“Fantastic Lal Durbar”

Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Lal Durbar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was at Lal Durbar Restaurant for Lunch during my stay at Hotel Yak and Yeti. The elegance of the place with its ornate decorations, regal looking mirrors and blooming chandeliers was simply astonishing. One simply could not not like the place. The food was good and the staff were very nice and friendly. It was quite an amazing experience. If you happen to be in Kathmandu, Just go to that place to eat. Its a really cool place.

1 Thank mark d

Kathmandu, Nepal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was advised to visit this restaurant few months ago. Having my own travel related businesses, I often love to explore new attractions, people, culture and traditions, customs and cuisines etc. Therefore, I visited this restaurant last month, which proved me that it was really a good place to having experience of typical Nepalese food. There is no doubt that we enjoyed the meals at its best. Besides meals, the cultural performances, interior attractions in traditional design, outside atmosphere were very pleasant. The staffs were highly cultured and hospitable. So, I would recommend any people to have an experience of having at least one dinner. You will be truly impressed.

1 Thank PrakashAryal
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Best way to experience Nepali Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Visited Lal Durbar Restaurant with other 3 friends of mine for cultural Dinner, and i was very much impressed by the decoration that they had, cultural program so great and we also join with the team for Dance, it was so fun.

Food were so delicious and this is called the real Nepali traditional , so i would highly refer to anyone who are looking for cultural dinner in Nepal.

Thanks a lot Amrit Bhandari and the Lal Durbar Team for great hospitality.

1 Thank RR278
Baltimore, Maryland
“Simply thank u LALDURBAR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited the restaurant on my holidays back home around April.Every time I visited home on holidays there was always a sense of incompleteness in terms of authentic nepalese restaurant eating. Ironically i came to know about this restaurant from an Irish tourist friend who visited it every time he was in Nepal. I decided to give it a try.
God oh my , it didn't disappoint a bit.
Nestled in the palace once owned by prime-minister of Nepal who then knew the magnitude of lavishness and decor. The chandeliers, the pillars standing tall for over hundred years, the detailed ceiling , this place still oozes history and the traditional cultural show; just cherry on the top to keep the historic spirit alive .

We ordered the 9 course meal. First we were welcomed by local spirit poured by traditionally dressed waitress pouring drinks from above a metre high. A magical start of our evening. what followed thereafter i just want to summarize it in one sentence : Stupendously scrumptious meal welcoming u back home away from home.

The evening was magical and was true value for money. Although some of my friends complained about the portions of the food,It was good enough portion for me . Again I could not blame them for wanting more of that amazing meal. One of my tall friend complained about the traditional low seating and the restaurant manager was happy to accommodate us on higher seating( we declined because rest 6 of us were enjoying the low seating ). But I can safely say they are pretty sleek in facilitating the customers needs. I was with my Irish friends and the the staff helped me quite a lot to explain the rituals , food,menu etc to them. The expertise of the staff was great.

Having experienced a magical evening I was delighted to have helped my tourist friends see a different Nepalese world.
Needless to say we went there few times thereafter with equally enjoyable time. Although explained only one evening in my review ,My review is based on overall visits to that magnificent palace transporting us back to time , in the heart of a very busy city . Now everytime i will go back home i have a place to take my friends to , without second thought .Thank u LALDURBAR .

• Visited April 2013