Open today: 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Mohare Danda Community Lodge Trek

I did a 16-day customized, cultural sight-seeing and trekking, tour of Nepal with Rabi and his team... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
FamiliarStranger
Would definitely go again

We visited Nepal during the Ramadan holidays. We liked iTour Nepal (Rabi) since he was very... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2019
aperez1128
Lipa City, Philippines
via mobile

All reviews first week of december sustainable tourism everest trek his team hour hike short trek walking tour perfect trip base camp airport pickup these guys annapurna region look no further mardi himal my friend an unforgettable experience local culture
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Rabi is a kind organizer of our trip, he tried his best to arrange the birding trip successful, My friend and I had a very fruitful birding this time.

Thank you very much, Rabi.

Date of experience: March 2018
iT0urNepal, General Manager at iTour Nepal Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear guests !

Thanks for your appreciation and an opportunity to organize your bird photography trip in Nepal. We had organized photography tour and bird watching tour separately several times before. But bird photography was more challenging as the cameras and equipment were heavy. It was not possible to walk long distances with such a big camera. Also many places in the national park were restricted for driving. So I had to have several conversations with our local bird guides and experts to plan the itinerary with perfect location and to choose the activities / jeep safari route in the area where the unique local birds’ movements or habitat have been noticed. Also we choose the accommodation with tranquil location next to the forest and with fewer tourists.
The success of this bird photography tour was a team work of knowledgeable local guide, very patient and friendly driver and office team.
Thank you also for your suggestions regarding the safari jeep with stand for camera. We will keep in mind and I hope one day we will be able to customize it.
As a sustainable tour operator, we hope we will be able to create more employment to our local bird experts and appreciate their knowledge.

Best regards
Managing Director
Kopila Sen

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Great experience to approach the top of the world, Tour planning and guide were perfect and tailored to whatever you needed.

Date of experience: February 2018
iT0urNepal, Manager at iTour Nepal Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Thanks for your appreciation and words of praise. Meeting with you was memorable and we learned a lot bout Chile and also about -'Torres del Paine' the 8th wonder of the world. This was a great cultural exchange as you could visit the Sherpa land, learn about the history and culture of Newars in Kathmandu and also share stories from your world.
Hope the memory will bring you back.

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

This great family-owned company took on the challenge of taking 10 women on the Poon Hill Trail. Rabi's attention to detail and ability to adapt the trip to our needs made this one of my favourite vacations so far. I would highly recommend Itournepal and am considering using them on a subsequent family trip.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017

When planning my trip through the Himalayan countries I wrote to several tour-operators based in Kathmandu, given that there is the "base camp" to enter in Tibet and Bhutan. From all those to whom I wrote I only received replies from 2 of them and in the process of feedback I chose iTour Nepal, not only because of it's good ranking of comments here in T.A. but also for having shown interest in assisting enthusiastically in my process of planning the trip.
Two weeks before starting it Rabindra told me that China had closed the border of Tibet without any warning, so I had to change the days in Tibet for Pokhara, a 4-day trek in the circuit of Ghorepani, Lubini and Chitwan national Park.
The case of the closure of the border in the occupied territory of Tibet by China is nothing new and usually happens for political reasons when China does not want "foreign witnesses" of its repression to the Tibetan people. When this happens, it will be necessary to have a plan B, which in my case turned out to be an unforgettable experience, thanks to the suggestions of Rabindra.
Bhutan managed to compensate very well the Tibetan part. Tiger's nest is one of the wonders of this world, added to this the cultural and natural wealth of Bhutan, it makes this country a hidden gem in the Himalayas that deserves to be visited.
Lumbini is undoubtedly a sacred place for the Buddhist world, as important as Mecca and Jerusalem, although not so ostentatious in terms of monumentality in relation to the other sites, Lumbini is an attractive open library to interpret the life and philosophy of the Master Buddha through its archaeological ruins, monuments, monasteries, and it's special energy.
Finally Pokhara and the 4 day trek through the Ghorepani circuit was a unique experience where every day was a gift for all the senses. Seeing the Annapurna mountain range light up with the first rays of the sun at dawn was "the jewel in the crown" of this circuit.
In summary iTour Nepal made this trip an unforgettable experience, with very professional and personalized assistance. My sincere thanks to Rabindra and his wife, to my guides Tenzin and Yeshey in Bhutan, to Rajkumar in Lumbini and to Prabin, my guide on the Ghorepani circuit, who made the path very bearable and fun.
Douglas Dreher

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I was so impressed with your immediate response to my initial letter of interest; as well as the myriad of my emails that you patiently answered. The others in in the first group commented on how much they appreciated your honest and quick responses.... we all concur that your interest in our desires and needs were the main reason that we went ahead with the tour. Sharon and I had also contacted other tours to get information and prices, but did not get responses or received vague and generic responses, but your personal responses hooked us to choose itrournepal.

I am appreciate of your greetings, and gatherings, and briefings; of the phone calls to check in with us to be sure we were safe and sound while in other countries. All those things contribute to a feeling of caring about us and caring that we are safe and enjoying ourselves.

Bhutan was my favorite. The people were beautiful and kind. The pace was perfect for the peaceful setting. The hotel was spectacular. The food was the best of the three countries. Even though I rode the horse 2/3 of the way up to Tiger's Nest, I was not prepared for the strenuous walk the rest of the way to the Tiger's Nest. I did it, but it was a killer because of the altitude and the unevenly spaced stairs and uneven heights on the stair risers.

