“Amazing Products, Great Prices!!”

The Cashmere Outlet
Ranked #66 of 175 things to do in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cashmere Outlet (TCO) is a Factory Outlet of the largest Cashmere/Pashmina Knitting factory in Nepal (Tricot Industries Pvt Ltd). TCO stocks Cashmere, Merinos, Fine Cotton, Linen and blends. All goods adhere to export standards. The shop is Factory Owned and offers lifetime purity guarantee on its PURE Cashmere Knitwear.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Products, Great Prices!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I happened to visit the store during my recent holiday to Kathmandu and loved my experience!!

The store had a great collection of men / women's sweaters and shawls. The quality of the cashmere was fantastic. None of the other cashmere outlets in Thamel come close. I got a lot of assistance from the staff who patiently helped me with various designs and sizes. Apart from cashmere sweaters and shawls, they stock amazing stoles and cashmere blankets too!!

I will definitely shop again whenever I come back to Kathmandu. Its a Must visit for all cashmere lovers!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank divip86
sgolyan, Owner at The Cashmere Outlet, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Over the last few weeks we have put in a lot of effort to improve the selection at out store and train our dedicated sales team. They will be thrilled to hear what you have to say. Thank you.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here on the basis of the reviews provided, which seemed glowing.

We were looking to buy men's sweaters, women's cardigans, and a couple of shawls as gifts.

Unfortunately we were in the shop for long enough to have checked out every garment on the racks, but still no 'namaste' or acknowledgment from the three sales staff.

The range was not as extensive as some of the smaller stores in Thamel, and the ticketed prices averaged 10 - 20% higher than the starting price for other outlets.

Overall, we were disappointed to have made a special trip to this shop.

I mentioned this to the staff as we departed, but received blank looks. Not sure if it was a language barrier, or if they simply didn't care. (It did feel a little like the Rodeo Drive scene from 'Pretty Woman' with hiking pants, fleece, and backpack changing up the look just a bit!)

Perhaps the experience would have been different had the owner been in attendance.

7 Thank Kara_Possum
sgolyan, Owner at The Cashmere Outlet, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Kara,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

I am really sorry for the poor courtesy extended at the store. This is certainly not normal and I will take all necessary measures to ensure our sales team is more attentive and courteous. Thank you for pointing this out.

The range in our store keeps changing and lately due to unexpected high sales this season we have not been able to replenish the stocks from our factory as we would have liked. However we are planning something new and in another 2-3 months we will have a completely different presentation at the store.

Price is a very sensitive issue with most of our clients and I don't want to elaborate much on this but I assure you, no one in NEPAL makes the pure and high quality we make. Barring 3-4 shops in all of NEPAL, no one sells Cashmere which is more than 80% pure and MOST don't even come that close. Even the 3-4 who sell pure cashmere don't come close to the quality levels we manufacture. If you want to know and understand more about Cashmere, please feel free to write to me on shakti@tricotnepal.com. I would be happy to share my knowledge with you.

My company has been in the Cashmere business for almost 20 years and I have a formal degree in Textile Management. I understand Cashmere like no other in Nepal and hence work with only the best quality. The store we have is only a factory outlet and we sell goods made from the extra yarn from the large orders we get from our clients all over the world including Australia.

Once again I apologies for the poor showing of my team and for any inconvenience this might have caused. Thank you once again for your feedback, it will help us improve our training and service standard.
New Delhi, India
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Great Cashmere Products at Affordable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited the Cashmere outlet upon recommendation from some fellow travelers. It was a great to pick up amazing quality cashmere products for affordable prices. The designs were great. But, what stood out the most was the quality of the cashmere. It was soft and nice. My sister picked up a few shawls and sweaters, while I picked up a few sweaters (Full and Have). I am really happy with my purchase. And, i recommend the store to anyone looking to by good quality cashmere products.

Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

4 Thank PKT207
sgolyan, Owner at The Cashmere Outlet, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for the lovely review. I do hope you and your sister enjoy the Cashmere. Thank you once again.
Kathmandu, Nepal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I bumped into this shop on my recent visit to a Japanese restaurant which is right next to it and i am so glad i did. A true hidden gem for anyone wanting to buy cashmere stuff. They have a huge collection and prices are pretty good.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank NatShrestha
Thank you so much for the recommendation. We hope you visit again.
Sheridan, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must for Cashmere Lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This shop is a must visit for Cashmere lovers. The best I came across while visiting across Nepal. Genuine quality and great price.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank dvjulia1975
sgolyan, Owner at The Cashmere Outlet, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for the lovely comments. I am glad you liked our store so much. I hope you enjoy the Cashmere you bought from us and hope they keep you warm for many winters to come.