“Thakur and Kapila will welcome you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eco Homestay

and 1 more site!
Eco Homestay
Ranked #102 of 432 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Santa Cruz, California
“Thakur and Kapila will welcome you!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the place. I came into Kathmandu with a recent knee injury and depressed that I couldn't trek. Not only did I have a fabulous experience with Thakur and Kapila at their home, but Thakur set me up with a jeep tour of Langtang National Park. Had I more time, I could have traveled to Muktinath by jeep! Thakur knows Nepal and Kapila knows how to cook!! Don't think you have to settle for a mountain flight to experience the Himalayas if you are unable to trek. Just contact Thakur Pandey and he can set you up! And Thakur and Kamila's home is a great escape from the madness of Thamel. The room was large with windows on three sides looking out on a garden. Attached bath hot water and GREAT dal ghat. Enjoy!!! Russell D.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I thank Thakur for the allowing my partner and I to stay in their lovely homestay, after 12 hour bus journey we needed some peace and quite and was made to feel very welcome by the whole family and not to mension the best dal bhat we had had the whole trip cooking for us by Thakurs charming wife. The location is very handy inbetween the monkey temple and Thamel but very peaceful which can be hard to find in Kathmandu.

Highly recommended home stay.

I hope to return to Nepal one day and will be staying with the family Thakur, if there any room?

Thank You to the whole famliy....

Russ and Laura

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed at Thakur and Kapila Pandey's Eco Homestay in October 2013. It is situated in a quiet area outside of the noisy center.The house is surrounded by a lovely garden, which invites for relaxing after a busy day.The room is spacious, very neat and clean and has an attached bathroom.They cared so lovely for me, I felt very comfortable and I've got the most delicious Dal Bhat there.You have to try Kapila's different types of pickels, I almost couldn't stop eating.Their service is excellent in all regards.I'm looking forward to come back again!

Franziska F. , Switzerland

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Here is clean and comfortable. It give me and my wife a happy and memorable experience and a nice home-like feeling. Their food is traditional and good taste. We still remember that when we come back Hong Kong.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've known the family of Thakur and Kopila since my first trip to Nepal, five years ago. Now that they have established a really cosy homestay, I would recommend everyone to stay there while they are in Kathmandu: it is in a quiet and clean neighborhood but still close to the center (and tourist attractions, only a 20min walk to Monkey Temple) and it is so nice to stay with a family instead of in a impersonal hotel in Thamel. It is also great to have a place to come home to after being on trekking or in between trekking and other visits. Let's not forget about the food: i've eaten so many different styles of dal bhat but the one that Kopila makes is still the best!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family