Ways to Experience Nepal Big Mountain Travel Company
from $150.00
from $145.00
from $180.00
More Info
All reviews lumbini companies travelers driver accommodation mountains nepal
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

Thank you to the folks at NBM Travel for an awesome trip to Nepal! Shristi was incredibly helpful with coordinating everything and answering all of my silly logistical questions from the moment I booked the trip. My tour guide Mani provided so much support on the tour, from sharing his knowledge about Nepali culture and history, to helping me find souvenirs at a good price, to rearranging our itinerary when we had weather delays. I chose this tour specifically to learn about the many cultures and lifestyles of Nepal and was not disappointed. Each location was so different from the last - Kathmandu is the chaotic capital, Chitwan is a gorgeous jungle where you’ll see animals that you’d never expect to see up close in real life (still can’t believe how close I was to crocodiles and a rhino!), and Pokhara feels like a cute beach resort. We were unable to go to Lumbini due to weather, so we spent an extra day in Pokhara and an extra day in Kathmandu, which worked out fine for relaxing and shopping. Even the bus rides between cities were interesting because you could see examples of life in the countryside and some really cool landscapes. There was a decent balance of sightseeing and free time, and I really liked each of the hotels we stayed at. If you are interested in learning about Nepal beyond trekking, this is a great introduction. They have such an interesting diversity and unique history, I wish more people knew about it!

If you go in July, like I did, you’ll likely catch some rain (monsoon season), so make sure you pack accordingly! Rain boots, rain coat, and quick dry pants worked well on rainy days and the boat tour/jungle trek in Chitwan, plus a few pairs of comfortable pants and a pair of sandals for sunny days. Don’t let the name “monsoon” scare you off from coming if this is the only time of year you can go. You’ll still see, do, and eat a lot! (Make sure you have dal bhat and momo while you are here...they are the best!)

Date of experience: July 2019
ShristiPra, Manager at Nepal Big Mountain Travel Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2019

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to us that you had a good time here in Nepal. It was such a pleasure to host you.

Thank you for encouraging other people to visit Nepal despite it is a monsoon. Yes, monsoon means more rain but if it is your holiday you can turn into the best days by going for a tour. And it is always our pleasure to give any information required pre-trip.

We hope you will visit Nepal on your next holiday and explore more.

Lots of love from Nepal!

Shristi

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

NBM Travel were really friendly with a great young team. The trek was well organised, met at the airport and supported straight away with a good hotel. My guide, Deepak, was excellent throughout. Very patient and supportive during the 4000 odd steps going up with a lot of obvious enthusiasm for the country and environment. A good friend for a solo trek.
Accomodation on the trek itself was really good too, especially at the top with views to the mountains.
The heaviest snow in years made the scenery even more spectacular.
An unforgettable trip and i reccomend the company to anyone looking for a piece of adventure.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank Nick T
ShristiPra, Manager at Nepal Big Mountain Travel Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to know that you had a good time here in Nepal. Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Our driver was amazing, the car was nice and I liked his music. The guide was well dressed, professional, he was knowledgeable and spoke English well. Went at a pace for my wife

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Wynn R
ShristiPra, Manager at Nepal Big Mountain Travel Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Hi Wynn,

Thank you for choosing us.

We are extremely happy you enjoyed the trip and our service.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

I undertook a 17 day Annapurna Circuit trek with my guide Nabaraj Adhikari in September 2018.

As I had limited time to complete the trip, it was still slightly off peak (with unpredictable weather) and I was a solo traveler I opted to hire a guide to be on the safe side.

Booking with NBM was a great, I asked for some inclusions that were not on the standard circuit agendas and they more than happily included them. The the lady from the office I was in correspondence with (Shristi) was immensely helpful from being quick to respond to emails to locating me when I got lost in the maze of Thamel looking for the office. I will also add the price was very very reasonable compared to many companies.

My guide Nabaraj Adhikari was a great traveling companion and friend throughout the trip. As well as proving invaluable when encountering the unavoidable issues the Nepalese weather and mountains will throw at you (mainly landslides during my trip). Additionally having a guide was very helpful in seeing things you might miss without a local assisting and took the potential stress out of navigating and timings throughout the trip.

100% would recommend both my guide and NBM !!!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Jonathan D

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for choosing us.

Belated we are thrilled to know you loved our service. Glad that our guide, Nabaraj's service made you happy. We keep our guest first, so we will be maintaining this prompt service and improving other aspects of the trip.

Hope finding places in Thamel will not be difficult for you next time. Hope to see you soon.

Good day!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We booked our trip to Pokhara with NBM Travel this Easter. We got best deals compared to other travel companies. Value for money. Guides who took us for the journey were really friendly. I will definitely visit Nepal again.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank stnithy
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to Nepal over the Easter holiday and the whole trip was arranged by Dashan. He is very helpful and attentive and arranged a very good guide (dual language) for us! We were being taken good care and showed around Pohkara, Lumbini, Nagarkot and Kathmandu with good service and spectacular scenery. Well done and all the best!

Date of experience: April 2014