I acknowledge that I am a 67 year old woman who is a cowardly hiker. I found that if I just went my own pace; that I could get the job done. Fortunately, the 30 year olds in our group were very considerate of my age and lack or prowess and allowed me to go slowly and wheeze, and pant, and gasp for air. They were really good kids.

Because you are young, you don't have the ability to have the knowledge that people my age are in a bind. If they go others who are in their late 60s, they usually do not trek in, or want to push themselves, or go "out" and do things. Most of them have bad knees and bad backs and wouldn't even be able to do such a tour. But..... if I go with younger people, then I hold them back and they probably felt like there were baby-sitting me. The other three tourists, were just good people and I appreciated their character, intelligences, and kindness.

However. when the other two Americans joined us in Tibet, the flavor of the group changed. Even though they were good men, one was pretty angry at life and that came out in his swearing (even the F word), cynicism, and continual references to alcohol and drinking. The group focused more on going out to drink at night and he often subversely criticized the guide and slyly poked fun at the guide. I thought it was tacky and often there was friction in the van between "us" and the guide. When I tipped the guide, I apologized for the group and told the guide to please know that all Americans weren't that rude and crude.

But we were all nice and polite and plastic. I did notice that at the end, I was mentally counting the days until the Tibet trip was over because of what was going on with the group and the guide.

Conversely, the Tibet guide didn't seem to really care about us. He did his "job" well but it seemed rote and like he was "doing his job." Could be because of the static he was getting from the group. He was very difficult to understand and he had a hard time understanding our English. We would ask him questions and he would give us an answer to something completely different. After a couple of times trying to clarify the question, we would just give up. I think the language barriers may always be there to some degree because we are from different countries.

There were hours in the van when he could have been teaching us about forts, and agriculture, and animals, and customs.... when there was no instruction. But then.... we couldn't have heard it because the van was so rattly and noisy that we ended up riding hours with no communication. Someday, the Tibet side needs a quieter van, or a microphone, or earphone lectures.... or somethings. That cross country experience seemed to me like it could be rich in teaching and learning.

Fortunately, Bernie, is a retired geologist, and when I sat by him he explained rock formations, patterns or erosion, how and why all the fossils are there, and other geological phenomenon. He was a plethora of information and I appreciated his expertise.

I think it depends on the group. We really wanted "taught" about the countries and the peoples. I am sure there are groups that go that don't care; they just want to be there. You are a good guide.... you talked to us and taught us, and didn't act put out by it. All four of us rave about the tour to the Terra Cotta Living Museum and our trip to the paper factory. Thanks!

As we talked as a group, we thought there was too much religion. We all tried to learn from the tours of the temples and keep the doctrine together but found out that it varied temple to temple and that maybe each temple and each Buddha has a slight twist on some original religion. It was mind boggling and perplexing. We also pondered that maybe religion and history can't be separated; that it is impossible to filter the history out as pure history.

The book, Mustang, definitely enhanced my time in Tibet. I learned about some of the customs, the forts, the wars, the history. It make the country and the people seem to come to life. It might be good to have some such historical books like that in the van so tourists could read them the hours and hours they are driving in and out of base camp.

By the end the last two temples in Tibet, we were super saturated with temples and statues and even begged with the guide..... please, please.... no more temples. Our brains were just bulging with temples and religion. Maybe you could cut back on the number of temple tours or else have a checklist of the temple tours that the people think they would like to visit. The Fertility Temple in Bhutan and the walk through the fields to get there, and the home meal in the farm house.... was a real hit with me and definitely stands out in my mind as a favorite.

We wondered if the Tibet guide gets some kind of a kickback from the places he takes us to eat. Twice the food was the worst we ate on the whole trip. After that, we would go find our own places to eat. Fortunately, Sharon knows Chinese, or else that part of the trip could have been a complete disaster. Sharon would joke that we should give her a tip for being our translator. She was great ... and eating in the little hole in the wall places with the local people ended up being a highlight of the Tibet trip. It was really fun and a great adventure!!

Rabi, the trip far exceeding my expectations. You are a phenomenal organizer, corresponder, and tour guide. It is very difficult to build up the nerve to go to such foreign and remote countries..... TV programs and news makes cowards of us all.

Somewhere along the line.... it takes a huge leap of faith to commit to such an adventure. Thanks to your emails..... I took theleap and had a superlative time.

I am still in Portland (a 12 hour drive home), but when I get there, I am going to that travel agent who warned me against using foreign travel agents. I am taking her all your contact information to see if she would like to work some kind of a recommendation to work with itournepal to let people know about your tours. Please advise me if you think that is NOT a good idea. I think other people who are hesitant about traveling to that area, would do it if they knew there were reputable foreign agents that a local agent could recommend. Please advise me.

Once again, thank you. I am a different person having seen the moon on the other side of the world. You are a good man and an excellent travel agent.

Sherry..... and you have some well marked person there at the airport when I get there the next time....hahahahahah!

1. Thank you, too, for the flexibility you allowed in me to choose what "I" wanted to do and see ... and not forcing me into a cookie cutter tour. I definitely told you that I had five requests: the Potala Palace, Tiger's Nest, Bhutan, Base Camp, and that I wanted to see the country; the way the real people live. "See the country" seemed to be called "overland" and it worked for me.
Somewhere along the line.... it takes a huge leap of faith to commit to such an adventure. Thanks to your emails..... I took the leap and had a superlative time.

Date of experience: November 2016