“True teachers of Yoga”

Yogi-nomad
Ranked #22 of 45 Spas & Wellness in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Yogi-nomad is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding consciousness through Yoga worldwide. Yogi-nomad holds Yoga teacher training Courses (TTC) and Self-devlopment retreats in Kathmandu, Nepal. We combine the practice of Yoga and Ayurveda with other enlightening practices like Nutrition and Thai massage.Yogi-nomad, “A world of difference” Our Vision is to build an International Yogic community to support personal and spiritual growth to make a difference on the planet and to promote the principles of happiness and sustainability. Our Mission is to teach and develop the practice of awareness through yogic techniques and self development applied in everyday life.
Berkeley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“True teachers of Yoga”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I can say I did not leave this training the same person. What attracted me to it was the understanding that there is so much more to Yoga than just the physical practice, and we dove into all the aspects of Yoga. I left this training feeling like family and knowing that my own personal understanding and practice of Yoga has been deeply rooted into my daily life. Thank you thank you thank you.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brian V
Gabyyogi, Owner at Yogi-nomad, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Brian, thank you, your words are sweet and you definitely belong to the family now. Hope to see you again soon. Gaby

Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yoga in Nepal - best option”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The yoga teacher training with Yogi Nomad has been to me the kind of experience that stays in your heart forever. It is a very deep and true approach to yoga in all of its forms, very complete, and nicely interlaced with thai massage. Today, I teach yoga almost everyday in Mexico, and there is not one single class in which my Yogi Nomad teachers are not present! My life is marked, in the best way possible, since Yogi Nomad TT and beautiful Nepal.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ana Paula M
Gabyyogi, Manager at Yogi-nomad, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Ana Paula, your words are sweet and it is comforting to know that you are bringing the Himalayan light to Mexico. Lucky the days our path crossed, let;s hope the forces which run our universe will allow our path to cross again so we can bring together the remote members of the Yogi-nomad family together. Love from the Himalayas. G
Vienna, Austria
“YTT Oct 2011”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

...it was 2 years ago when i attended the yoga teacher training with yogi nomad...since then i developed my path being kind of full-time-yoga teacher by now and i did lot of further workshops, classes, exchange and so on..BUT YOGI NOMADs training is the most important yoga experience i had so far, i still have everything to nourish my own yoga practice and my classes from this journey to nepal in 2011.... it was profound, enriching and influenced my whole lifestyle in a beautiful way! Thank You!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank YOGINES
Gabyyogi, Manager at Yogi-nomad, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Ines, the apple never fall far from the tree, the light you found with us you brought with you! We just created the space so you have the time and the company to realise it. We loved to have you among us and always hope you'll come back some days to teach all that you have learned. With Love, Gaby
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Immerse yourself in yoga”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A great way to learn about the whole yoga philosophy, in one of the most inspiring place on Earth, Nepal. Be warned, these 6 weeks will not leave you unchanged!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank LoloPlou
Drogheda, Ireland
“True yoga experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

To be welcomed into a family feel envoronment is always nice when away from home and that is what you get from Yogi-Nomad. Not only this but also indept knowlegde of the subject matter that is yoga in its true form, and by this I mean that you learn more than just the physical asana of yoga which is the way it should be. Yoga is all, everything, the absolute and every aspect is covered by knowledgeable and enthusiastic teachers. Along side yoga there is also Thai-massage to be discovered and teacher Val is such an inspiration for the world of massage, not to be missed! There are excursions into the real side and spiritual side of Kathmandu which deepens the experience even more. To develop as a person and experience Kathmandu I would highly recommend Yogi-Nomad to anyone. Sarva Mangalam Gaby, Val and all students who make it possible.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ken S
Gabyyogi, Owner at Yogi-nomad, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Ken, there are two words sweet to our ears: inspiring and family and you have used them both in your feed back. It is hard to express the gratitude of a teacher towards students for the opportunity given to do what we love most. I know our path will cross again soon. Love&Light, G