Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour
EBC-Gokio

Reviewed March 18, 2018
Enoc M
via mobile
When your guide is your friend

Reviewed August 7, 2017
nonabudd
Christchurch, New Zealand

All reviews day trek got sick amazing guide everest base camp route annapurna airport company nepal accommodation itinerary culture expedition communication treks plans april
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Great experience. In the balance, cost benefit i am satisfied. Purna, my guide, is an excellent boy. The company in general gave me a good service, attentive to my needs and giving timely follow-up to my doubts before and during the tour.

eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear Enoc,
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your experience in Nepal and what to serve you time and again for the days to come. We request you to follow "tell your friend" about Nepal and us on the way back. Once again thank you very much for your great effort. Ramesh

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This was our 8th visit to Nepal and based on the internet reviews we contacted Eagle Treks and working with Ramesh decided on a 15 day Tamang Heritage Trek. Unfortunately from the start it was a negative experience. Instead of going with the bus, we ended up in a car for a trying ride of 9 hours. On the way we picked up our porter who had never done this before and did not know the area. But the main issue was our guide Rajan. We had agreed with Ramesh that we would pick our own lodging and Rajan was not happy about that and gave us a bad attitude and no help. But the main problem was that he was not guiding us at all. He was never near us and more than once we took the wrong road and he would be shouting at us to walk all the way back. When we confronted him he was supposed to show us the way as our guide, he said it was our own fault because we should read the signs ???!!!! And he said he had to stay with the porter to motivate him, so he could not guide us??!!!
Unfortunately one of us got sick and we had to end the trek. When we informed Ramesh about the behaviour and attitude of the guide, he did nothing. He only said that the problem was the porter and that he found out he had no experience in the area. But he hired the porter, so he should have checked that beforehand!Ramesh did in no way adress or acknowledge our issues.
We paid good money for a 15 day trek and got nothing for it, just some days in a very bad atmosphere.
We do not understand how all the other reviews can be so positive? Probably we had the wrong guide, because in non of the reviews Rajan is mentioned.
But apart from that we would expect Ramesh, as owner of the company, to be more client oriented and professional in his communication and aftersales.
After 7 very positive experiences in Nepal he managed to make the 8th one an awfull on. And that is too bad

eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you Hans and Katja for sharing your experience. We supposed to provide you the bus ride to and from Syabrubeshi but we applied the jeep instead of bus. After seeing your age and to respect it was your eighth visit to Nepal. We feel jeep might be easier than the bus ride. You had save about an hour driving because of the jeep ride. The second part, our staff report us, you had to stop the trek due to your health issue. You also agree with this in one point.
As far to your complains, you paid for the 15 days trekking got no service! You can read the term and condition clearly. It says, "In case of incomplete trek due to the customers' problem sickness and unfavorable weather, the amount paid for the trekking will not be refundable."
I still want to thank you sharing the review. Ramesh

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We employed Yadab Itani of Eagle Treks as a guide for 4 months to do the Great Himalayan Trail. Although hired as a guide he was much more than that. Fit and strong, he was always willing to assist when needed. Knowledgeable and passionate about his culture and country. Now experienced in all regions, he would be an invaluable guide for any one trekking in Nepal.

eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear Mum
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on this site. We have no words for salutation, we only can say this is your kindness. We are looking forward to welcome you in Nepal for the days to come time and again. We promise to serve you from the theme of our business " satisfaction is our motto" and we also believes as forever this is service oriented business rather than others. Once again thanks to you and whole for your family. We are hoping to welcome you in near future. Ramesh

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Eagle treks is a great agency, and Yadab is an awesome guide.
I did a very long trek accross Nepal with Yadab Itani (including Kanchenjunga base camp / Everest Region / Makalu Region / Annapurna, Naar & Phu / Upper Mustang)
Yadab always made sure that everybody in the team was feeling good, always keen to help, and very nice with a perfect english :-)
If you are looking for a trek anywhere in Nepal, do not hesitate!! You should contact Eagle Treks!

eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

It was our pleasure to have introduction with you while you were in Nepal. We hope it was the same for you too. Thank you very much for your wonderful review on tripadvisor. We did nothing as you mention on your review but we only did our job.
We value the customer interest and the importance of their holiday while any one are with us. We know the theme of our business and also believes on "Guest are God". All of our guide are equal smart as yours and does the same to anyone.
Once again thank you very much for the response and looking forward to welcome you and yours for the days to come in Nepal. Ramesh

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I recently trekked Everest Base Camp circuit, including Cho La and Renjo La and a self-made route including sections of Manaslu, Annapurna, Nar-Phu and Upper Mustang.

Eagle Treks organised all permits etc and Yadab was also the guide for our group.

It was great to not have any worries about the paperwork and be able to focus on the treks.

Yadab deserves special mention though. Always honest, professional, positive and attentive. Yadab was quick to assist me when I struggled up some high passes and was very helpful in chatting with the cooks at each lodge to ensure my food was gluten free. He is also a great guide for fit or adventurous clients. Yadab never seemed to tire and was happy to assist some members of the group who were keen to explore further. He also recently completed a trek across almost the length of the Nepal Himalayas (the Great Himalaya Trail) so he has seen it all. So great to be able to have 100% trust in a guide.

If you are looking for a guide or someone to arrange your trekking in Nepal, look no further.

