“Mazcaz”

Welcome To My Yard
Ranked #184 of 882 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amongst these bustling lanes lies the real magic of Kathmandu. Gods and Goddesses, Kings, Ceremonies and rituals, the shop keepers, musicians and the beautifully diverse communities whose thousands of tales are woven into the fabric of this incredible mze of houses, shops, temples and markets Welcome To My Yard's City Walk is an exciting not for profit tour where you will experience the the history, culture and communities of ancient and modern Nepal. Take part in an amazing City Walk with WTMY and you will also be donating to a great cause by directly helping street young people to save for their futures and by supporting WTMY to run and centre and programmes for street children and young people in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Really enjoyed the 3 hour walking tour with Sumit, found it very informative and useful. Would definately recommend it to anyone visiting Kathmandu for the first time.

2  Thank mazcaz1
in 11 reviews
"neighborhoods"
"poverty"

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I loved this tour, Sumit our guide and the young person who joined the tour didn't stop talking for 3 hours, there was just so much to see and they explained everything in so much detail. Best part of my entire trip!

2  Thank Winston W
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I did the 3 hour Thamel and Durbar Square tour, and I am very glad I booked this tour! Sumit has a wealth of information and he loves sharing it! I asked a lot of questions, and he had the answers! I know now how many gods there are in Hinduism, the main religions in Nepal (not what you may think!), and lots of other good stuff. And not only will go have a great experience, at the same time you do something good by supporting Welcome to my Yard, an organization which supports young people in need, and that at a reasonable price. Highly recommended!
By chance, I met Sumit again in Pashupatinath, and he gave me a great tour there too… just a tip.

1  Thank GudrunK2013
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We also did the 3 hour walking tour of Thamel and Durbar Square with Sumit. His knowledge and delivery were fabulous. His understanding of the local area, the history, the relious significance and stories made everything come alive for us. We had a small group (4) and this was perfect. We asked so many questions and he was knowledgable and gracious with all his answers. He was late to arrive to the meeting pint, due to festival traffic blocking his route, but he extended the tour far in excess of the usual three hours, to make sure we saw everything. Unfortunately, we were leaving the next day, or we would have returned to further explore some of the interesting areas that we visited. If you are interested in helping people break the poverty cycle and learn some skills to help them move into empoyment, THIS is the tour for you. if not, it's still a fabulous way to get some insights into a bustling city.

1  Thank Mandy N