“Nice price”

Kathmandu Madhuban Guest House
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Good location, cheap, clean enough, and staff let us call to the AirPort lots of times with no extra charge.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank invocator
There are newer reviews for Kathmandu Madhuban Guest House

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed here only for 1 night but everything was well organized and i didn't feel any stress during my stay.They have travel desk with very experienced staff and they can arrange the best program based on your requirements.

Mr. Laxman, owner of thsi Guest House is capable to communicate in English, Japanese and few more languages!

I have never stayed in such "convenient Guest House" before.
Please have a pleasant stay at Madhuban!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Hiro182
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed here last year for a couple of nights. The guesthouse is situated in a street parallel to the main streets of Thamel and it takes approximately 5 minutes to reach the heart of Thamel's most busy and touristic streets. I booked the room via their website and quickly received a confirmation email in which they told me they would pick me up from the airport. Allthough we had to wait for some time at the aiport and had to give them a phone call, this service was a great gesture. We had a double room, very spacious with three beds, spacious bathroom (the water was a bit brown though), a TV, table and couch. The wifi was pretty fast and kept working even in case of power cuts during the day. Staff was incredibly friendly. At departure I did not have enough money left for a cab and the owner took care of it! I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank dutchtraveldoc
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed here for a few days towards the end of my trip and found the guesthouse excellent value and very comfortable. The rooms are huge and very comfortable although the beds are a bit hard. Essentials lights and WI-Fi works even during the load shedding period which is nice. It is on a parallel street to Thamel and takes only a few minutes to walk over.
I stayed in a business class hotel when I first arrived and I told the manager , Laxman that I much prefer this guesthouse.
The best thing about this guesthouse is the sincere service from the manager, Laxman and his staff. They take great pride in what they do even though it is simple place, I am glad to have stayed here.
I booked a Poon Hill trek with Adventure Bound, their affiliated travel service and the manager Rajan provides a fuss free package at a good price. Everything was taken care of by them with an experienced guide and all I need was to enjoy the trek and beautiful scenery.
I would definitely come back and stay here again and go on a longer trek if my knees agree to it.
Thanks , Laxman, Rajan and Roshan.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank diab0s
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I was fairly happy with our stay at this guesthouse. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are spacious, the water is hot and generator power ensures you can always turn on a light during a power cut. On the downside, the rooms are dirty (giant cockroaches) and the beds and pillows are stained, hard and lumpy. Overall not a bad choice if you're not too irked by cockroaches.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I booked through the internet. Mr. Laxman confirmed the booking and arranged for a free airport pickup as well. He also arranged for our entire Nepal tour (Pokhara and Chitwan) along with a car at our disposal. The package was the best I could get but it crossed my budget. The staff and specially Mr. Laxman are very helpful and well behaved. Their car driver Anil who accompanied us throughout was also a nice guy. We also met Mr. Tarun, the owner who helped us in marketing by suggesting some good places.

There was running hot and cold water and they had an inverter which provided some light in the room during load shedding.

The food is good. Its located in Thamel but in a little conjested place. The sleep quality can be improved and rooms though quite big can be made more attractive.

Room Tip: Room onthe top floor infront the graden
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2011

The staff were super friendly and helpful. They would always do their best to help us out when we had a problem or something we needed to do.
The location is great.
Security is great.
The rooftop terrace is a cool place to relax.
The power shortages are not the fault of the hotel.
The rooms are spacious and a good place to relax after working all day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business