo and wanted to try some different places. As in most places I have gone to in Kathmandu, everyone was friendly, but I really felt especially welcome here. I have been back every day for the past few days and Sushila always greets me with a warm smile and they know my order already.

Today, there was nobody but me in the restaurant and Sushila and a couple of the other waiters went out of their way to say hello and express an interest in me. I really felt very welcome and wish I could go there every day.

As for the food, it is excellent momo. I have tried the steamed and fried chicken momo and the steamed buffalo momo. The prices are pretty much on par with other momo places (maybe 10-20 Rs more expensive than the momo place down the street from my hotel), but the food is excellent and the service made the extra $0.25 US well worth it!

Oh, and it has a really nice view of the street below, so, if you don't want to chat with the staff, there is plenty to keep you entertained while you eat.

Incidentally, I just saw another review saying that it is a bit expensive compared to KFC and other fast food joints. I just had a plate of 10 momo and two bottles of Coke for 350 Rs total (including tax and service charge). My meal at KFC was 750 Rs and it was not nearly as good as Momo Hut. The only thing KFC has on Momo Hut is air conditioning. That is so not worth double the price. I think Momo Hut is a great value!

atish a, Manager at Thamel Momo Hut, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear guest Namaste!
Thank you so much for ranking us on a tripadvisor.Your radiant comments about Momo Hut has made our day!We are the most happy and delighted when we can meet with our guests expectations and will always try to do so!
Thank you for your nice review and look forward to your return !

Thamel Momo hut team