1  Thank JessBlaikie
eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Jess Blaikie and family
Thank you very much for the review on this site. We feel happy to know you had enjoyed your time in Nepal with us. As we are based on the service oriented business, we did the same what we had to do nothing more. If is our pleasure to thank for your great effort.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your friend relative for same kind of services for the days to come. We promise to do better at our level best. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

Oh what an Experience I had!!
I am extremely fortunate to have used the extremely professional n superly well informed gentlemanr Brush, o boy o boy
Well I was suggested by my fellow em to visit Eagle treks n expeditions for my treks. Well as luck word haVe it, I went to their office and was greeted nicely by the receptionist and on her advise was directed to this Gentleman Mr Brish. I was extremely pleased to meet him as he was well turned out, soft spoken and had an appealing personality
I was well guided by him, he knows his trade very well. He advised me the best and cost effective trek I cod have. Full marks to this supremely knowledgeable professional officer Mr Brish. I was certainly get back to him the next time I am in Nepal. Thank-you

Yb_ni, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Thank you very much!
This is our pleasure to know that you had enjoyed the trek with us. As we mention on our sitting at office before trek was picking up, we did the same on your entire trip, We value the the interest of our client with timing and the budget as well. We have 99% satisfied customers till the date. We know this trade from the grass root and we fix the trek staff accordingly. We did the same on this trek too. Our 40% business runs from the recommendation, 46% web marketing and 2% local market and rest are the re visitors. I thank you once again for this review on tripadvisor. Ramesh

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Eagle Trek Tours provided a great experience for our EBC Trek this past April. They picked us up at the airport and arranged our hotel in Kathmandu - which was a great spot. Quiet, but close to Thamel and other destinations.

Our trek was seamless. Everything was taken care by our amazing guide Bikram Khadka. He was always attentive to our needs and made sure we had an enjoyable and safe trip. He even arranged great weather!

I would recommend Eagle Treks for your EBC Trek.

1  Thank Chris D
eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

It is our pleasure to write the vote of thanks up on your great review on our tripadvisor page. we feel happy that to know that you were happy with our service and guide. Do you think the weather was perfect because for the guide? Amazing thank you Bikram for your support, you were the super hero on weather challenge. Chris we are aware top our business. As I had told you on our visit at hotel, the business what we are running is a service oriented business, we did the same nothing more. We are looking forward to welcome you and yours (family, friends) for the days to come. We couldn't get the proper word on my vocabulary except thank you for your support.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Eagle Treks was a complete joy from start to finish. Ramesh provided us with a personalised itinerary before our trek. He was quick to adapt to our plans and make our trekking experience a unique one.

Ramesh and his wife, Gaya warmly welcomed us on our arrival at Kathmandu airport and made us feel instantly comfortable in a pretty chaotic place :)

After a couple of nights in Thamel, we set off for our Tsum Valley trek (April 2017) - which was beautiful. Brown and green leaves covered our path, huge river flowing beside us and yaks, mountain goats and monkeys keeping us company along the way. Note, there is absolutely no wifi apart from in Philim (this was a beautiful place to stop for the night). Accommodation on the way is very basic but comfortable for a night's sleep.

One word of warning, there are several land slide areas on route. This was quite scary - without meaning to cause you too much alarm, it is a good idea to wear a helmet or make sure your guide provides this.

One other tip is to check the language level of your guide before you set off. Communication is really important along the way, so make sure you are understood and can understand your guide. Ramesh is happy to cater to changes or specifications.

It was a beautiful experience to be looked after by Ramesh and Gaya and we very much look forward to seeing them again soon.

1  Thank Adventure451499
eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Thank you Pouya for your review on our tripadvisor page. We are so thankful for your effort. As we already mention we are on service oriented business. We are fully aware with the importance of holiday. We do respect your interest while planing the trip. We are looking forward to welcome you and your more friends to Nepal. We will be happy to share our decade long experience with more.
Thank you once again for your support and looking forward for the days to come as well.

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

I had a wonderful time with eagle treks. I went on my own but had such a lovely porter and guide who both made me feel welcome and at ease throughout. They were in tune with my pace and needs and hari had an excellent understanding of the mountains and route.

The trek route was brilliant (poonhill was a highlight).

Ramesh and his lovely family were amazing. They were incredibly welcoming and kind. I had the best evening with them after the trek - I didn't want to go home!

Yb_ni, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Helen, thank you very much for your review on trip advisor. We feel happy to know that we have one more satisfied client from our service. We are hoping to have supports from your end for the coming days too. We will promise to work better than this on future. Thank you once again. Ramesh

Reviewed January 10, 2017

This is the second time I have used Eagle Treks in Nepal - each has been outstanding. Two years ago we did the Annapurna base camp trek - our guide was knowledgeable, friendly and really supportive - while this year, owing to volunteering commitments, I was on a quick fly-by. Eagle Treks were as accommodating as always, going out of their way to make me feel at home in Kathmandu. We have recommended them to several groups of friends and family, all of whom have been full of praise on their return. These guys know their stuff. They are also down-to-earth, friendly and affordable. Can't recommend enough.

eagletreks, Owner at Eagle Treks and Expedition P. Ltd. & Heli Tour Private Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

It is our pleasure to read your second review on same site. We didn't found the suitable word on my vocabulary to thank for your support. As we already mention this is the service oriented business we did nothing but serve you as per our duty. We are looking forward to welcome you and your friend for the days to come too. Thank you once again for your review. Ramesh