“Best momos so far”

Cuisines: Japanese, Nepali, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

A lovely quiet place to eat in the heart of thamel. Good vibes and great vegetarian food. The best momos I've had. If I was coming back I would definitely check out the apartment accommodation upstairs which looked like excellent value.

There are newer reviews for Mahaaja

Reviewed March 24, 2014

During our five night stay in Nepal we ended up visiting this place three times and tried various items on the menu. The food is tasty and fresh and the ambience is nice and relaxed. The staff were also friendly and attentive, well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We were hungry and stumbled upon Mahaaja's by accident! Glad we did! My friend ordered the eggplant and I, the momos! I wasnt sure if I wanted veggie or meat, so I ordered both-and ate all of them! Absolutely devine. But they were the best meat momos around! I have a nepali aunty, who's momos usually cant be competed with, but the meat ones here cut very close :)
Love the decor, the only thing was, I wish it had more customers. It would have been nice to have a bit of a ambient buzz of diners, so.. Hint hint? :)
Thanks! Love from the Australians! X

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had breakfast twice during our stay in Kathmandu. It was a great place with incredible ambience and music and decor, which brought us into a trance, away from the dust and horns of outside world, even in the morning! The breakfast was great at reasonable price! Highly recommended!

2  Thank Chiuping S
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Run by a wonderful family and can not beat their food! Inexpensive for the Thamel area. Wonderful vege and non vege dishes, with something for everyone!

1  Thank M F