“Delicious Nepali tapas” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nepali Tapas Bar

Nepali Tapas Bar
Ranked #329 of 706 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Nepali, Bar, Spanish, Asian, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are the first tapas bar in Thamel - Kathmandu. Probably first in the country to serve Nepali snacks as tapas.
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious Nepali tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Went here a couple of times during my two week stay in Kathmandu. Both times I went with a group of about ten people and we sat on the cushions around a big table. I would recommend going with a group as you get to try a little bit of each tapas dish. I enjoyed the smoked mushrooms, yak cheese and haru baru (can't remember the exact spelling).

afatravels, Owner at Nepali Tapas Bar, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Nepali Tapas and writing this great review. It helps us to grow! We are committed to promote Nepali local snacks in international market and we found Tapas way. We will do our best to improve our service in another level, provide more relaxing atmosphere to customer and to improve in whole hospitality and cleanliness.

Quezon City, Philippines
“good place if you want to try diff items on the menu in small servings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

i went here on my last day in Nepal. It's i the 2nd floor of a building along one of the main streets in Thamel. The menu is quite extensive but i stuck to the tapas menu so that i'll be able to try more items. Having just had breakfast at my hotel (I went at around 10am), i resigned to ordering only three items on the tapas menu.

on the waiter's recommendation, I ordered the cheese sandeko (marinated yak cheese), buff sekuwa (grilled buffalo meat), and bara (lentil patties). Took around maybe 15 minutes to arrive. I really enjoyed all three!! However, if you don't like the strong red onions, you might want to tell the waiter to not include these in the cheese sandeko. The cheese and tomatoes were really good, though. The buffalo meat was grilled nicely and was tasty. They give you 5 small cubes. My favorite was the lentil patties. Do eat this as soon as it's placed on the table as i imagine it wouldn't be as good if it wasn't warm anymore. for the lentil patties, you'll be given three thin triangular-shaped patties.

Ambience is nice and cozy. I would've wanted to order more tapas if i weren't already so full from the two breakfasts i had that morning. I also would've wanted to try their cocktails also.

free wifi. smoking allowed inside. and the young waiter who attended to me was really nice. got to chat with him a bit and after the meal, he accompanied me to a nearby dairy store cos i wanted to buy yak cheese to bring home.

this is probably a nice chill place to have drinks + small bites. totally recommend!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Great food/ambiance, amazing hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I couchsurfed Nepal and spent my last night at Nepali Tapas Bar (owned by a family that Couchsurfs, too). Each dish was delicious, to say the least. Free WiFi that worked fairly well. They were happy to let guests change the TV channels and sit and relax as long as they wanted too. We ended up staying there until 2 or 3am, and to top the night off, the bartender made a flaming shot tower! Next time I'm in Kathmandu, I'll definitely go back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Very impressive!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place with friends randomly for some food and we all are very impressed! The first thing that attract us is the refreshment towel. They used to provide a wet towel which is best for sanitizing and wiping. It gives a positive feeling before eating food.
Very good menu fairly priced and quantity is also ok. We have some snacks with glasses of cocktails and now one of my friend is willing to make a cocktail party. Good cocktail menu and seems so professional. Staff are friendly and service is good. I found a homey environment.
They played a Nepali folk and remix music. Good music, good food, good cocktail, good service and great ambience. What else we need? I highly suggest to visit this place.

“Surpised cuisine experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Just randomly passed by this fantastic eatery, since I stayed at a hotel nearby! Tiny small portions but super well - made and served! Try the tempura and soup of the day, then decided that I would highly recommend it here!
Love it! Free wifi as well! A trekker from Vietnam just finishing his Gokyo-EBC route and so happy to find this place in Kathmandu.))

• Visited November 2013