Hiking Himalayas Trek and Expedition Private Day Tours
Ranked #244 of 583 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hiking Himalayas Trek and Expedition - Private Day Tour is one of the most popular day tours close to Kathmandu for more suitable for bird watching, religious and cultural explorer. This phenomenal tour takes you to experience high altitude walking, mesmerizing backdrop of snow capped Himalayas, bio diversity, Buddhism and Hinduism traditions more suitable for adventure seekers & nature lovers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We planned a trek to Everest BC. In the middle we had to change our plans. Raj was right on it and made our trip turn out to be a great vacation in what could have been a less satisfactory one. In our travels we ran into others who had booked with guides and found that our selection of Raj was a great one. We highly recommend him.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My brother and I took our first trekking visit to Nepal in February 2014. From the moment we left the airport and saw Raj's smiling face, we knew we were in excellent hands. Our first couple of days were spent exploring Kathmandu and Raj couldn't be more obliging in taking us around and suggesting places to eat and visit.
We left for Upper Mustang (via Pokhara & Jomson) with his brother Hari and Gonesh (our porter). Nothing was too much trouble for either of them and Hari handled all little hiccups (cancelled flights for example) and changes to the itinerary without any fuss. The pace was set by the number of photos we stopped to take and we never felt rushed nor left to catch up. As we got further and further into Upper Mustang, we were constantly amazed by how many people Hari knew. This was also reflected by his knowledge of the area. As we were slightly ahead of the tourist season, this local knowledge helped on more than one occasion.
Overall we had an amazing trip, made better by Raj, Hari and Gonesh. There were no hidden costs or surprises. I would have no hesitancy engaging them for our next visit or recommending them to friends and family. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hiking Himalayas Trek and Expedition is an exceptional company that treats their clients with hospitality and sincerity. I showed up to Kathmandu by myself and left with 2 new friends. That is just the type of people that run this company. They do their up-most to answer questions and concerns that you may have. Everything was set up for me before my arrival, allowing me to enjoy the culture and experience. I highly recommend these seasoned trekkers.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

You will be hard pressed to find a more attentive, professional, responsive, and friendly company to handle trekking and touring needs. From the moment we selected Raj to help us with our time in Nepal, he kept in constant contact with us, getting us ready for the trip. His personal attention extended to my arrival and travel around Katmandu and then later into the mountains. At all times, your personal well being is something he takes very seriously. Further, his flexibility in making changes to plans due to unforeseen events is never a big deal and he does it with the same professional and dedicated manner that pervades not only his demeanor but also that of his guides and his porters. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

In October 2013 my friend and I hired Raj and his company to lead us on our trek to Poon Hill (Annapurna region). We had a great experience. Raj was extremely responsive from day one. We Skyped (from the States to Nepal) while I was in my research phase. He answered all our questions and we hired him. He graciously met each of us separately at the airport in Kathmandu and took us to our hotel. We had in-person meetings once we arrived to sort out all remaining details. Raj also organized a side trip to Tibet, including visas. Our last day in Kathmandu, Raj had us over to his house for a delicious lunch prepared by his family. He was thorough and professional., plus his prices were affordable. Unlike many Nepalese, Raj understood our American needs and desires to have trip details and expectations clearly communicated. I would recommend Raj, who was recommended to us by an Indian friend.