“Nice hotel to stay and friendly people”
Review of Hotel Friends Home

Hotel Friends Home
Ranked #3 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice hotel to stay and friendly people”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have trekked in Kathmandu EBC and stayed there for 3 days.The hotel room and hotel environment was so friendly and the natural scenery from the hotel veranda was so nice that catch your mind.Also the food of the hotel was awesome and i enjoyed my meals in a great pleasure.I will stay there in my next journey surely.

Room Tip: As i was single room in the hotel thats why i can suggest you for the single room.Every single room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mike h
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear valuable guest.
It was a great pleasure to have you in Friends home. We are very happy to know you had nice stay with us. We will always try our stay for our client’s memorable and comfortable stay in Friends home. We hope to welcome you again. Once again thank you for choosing us to stay in Kathmandu.

Prabha and team of Friends home

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place makes no qualms about being a budget hotel, but completely outdoes everyone else in their bracket. I doubt you can find a place this clean, well managed, and well located at a similar price anywhere in Kathmandu. The staff and their management are attentive and willing to go the extra mile, and can help you avoid shady tour agents and book stuff directly. The rooms are super basic but everything is pretty much new and works well - plenty of hot water, and the TV worked better than the one at the hotel we paid twice as much for (I'm looking at you, Manaslu). The location is right off of one of Thamel's main drags and not far from lots of restaurant options. There are certainly nicer hotels in the city but you'll find nothing anywhere close in price compared to the value you get here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the far side of the hotel from the loud clubs up the street (basically, opposite s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valuable guest.

Prabha and team of Friends home
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I took this hotel after looking nice review on tripadvisor when i arrive here Really i liked this hotel.The staff were so friendly.I appreciate the hotel's manager Mr.Pramod for his valuable support.the roof top is great relax after the croud kathmandu and eating there but they have just little menu but chip and delicious its ok.waiting my food in top they have wi fi in roof top also its great .boffet breakfast is also good not much verity but enough and fresh .i am very happy with this hotel if i back nepal i come this hotel and friends in friends home.

• Stayed August 2013
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valuable guest
How great to see your such a nice review of Friends home. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. Our main goal is our guest stay peaceful and comfortable. we always try to do our best for that. We hope to welcome you again in Friends home and we wait to serve you again. We would like to thank you for your review.
Prabha and team of Friends home.
Europe
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am just back after two weeks in Kathmandu and I want to add my favourable opinion on the Hotel Friends Home. The location is very convenient and the hotel extremely clean and confortable. The rooms have nice furniture, wifi, television with any kind of programs, hot water, they are a real nest where to recover from noise, pollution etc.
The staff is exceptional too, all of them. As a woman travelling alone I have greatly appreciated their availability and support. The lady I met was so kind and also the remaining personnel. They do their utmost to look after the hotel which is new and therefore perfectly functioning.
A particular mention to Rajesh who has been so kind and helpful during my entire stay. Should I return to Kathmandu, I have to doubt where to stay and I would recommend it to everybody. The power cuts so frequent in Kathmandu do not affect the hotel since they have a generator in case of need.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valuable guest
Prabha and team of Friends home.
Rome
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We are a couple who trusted tripadvisor for a 5 night stay- and we are extremely glad we did!

Staff- professional, available, helpful, attentive to your needs.

Food- good breakfast and high quality dinner/snack menu (cheap!)

Room- clean, comfortable, large bathrooms, good night sleep.

Wifi- free- available in rooms and in lobby.

Location- the heart of Thamel- and close to the Kantipath bus/tempo routes.

We will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed August 2013
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Valuable clients
Thank you very much for your time to write review of Friends home. It was our great pleasure to have you in Friends home. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. We will always do our best to make all our clients stay comfortable and a real Friends home in Nepal. We hope to welcome you again. Prabha and team of Friends home.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have to admit that when my friends mentioned this hotel's name, it crossed my mind that it might not be the best idea to stay in a place with an ambiguous name. It was ranked as the best place to stay in Kathmandu in TripAdvisor at the time though, so I gave in and agreed to book it. Now that I've stayed two nights in it, I can definitely say that I do not regret listening to the rankings. I only hope that this review will help it stay on top.

Location-wise, it has its ups and downs. It's located in the Thamel district, which is the tourist district as I've been told, so that's a plus. However, the last stretch of road leading up to it is unpaved. Upon seeing this, I was a bit worried that we may have chosen poorly. As soon as I stepped inside though, all my worries seemed to melt away. Don't let any aspect of the exterior fool you; this hotel is lovely.

The rooms are squeaky clean with bathrooms that are pristine. The water heater system in the building is excellent as well. I believe I took a 30-minute hot shower there once. The beds are very comfortable and are sure to make you want to sleep in until way past breakfast. The only problem we had with the room is we couldn't quite figure out how to work the air-conditioning unit. I'm sure you can ask the hotel staff to help you with that one though.

Speaking of hotel staff, this hotel has a very accommodating set. They make you feel very much at home at the hotel. Like staying over at a friend's home. Boom! There's the reason behind the name. They can help you arrange tours around Kathmandu (and probably elsewhere though we didn't try asking) if you're the kind of group who goes places without concrete plans - like us.

The breakfast they serve is okay. The choices are pretty slim but those pork sausages will keep you coming back for more. Don't forget to ask for egg cooked just the way you want it; they offer that too.

Overall, this hotel is excellent and it is of no doubt to me both why this hotel is ranked number 1 and that it should remain on top.

Room Tip: There's really not going to be a problem here. The only differences in their rooms are the numbe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jaybeeang
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed two nights with them on my way to Chitwan and back last week with family

No hestations to rate them 5 stars all over

Simple, clean,spaciousand very comfortable rooms- No fancy jazz but everything works

Genuine smiles and care. Just mention it and it gets resolved.I have stayed in many hotels in different parts of the world .Most of them could learn from this simple people what customer delight is all about

I am definitley going back and am recomending this place to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family