“Amazing experience with AATE!”

Alpine Asian Treks and Expeditions - Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
Full Day Nagarkot and Changunarayan Hiking Tour from Kathmandu
Champadevi and Kirtipur Day Hiking from Kathmandu
Full Day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour including Kritipur the City of Glory
Ranked #160 of 606 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate fair price guaranteed holidays in Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan. And we are professionals for operating suitable trips for any age, physical fitness, and your budget.
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

There are lots of trekking companies to choose to book you trip from internet but you can not go wrong with ALPINE ASIAN TREKS. I emailed a few as part of my search; I found Alpine Asian Treks the most reasonable, most responsive than other companies that I talked to. They offered me the best itinerary for the exact kind of trip I was looking for so we group of 7 people including me booked our trip through the internet with AATE for ABC ( Annapurna Base Camp) high altitude trekking under the Himalayas and followed by a stay in a peaceful environment around the lake......!!!

Upon arrival at airport in Nepal they welcomed us with special garland and transfer us straight to the hotel. At the evening time we went to their city office to finalize the trip where we met our trekking staff (Binod and 3 porters). Mr. Durga explained the trip in detail with including and excluding things, altitude sickness, regarding out trekking plan, trekking gear and the safety while on trekking …. Which we really appreciated that. !!

At the evening time we had such a great time together in Nepali cultural restaurant where they offered us a welcome dinner.

Following morning as our schedule we regulated our journey to pokhara with our trekking guide and porters.

ABC Trekking was the best experience, knowledgeable guides who spoke English perfectly; they were caring enough, helpful and provided the best service. Our guide gave us all the information regarding the customs, food, local villages and their culture etc. After seeing and meeting many other guides and groups I felt like I had the best guide with us.

Durga was supportive, encouraging, and provided the best advice and service. Thanks to Alpine Asian treks and family, our experience to Himalayas was fantastic! I sincerely recommend AATE to everyone

6  Thank Durgaku
AlpineAsianTreks, Manager at Alpine Asian Treks and Expeditions - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your review in our tripadvisor page. It means a lot to us. As a professional tour /trek operator we are committed to consistently providing excellent service with reasonable cost to our valuable guest. Your positive appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. This gives us more energy, motivation and encouragement to provide excellent service to our clients in upcoming days…

Looking forward to welcome you in near future ….

Thanking you with best regards

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We did the Annapurna Trek ( 4 days) with a very professional guide, Jhanak. Having studied history, Jhanak took good care of briefing us about Nepal history, bouddhism and indouism. He knows a great deal about his country and he transmitted us his passion for its culture.We was friendly and very comprehensive, he adapted the trek to our preferences. We went in different trek agencies before choosing Alpine Asian Trek and Expeditions. The manager Mr. Durga Khatri showed that their intentions were to provide a good service rather than having our money like the other agencies and this is why we decided to go with them. We are very satisfied with our decision and with the price which was totally fair. Don't hesitate to choose Alpine Asian Treks, you will be delighted!

4  Thank Claudia007_13
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A reliable source where you can get all services at ONE stop!!!
Thank you so much for making prompt arrangements upon request for Chitwan trip.. Excellent service by Alpine Asian Treks & Expetition.. Keep rocking, guys!! Cheers!

6  Thank Sarah268
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hey guys are you being inadequate of choosing the best travel for your journey then please try this "Alpine asian treks & Expedition ". Alpine will always be their for you as they did for us. Just before 1 month me & some of my friends ,whole together it was 10 pax. we completed an Annapurna Round Circuit. It was just awesome and the guide Durga he was just amazing full of adventure knowledge & so frank. The staff all off was just superb . Mostly the owner of this company Mr. Shekhar Thapa he was just mind blowing , so genuine, intelligent & power to motivate with guest . He supported us in everything we wanted to do, that's why may be after 2 week me & my whole family are moving for errands (Chitwan 2/ 3 days package). I know that it will be too enjoyable because the first trek with this company became just unforgettable part of my life.
Really I can't say that's its the only one best trekking travel agency in Nepal but Can say that it's the best one from the list of bests .
so if any body ask me for any good travel agency then of course my first word will be Alpine, "Alpine asian treks & expedition".
:-)

6  Thank katt9808666400
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been to Kathmandu for 3 months and only by chance I have found Alpine Asian Treks and Expeditions, just wondering around the streets of Thamel looking for an agency that would help me get into Tibet. I couldn't be luckier! As I have found the most helpful tourist guide I ever came across, Durga, which not only gave me all the information needed and found a way to get a group for me (unfortunately due very strict rules from Chine we weren't successful) but became a friend I went to visit regularly, as that is the feeling you get when you pop into Alpine Asian Treks and Expeditions! They are truly genuine and warm people. Durga in particular has helped me not only for Tibet, but when I decided to do the EBC, booking the flight to & from Lukla, suggesting places where to stay and gave me all sort of recommendations on how to cope with the trek. He also went the extra mile when it was my time to return to Italy and printed out all my tickets for me and offered to book a taxi to the airport! I just loved how lovely they were to me, and how Durga would make me feel like I was a friend and we would have Nepali tea over a chat, something that in 8 months of backpacking solo through Asia I have never found as usually Tourist agencies treated me like I was a purse with legs. I cannot recommend this Agency and Durga enough, if you are in Kathmandu' and get overwhelmed by the thousands of Agencies of Thamel and don't know which one to turn to, well...Alpine Asian Treks and Expeditions and Durga are what you have to look for!!

5  Thank Tatiana1976
AlpineAsianTreks, General Manager at Alpine Asian Treks and Expeditions - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Tatiana

we really appreciated you for taking the time to share your valued feedback at TripAdvisor. well, we work really hard to offer a best services to our clients. As we know each and every customer is different so we always there to our valuable guest for any kind of trip regarding their interest. Thank you very much for your kind word about our Tour/Trek Manager ( Durga ). It makes us so happy in our work when we read reviews like this! It is very satisfying for us when customers like you have such an enjoyable trip...

Once again, I appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future....!!

Thanking you with kind regards

Alpine Asian Treks Team