“Great setting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mulchowk Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 706 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: International, European, Asian, Nepali
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mul Chowk is an oasis for gourmet lovers located inside Babar Mahal Revisited, here for your perfect dining experience.Mul Chowk caters to your needs. Whether a quiet lunch meeting, or celebrations we offer fine dining with a refined twist. Serving continental a la carte, elegant cocktails and lavish customised menus for your events, the Mul Chowk's team is here to serve you on any occasion.
Colombo
“Great setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Mulchowks and it was again a very pleasant experience. We took a table outdoors with the weather around 18 °C. The ambience was very pleasant. I had the grilled Salmon with vegetables and the salmon was done to perfection. We did have some difficulty in communicating with the waiter asking for garlic bread and humus but finally the food came and it didn't disappoint. The wi-fi was pretty decent as well. Overall a very pleasant experience in a beautiful setting.

Melbourne, Australia
“Octopus Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went to Mulchowk Restaurant and sampled their octopus salad and cheesecake. Both meals were good. I asked the waiter where they get the seafood from. He said it is frozen and imported from Australia. One day, I think I will splurge and try the seafood platter they have on the menu.
I found the service here to be good. They were still setting up the restaurant when I attended as it was early in the evening. I think that the staff would be able to handle a busy dinner service though.
When I get a chance, I would love to return to Mulchowk and try some of the other delicacies on their menu.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank geelongexpat
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Probably the best burger in Nepal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice continental menu with plenty of choices, I went with the Aussie burger and wasn't disappointed - it was cooked to order and well topped. My wife had a chicken which was decent but the garlic mash that came with it was phenomenal. They also had probably the cheapest bottle of Chimay I've ever had in my life. Owners are very friendly and the staff is reflectively happy.

Visited August 2013
Patan (Lalitpur), Nepal
“Bang on in every aspect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Came from the tourism background, son of Mr. Satya Narayan Manandhar who started the very first hotel in Nagarkot called Flora Hill, Sunny Manadhar defines the word "dedication" within himself. He is courteous and polite with the attitude "wanna make a difference" hosted our dinner yesterday. Located inside the former Rana palace, Babar Mahal, built in europen neo-classical architecture, the ambience is an oasis. The restaurant serves exquisite taste of food and it has no camparison. The attentive staff provides 5 star service. There is something extra special for everyone. The best choice for family outings, tour groups and romantic dinners with a candle light!!!
Try verities of newly arrived beer straight from Neatherlands!!
Raaz
Om Handicrafts

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left Over from the previous day!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I did some Yelp research before my Kathmandu trip looking for the best chicken dish in Kathmandu. I chose the Mulchowk Restaurant due to all the rave reviews. OK, I guess I'm just a Yankee, but I find it hard to believe this was the best Kathmandu had to offer. Not that it was bad--the chicken itself was pretty good, but I couldn't eat the other side dishes (seemed like it was leftover from the previous day). It was just OK for me; certainly if I'm in Kathmandu again I won't make another special trip to this Restaurant.

• Visited July 2013