“Great walking tour”

Welcome To My Yard
Ranked #161 of 733 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amongst these bustling lanes lies the real magic of Kathmandu. Gods and Goddesses, Kings, Ceremonies and rituals, the shop keepers, musicians and the beautifully diverse communities whose thousands of tales are woven into the fabric of this incredible mze of houses, shops, temples and markets Welcome To My Yard's City Walk is an exciting not for profit tour where you will experience the the history, culture and communities of ancient and modern Nepal. Take part in an amazing City Walk with WTMY and you will also be donating to a great cause by directly helping street young people to save for their futures and by supporting WTMY to run and centre and programmes for street children and young people in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had an excellent walking tour of the city with my guide Sumit. He was entertaining, informative and very friendly as well. My time in Kathmandu would not have been as interesting if I had not signed up for this tour. Highly recommended, and it helps a good cause too.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The 3 hour tour of Thamel, brought to you by the very informative guide Sumit and the WTMY foundation, was excellent from start to finish taking one through the sights of downtown Thamel and some intricacies of the city.

I would recommend this to anyone new to the area who want to "jump start" their exploration of the area. After the tour, we felt a lot more comfortable with not only the Thamel area, which can be overwhelming, but also the culture and history of Nepal.

Much thanks to Sumit, Hannah, and the rest of the organization for a well put together tour.

1  Thank Ram207
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was by far the best city tour I've ever been on! From the booking through to the tour, everyone was such a pleasure to deal with. Sumit was an amazing guide and brought to life the many stories and legends that he shared with such passion. He is very knowledgeable and genuine and I felt totally at ease as we walked the loud, dusty streets of Thamel. I booked my tour the day of, and unfortunately due to the last minute booking and other circumstances, a young person wasn't able to join my tour, but Sumit shared some info about the organization the various projects. I have great respect and admiration for those involved and would highly recommend tour! It was definitely one of the highlights of my trip.

4  Thank Amy T
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Tour of Pashupatinath was incredible. Went in the evening and got to see a ceremony to help send the spirits on. Sumit, our guide was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I did the 3 hour city walk which included a winding tour of the narrow streets of Thamel, and a thorough history lesson in Durbur square, which would have been much less interesting without a guide. If you want to experience and really get to know the real Kathmandu then this is the tour to take. Not only are you learning and sharing in the culture with local Nepali's, but you are helping a great social enterprise based in Kathmandu, which supports and trains local street youths. Truly inspiring and fun, my guide was bursting with local knowledge. Best tour in Nepal so far! Wear comfy shoes and be ready to learn more than your guide books will ever tell you.

1  Thank hannwesty